Do you think ATHF has potential for a revival?

Tacartoon

If Dave Willis wants to reboot the series, I think it could very much be a possibility, with the same animation format and voice actors as the original series rather than being a completely new project. It was lucky enough to run for nearly 15 years and had a massive cult following, so anything could happen.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Well honestly the series didn't end because of low ratings or heck even originally the creator's intent. It ended because Mike Lazzo cancelled the show feeling it had "run it's course". There are varying reports as to why he did this but one theory that IMHO holds a fair amount of validity is the fact the banned/blocked "Boston" episode (originally intended for the 2008 season) managed to leak in an unfinished state and it was an episode Mike Lazzo NEVER wanted to officially see the light of day and the fact it had made him want to end the show.

However Lazzo is no longer in charge of Adult Swim and despite ATHF being cancelled Dave still does Carl blurbs from time to time (having just done one for the graduating class of 2020 a few months back for instance) so it's not like he's totally forgotten the show. And honestly if something like 12 Oz Mouse could come back I see ATHF coming back especially once AS loses most of the other FOX related series and becomes more starved for content so I could see them relaunching some of their other series. ATHF you wouldn't need to reboot or anything; just give it a silly new title like they have the last few seasons but still have it have the same feel and honestly now that they've been away from it for awhile chance for the epiosdes to be more fresh then the last few seasons were. i mean it wouldn't be hard to really get the cast back as Willis obviously still with AS and Means is still around and though getting more VA work it wouldn't be hard to get Dana Snyder back especially as again he's on 12 Oz Mouse now so yeah I see the show coming back in some form this decade.

Toonatic

They can always try making another film and make it exclusively for HBO Max.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Aqua Teens was a product of its time and was fine for what it was, but I have no interest in a revival. I don't think it would work as well.

Adult Swim's style is random. IF they want to do it...it'll pop up and happen one day without a clue.

But...I think they've moved on from it and I look to Space Ghost as to the reasoning. The Space Ghost crew all were running other projects and getting AS started...even though it created the AS brand and they needed new content like a big brand like Space Ghost....they needed to move on.

Those guys are on to new projects, retired, & running Adult Swim.

Although...I'd love more Space Ghost.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I personally think they've done just about everything they can do with the characters. It's not like ATHF was The Venture Brothers, which ended with unfinished business. We got over a decade of adventures with the crew, and I'd argue that it overstayed its welcome after a certain point.

Maybe it can come back with a new special or spin-off like Harvey Birdman, but I don't see the need for a full revival.

I personally think they've done just about everything they can do with the characters. It's not like ATHF was The Venture Brothers, which ended with unfinished business. We got over a decade of adventures with the crew, and I'd argue that it overstayed its welcome after a certain point.

Maybe it can come back with a new special or spin-off like Harvey Birdman, but I don't see the need for a full revival.
ATHF Deathfighter movie is ready...just needs some money!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.

Featured Posts