"Hey TDA, got any last bombshells for us?"

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Oct 7, 2002
Ratings
The Absolution
Considering all that has come to pass, I would just like to inquire as to whether TylerL, Beefy, Zogg or any of those fine people over at Toonami Digital Arsenal have any nifty bonus videos or anything that they have yet to share with the fans.

I vaguely recall that Tyler might have have some exclusive video regarding the proposed Lockdown 2, for instance. And I remember a poll where there were two choices of sections for TDA to put up, and Miguzi ended up winning, and I have no idea what the other option was.

I just figure, hey, any new content is better than none, right?

:tom:

Beefy

It only hurts forever
May 14, 2003
Ratings
Grandma Prison
I don't know if they could be described as "bombshells", but I still have quite a few things to put on TDA.

Some intros for shows, some bump collections, some promos.
Maybe even something for the Features section.

TylerL

You're right...it IS easy!
Feb 8, 2002
TDA Basement of Doom™
asfdotcom.net
And I remember a poll where there were two choices of sections for TDA to put up, and Miguzi ended up winning, and I have no idea what the other option was.
...you mean this?:

Yeah, I re-found that. It'll be coming.

I have some other interesting stuff too. I dove into my archives yesterday and pulled out things I had been meaning to work on.

You'll get to see "Lockdown: Phase II" soon, but it'll be packaged in something else.

Zach Logan

We are Maji!
Apr 17, 2002
Moving Around
adultswimhq.com
I have some other interesting stuff too. I dove into my archives yesterday and pulled out things I had been meaning to work on.

You'll get to see "Lockdown: Phase II" soon, but it'll be packaged in something else.
I'll double check the ASU archive on my external HD and make sure I don't have anything from Toonami, I'll give you anything that I may have though if I do.

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Oct 7, 2002
Ratings
The Absolution
LOL, this is random but i found it kinda funny:

While browsing the arsenal's "Middle Toonami" section I found a video called "TMR - DBZ and 08th MS Team" with the description "[SIZE=-1]For the first time ever, TMR runs without DBZ."

What's extra funny about that is it's actually 08th MS Team and Outlaw Star in the promo. :p

Other random crap that's wonky:
[/SIZE]TMR - September 2001 is in the downloads twice, same exact file.

Beefy

It only hurts forever
May 14, 2003
Ratings
Grandma Prison
Stop breaking stuff!

While browsing the arsenal's "Middle Toonami" section I found a video called "TMR - DBZ and 08th MS Team" with the description "[SIZE=-1]For the first time ever, TMR runs without DBZ."

What's extra funny about that is it's actually 08th MS Team and Outlaw Star in the promo. :p

Other random crap that's wonky:
[/SIZE]TMR - September 2001 is in the downloads twice, same exact file.
Fixed now.

The Star Wars: Clone Wars Season 2 Toonami promo is also broken.
That's been broken for a while. The file isn't on the server, and I don't have a copy of it.

So if anyone has cw-vol2toonamipromo.mov, e-mail it to me and I'll reupload it.

Zach Logan

We are Maji!
Apr 17, 2002
Moving Around
adultswimhq.com
Fixed now.

That's been broken for a while. The file isn't on the server, and I don't have a copy of it.

So if anyone has cw-vol2toonamipromo.mov, e-mail it to me and I'll reupload it.
I noticed both of those a while ago but I didn't think of reporting it cause I know how busy you guys are. If you or Tyler need help, I'm always glad to do whatever I can.

Linkpre

Just a Guy
Jan 26, 2007
VA
pre-ble.deviantart.com
I have a few promos from last year on tape. Thing is that I have no idea how I'd get them online.

Here's what I have:
*Two Naruto promos from the Tsunade Arc.
*A Toonami Transformer Sweepstakes Ad ( Which is one of the few ads that showed the 2007 Toonami logo)
*Various "We'll be right Back" Bumps from Teen Titans, Yugi-OH GX and One Piece
*The 2007 "Later" Bump
* Ben 10: Alien Force Bumps

If someone could teach me and it is inexpensive, I could at least try to get them online.

Tash

Jul 19, 2002
N/A
Visit site
I have a few promos from last year on tape. Thing is that I have no idea how I'd get them online.

Here's what I have:
*A Toonami Transformer Sweepstakes Ad ( Which is one of the few ads that showed the 2007 Toonami logo)
*The 2007 "Later" Bump

If someone could teach me and it is inexpensive, I could at least try to get them online.
You probably don't have the equipment needed to move video from a VHS to a computer, since it's not a standard feature on most computers. Check and see if your computer has any any video-in ports of any sort (The ones that are red/white/yellow, like on a VCR, are the most common). If not, a DVD recorder hooked up to your TV would work, too. Some high-end TVs may have other interface options, too.

If not, the cheapest way would probably be to just send the tapes to someone who can.

Beefy

It only hurts forever
May 14, 2003
Ratings
Grandma Prison

Here's what I have:
*The 2007 "Later" Bump

I already have all of those except for maybe the Transformer Sweepstakes Ad. (I can't remember if I have that one or not).

Sprocket

Problematic.
Jan 26, 2002
Long Island, New York
While I appreciate any efforts to preserve Toonami through the TDA, I have to admit a bias toward the Moltar era. Obviously, promos and clips from last year are easier to track down, but there's something about the Moltar-era's look and feel I'm rather partial to. I'm gonna see what I can do about tracking down some Moltar-era videos on VHS, but it's not easy.

There wasn't much missing from TDA, though, as far as the Moltar era:

-The credits they ran at the end of the Moltar-era block, of course.

-The only 'Moltar speaks' promo I know of that's missing is 'Villians'.

-The Moltar-era Voltron intro (which was the only Toonami-styled intro aired during Toonami's first year, if I remember right)

-And of course, all the interviews they had with skaters and various extreme sports professionals; I always liked those, and I'm pretty sure I have at least one on VHS, but I don't have the hardware or software to upload it right now, but someday soon.

As for post Moltar-era, well, there are some promos that could be in better quality, but let's face it, promos from six, seven, eight, or nine years ago? You're gonna have a heck of a time finding someone with a decent-quality encode of something that old.

Although, bizarrely, someone made an AMV using high-quality stereo of the Outlaw Star 2-minute promo on Youtube, but when I asked him about it, he said he only had the audio, and then he lost it. And before I could get the audio off the Youtube video, the clip was gone. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?