General International TV Channels Thread

J10

Last edited:

canyuksel97

At This Time, ATV Is About To Change Their Schedule To Air Kim Milyoner Olmak İster In Its Place.
Because Super Cup Match Was Postponed Again Due To Fenerbahçe Teams Was Headed To Locker Room,
But Galatasaray Got Their Goal. However This Match Was Lasted For 2 Minutes.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@J10: Did Kurdsat shut down or did it just leave Hotbird? Sunrise Switzerland announced that the channel shut down and they had the channel since the Cablecom days.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
Paramount is starting to cut costs on international originals, due to its streaming push, Telefe has laid off its entire scripted TV staff and almost all of Argentine's big 6 TV channels are becoming variety/import-heavy.

J10

@J10: Did Kurdsat shut down or did it just leave Hotbird? Sunrise Switzerland announced that the channel shut down and they had the channel since the Cablecom days.
No, it didn’t close on satellites. I saw that their news station is still existed.

Canal+ increased its bid for MultiChoice who seem to be open to the idea of an acquisition. But there's various hurdles for foreign investors to own a local company. It should be noted that this deal will be terminated by April 2025 if they don't resolve the problem and an extension is possible. Canal+ and MultiChoice join hands in takeover deal - TechCentral
I don’t think extension is possible. They refuse many times, and suddenly another owner takes over the company.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Paramount is starting to cut costs on international originals, due to its streaming push, Telefe has laid off its entire scripted TV staff and almost all of Argentine's big 6 TV channels are becoming variety/import-heavy.
Can someone tell ParGlo to sell Game One and J-One before it gets too late? (Also, Super! so it can go ot its old glory)

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
According to Telefe, their scripted content is not dead, there have been reductions due to Paramount's restructuring buzz (about 40-50 people left the channel due to this) and new shows are planned for 2025.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
According to Telefe, their scripted content is not dead, there have been reductions due to Paramount's restructuring buzz (about 40-50 people left the channel due to this) and new shows are planned for 2025.

Also, Argentina has no national fiction, telenovelas etc. because Pol-Ka, El Trece's production company, shut down.

themidnightlore

Staff member
By some divine miracle or whatever, Cairo Communication does the unthinkable and decides to renovate La7d after years of monotony.
You can see some sneakpeeks in the La7's stories here.
A rebrand (they're sending the D in Segoe Print (?) in the basement) and new series (including some Disney content, like Modern Family) coming to the channel at the end of the month, the 29th of April.

Francisque

By some divine miracle or whatever, Cairo Communication does the unthinkable and decides to renovate La7d after years of monotony.
You can see some sneakpeeks in the La7's stories here.
A rebrand (they're sending the D in Segoe Print (?) in the basement) and new series (including some Disney content, like Modern Family) coming to the channel at the end of the month, the 29th of April.
La7 is in general something that needs rethinking

They have a lot of potential and I appreciate a few of their shows, but heck, they aren't doing much to "promote" them and they haven't done much against stronger competition
La7 is more known as a "seminews" channel

I still appreciate them much more than Mediaset, regardless

The rebrand seems nice

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Wow, even BBC Entertainment is gone now. I think there are now only 1 British and 6 American pay channels left with Dutch subtitles.

BBC First
STAR Channel
National Geographic Wild
Discovery Science
ID Investigation Discovery
History
Crime+Investigation

I'm actually surprised that Discovery Science still exists. Don't all of those programs also air on Discovery Channel?

Francisque

Discovery Science Netherlands is the "EMEA" feed, which has been shut down in most of the CEE region bar Poland

Nat Geo Wild similarly is a pan-feed, with ad opt outs

The rest is local though

Reactions: J10

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel

themidnightlore

Staff member
La7 is in general something that needs rethinking

They have a lot of potential and I appreciate a few of their shows, but heck, they aren't doing much to "promote" them and they haven't done much against stronger competition
La7 is more known as a "seminews" channel

I still appreciate them much more than Mediaset, regardless

The rebrand seems nice
I do say miracle as it's notorious that Cairo doesn't spend that much on the TV channels. La7d really needed some changes.

Francisque

Italian generalist WBD channel Nove (9) might well be about to become the next big generalist channel in Italy
Especially when Mediaset have thankfully died in terms of popularity

After they've bought popular Sunday talk show Che tempo Che fa from RAI, they're now about to strike a deal to have very popular Italian figure Amadeus (currently the presenter of the very popular "Affari tuoi" game show) there too

It's about to become a kind of Italian TVN in terms of popularity if it isn't already, and you can definitely breathe a fresher more exciting innovative and LIBERAL flare compared to government lobbied (sorry, I hate Giorgia Meloni) RAI and Mediaset, so I'm happy for Amadeus

More later

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel
Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite CN logo and CN City.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of Cartoon Network's "City Era". This era ties with the "Powerhouse Era" as my favorite era through out the channel's history.

Featured Posts