"Hey TDA, got any last bombshells for us?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkpre

Just a Guy
I already have all of those except for maybe the Transformer Sweepstakes Ad. (I can't remember if I have that one or not).
Will you be uploading them if you get the time?

Also, does anyone have any bumps for the 2003 Toonami era. Partically bumps of TOM3 introducing shows and stuff.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
While I appreciate any efforts to preserve Toonami through the TDA, I have to admit a bias toward the Moltar era. Obviously, promos and clips from last year are easier to track down, but there's something about the Moltar-era's look and feel I'm rather partial to. I'm gonna see what I can do about tracking down some Moltar-era videos on VHS, but it's not easy.

There wasn't much missing from TDA, though, as far as the Moltar era:

-The credits they ran at the end of the Moltar-era block, of course.

-The only 'Moltar speaks' promo I know of that's missing is 'Villians'.

-The Moltar-era Voltron intro (which was the only Toonami-styled intro aired during Toonami's first year, if I remember right)

-And of course, all the interviews they had with skaters and various extreme sports professionals; I always liked those, and I'm pretty sure I have at least one on VHS, but I don't have the hardware or software to upload it right now, but someday soon.

This bring up an interesting question: Were there any ads advertising Toonami before it's premiere?

I severely doubt anyone has them anymore if they did exist, but it'd still be really interesting to see how CN first advertised the block.

Beefy

It only hurts forever
Will you be uploading them if you get the time?
I have 148 bumps from 2007, and 75 bumps from 2008.
Not all of them will be uploaded, but I will be taking some assorted bumps from each show to make some bump collections.

Also, does anyone have any bumps for the 2003 Toonami era. Partically bumps of TOM3 introducing shows and stuff.
The only bumps from 2003 on my hard drive were one bump and one lineup. Anything else, if I have it, would be on tape.

Zach Logan

We are Maji!
Not all of them will be uploaded, but I will be taking some assorted bumps from each show to make some bump collections.

The only bumps from 2003 on my hard drive were one bump and one lineup. Anything else, if I have it, would be on tape.

Do you guys have any bumpers/lineups from the TOM 2 era?

Linkpre

Just a Guy

Hey thanks alot for those two bumps and I look forward to seeing anymore you can get online. Stuff like this makes me regret not taping Toonami back then. We had a VCR, but we'd never have tapes.

Anyways, thanks again.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
I actually have a decent amount of old Toonami stuff. I have ten to fifteen tapes of Thundercats (which includes the Moltar intro to Toonami, then the Thundercats intro itself, and a few Moltar era bumps), about five tapes of ReBoot (custom ReBoot intro, ReBoot bumpers), Big O (TOM1 or maybe TOM2, I don't remember exactly, but I believe this was from the midnight run), a TON of Dragonball and Dragonball Z tapes (probably a lot of bumpers on here), some Voltron tapes (I haven't actually watched these since I taped them like ten years ago so I don't know what's on them :sweat:) which also supposedly have Beast Wars on them, though I'm not sure if it's Beast Wars from Fox Kids, or from Toonami's brief run of it.

If you guys need any of this, I'll try to convert it so that I can get it onto my computer.

Linkpre

Just a Guy
^ That would be cool. The more bumps the better. I really wish I could help more, but I only have one Toonami tape from last year and none of the equipment required to get it online. Luckily, Beefy said he might upload some new ones.

Personally, I'd like to see alot more bumps from the 2003 era. I'm sure they'll appear sometime in the future.

Sprocket

Problematic.
Me, I'm hoping to track down more of those interviews they did during the Moltar Era. And that bizarre Scooby-Doo music video they aired in Toonami's first year. Anyone else remember that one?

"We hear and obey!"

Zach Logan

We are Maji!
I actually have a decent amount of old Toonami stuff. I have ten to fifteen tapes of Thundercats (which includes the Moltar intro to Toonami, then the Thundercats intro itself, and a few Moltar era bumps), about five tapes of ReBoot (custom ReBoot intro, ReBoot bumpers), Big O (TOM1 or maybe TOM2, I don't remember exactly, but I believe this was from the midnight run), a TON of Dragonball and Dragonball Z tapes (probably a lot of bumpers on here), some Voltron tapes (I haven't actually watched these since I taped them like ten years ago so I don't know what's on them :sweat:) which also supposedly have Beast Wars on them, though I'm not sure if it's Beast Wars from Fox Kids, or from Toonami's brief run of it.

If you guys need any of this, I'll try to convert it so that I can get it onto my computer.

You should do that and send that to Tyler and Co.

Sprocket

Problematic.
Just to let you guys know, someone by the name of BenW783a has posted a pretty high quality Toonami opening for Thundercats. According to the user, it's from 1998.

Here' the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_4MVSdlr-M

Huh. I actually thought TDA had that one. God knows I watched Toonami every day back then, so I pretty much have that intro memorized, heh.

At this point, I'll gladly take anything from the Moltar-era. It's not exactly easy to come by.

Linkpre

Just a Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts