Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
nicktoons.png
dragon-ball-z-movie.png

Dragon Ball Z Movie - Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan

Premieres: Wednesday, September 14 at 8pm ET on Nicktoons
Encores: Wednesday, September 14 at 11pm & 2am; Thursday, September 15 at 9pm & 12am; Sunday, September 18 at 2pm (all times ET)
Watch Online: http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/dragon-ball-z-broly-the-legendary-super-saiyan-full.html

Two legends at war, the Z Fighters must face Broly, the Super Saiyan of unspeakable malice and power. Earth’s mightiest warriors must save the universe from him … if they can survive!

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You know I forgot how funny the movie actually starts out. I'm not talking about Master Roshi's stupid comedy relief (the funny moment with that will come later. Also why are Gohan and Krillin struggling to hold Master Roshi when they are dozens of times stronger then him?) but some of the other stuff, like Chi Chi yelling at Goku to actually behave in a meeting and Trunks and Vegeta's reaction to Krillin's Karoke. Oh and for those wondering yes this is the original dub of this movie: we've got the long slow Funimation rock opening (as in their music but the actual video version of the original Japanese DBZ opening. Too bad movies are the only reasons they'd allow to run the full version of the songs) and yeah the original voice actors for Gohan and Bulma. Gohan's sounds espiecally off having gotten use to Collen's version of him.

Rynnec

I don't mind them using the dub soundtrack. Since I like my hard rock, heavy guitars, and metal to go along with my action sequences.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
I just randomly tuned in because I figured "Why not?", I forgot how bad the dub is, lol. This music is so weird, IMO, and Piccolo's voice is extra gravely. Anybody know what video transfer this is? I'm guessing the one from Funi's Blu-Ray...

MetroSparkster

...has nothing to say.
I don't mind them using the dub soundtrack. Since I like my hard rock, heavy guitars, and metal to go along with my action sequences.
I like them. I felt the movie with the best dub track was Cooler's Revenge. I hope that come to Nicktoons as well.

The soundtracks of the last few movies... not so much.

But about this movie... UGH! Vegeta is so pathetic here. Yes, they're dealing with a ruthless manic like Broly, but he's was whining so much until the end.

I just randomly tuned in because I figured "Why not?", I forgot how bad the dub is, lol. This music is so weird, IMO, and Piccolo's voice is extra gravely. Anybody know what video transfer this is? I'm guessing the one from Funi's Blu-Ray...

It's FUNi's master from when they originally released the movie.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Originally posted by MetroSparkster
I like them. I felt the movie with the best dub track was Cooler's Revenge. I hope that come to Nicktoons as well.

Oh it is. This week we're getting movies 8 and 12, and if the schedule keeps as it is, next week we'll get movies 7 and 9 (Super Andriod 13 and Bojack Unbound) Movies 10 and 13 the week after (Brolly Second Coming and Wrath Of The Dragon) and movies 5 and 6 the first week of October (Cooler's Revenge and Return Of Cooler)

But about this movie... UGH! Vegeta is so pathetic here. Yes, they're dealing with a ruthless manic like Broly, but he's was whining so much until the end.

To be fair there is at least more of a reason behind that then just the incredibley stupid comic relief moments I mentioned before. The thing is that Brolly is suppose to be THE Legendary Super Sayian: not the Super Sayian that Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Trunks can turn into, but the ultimate super sayian who is the strongest warrior in the universe. The one Vegera's heard rumors about that is beyond any sayian and any warrior and believed only he ever had a chance of achieving until seeing Goku's strength during the Ginyu Force fight. And thinking about Vegeta totally froze up after realizing he had no chance of defeating Freeza but yeah I don't think he ever ran away like he did here. I guess there was a bit of a reason for it but it still seemed off but there's more wonky characterization in some of these DBZ movies then in just this one.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I like this film. I didn't see it on Nicktoons, but thats fine because I just saw it on Blu-ray. Anyway, I like Broly. I think he is a bit over-rated, but for a Shonen Jump film villain, hes actually pretty cool, and he pawned the whole cast in such a cool way. The end of this film was incredibly rushed though, and Roshi was annoying.

SoulEaterHaruhi

I am Lamp. I like candy.
Having just rewatched this uncut via DVD and watched last week's Nicktoon airing... yeah, Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan still holds up well for me. This is the best of the Broly Trilogy (not saying much, lol :sweat:).

Fun slugfest of a movie like I remembered. Nicktoons shocked me with their leniency and allowed a lot of the violent content in. Good entertaining film and a crazy metal soundtrack (Pantera! :D). It still astounds me to this day Vic Mignogna voiced Broly... he's done a pipsqueak and a roid-raged Super Saiyan. XD

Broly's an ok character, in my opinion, a tad bit overhyped. The dub was kinda distracting having grown used to Dragonball Z Kai. I'm so used to Colleen!Gohan by now. :sweat: Not too bad.

Fun movie and the only Broly film I can rewatch on a good time waster.

Haruhi's Rating for Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan: 3.5/5

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Quoted for the truth!
PLuto LEGO now is airing LEGO Friends: Next Chapter. Disney channel former recently aired this before.
It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.

Featured Posts