Cartoon Network International News Thread 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffyrocks

Daffy Duck. Can. Not. Be. Fooled.
Off-Topic:
Look Like Zaslav plans to merge with Paramount which owns Nickelodeon and if this happens.
The crossover between Nick and Cartoon Network will be stronger than before. Paramount will have
The Willy Wonka franchise is back alongside Looney Tunes but with added Harry Potter, and others.

What do you guys think about this possible merger with another company?
Do you think it will happen or may be not? Who knows.
Let's just pretend this wasn't brought on. Ok?

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Off-Topic:
Look Like Zaslav plans to merge with Paramount which owns Nickelodeon and if this happens.
The crossover between Nick and Cartoon Network will be stronger than before. Paramount will have
The Willy Wonka franchise is back alongside Looney Tunes but with added Harry Potter, and others.

What do you guys think about this possible merger with another company?
Do you think it will happen or may be not? Who knows.
I have mixed feelings about this merge.

StrikersSeventyOG

many reputable sources have confirmed, including CNN. It used to be possible to dream about this when Nick and CN will have the same owner.
NBC also confirmed that but on talks only. But might be possible gonna happen or maybe not depending on their conversation.
If this happens, Nick now focus on Live Action and Sitcome while CN focuses on Cartoon.
Cartoonito possibly absorbs to Nick Jr as well.
Paramount retook their old franchise like Willy Wanka, DC's Superman, etc., that they sold to WB.
WB retook on MTV, Nick, etc. also.

Markus Nelis

I'm actually curious what will happen if CN and Nick are owned by the same company. I guess they need to be friends instead of big rivals. They should be together to have a good competition against Disney. Many think that it's going to be a bad merge but I'm going to be optimistic. It can't be as bad as WB and Discovery merge.

Francisque

I'm actually curious what will happen if CN and Nick are owned by the same company. I guess they need to be friends instead of big rivals. They should be together to have a good competition against Disney. Many think that it's going to be a bad merge but I'm going to be optimistic. It can't be as bad as WB and Discovery merge.
IF it's really happening, which I'm very sceptical about

They'll have to go through a lot of hassle, and much splitting and asset selling

Markus Nelis

IF it's really happening, which I'm very sceptical about

They'll have to go through a lot of hassle, and much splitting and asset selling
They were talking so if both parts agree, we can see the merge. In current time, everything is unpedictable so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Francisque

Not impossible, but Nick and CN being owned by the same company plus all the spinoff channels and authorities being OK with it?
The advertising cake would be all theirs for that audience, or almost (since Disney Channel doesn't carry advertising; Disney XD only does)
Yeah, linear TV is clearly receding in the US, but streaming-wise they would still be powerful for that demogrpahic.

That's definitely a large concentration of power, and not just for children's programming of course.

Not that any such merger would make me sad or anything: I have other priorities of course, I'm just saying it kind of sounds... unlikely?
But let's see

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
If Paramount and Warner Bros Discovery merge, then I could see Cartoon Network closing down. Its shows would move to Nickelodeon.

For Europe specifically, this would mean that Cartoon Network's programs would get dubbed into Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Ukrainian.

Francisque

If Paramount and Warner Bros Discovery merge, then I could see Cartoon Network closing down. Its shows would move to Nickelodeon.

For Europe specifically, this would mean that Cartoon Network's programs would get dubbed into Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Ukrainian.
Nah, they would hardly get rid of such a recognizable brand

Obviously Nickelodeon is a more famous brand; but then, they haven't get rid of Discovery Family (for now), what makes you think they'd get rid of CN?
It's still quite a popular brand, not just in the US but worldwide

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
They would have two brands with the same target audience. So far that has always resulted in a merger of brands. Why would it be different now?

Indeed, they haven't gotten rid of Discovery Family yet. But the merger only happened one year ago and they are still digesting.

You would have thought they'd never close down Cartoon Network Studios and merge it with WB Animation, but they did that anyway. CN Studios is really just a thing on paper now. They clearly don't care that much about the brand as we do.

Markus Nelis

The advertising cake would be all theirs for that audience, or almost (since Disney Channel doesn't carry advertising; Disney XD only does)
Actually Disney Channel in the US airs ads but they're just 1 to 2 minutes lon each time. They choose the specific advertisers that throw them the most money instead of being your traditional 3 minute ads that most of the channels there have.

J10

If the merger happens:

Maybe Nickelodeon would be like Disney, Hulu, and Netflix, and produce similar sitcoms/live-action content and get more airings than ever on the channel, while their cartoons shift to CN, and Spongebob would be the main franchise with Ivandoe than Gumball. Beside, maybe Nicktoons would rebrand to Boomerang and that brand gets revived.

Some minor channels (Boing, Toonami Africa, and Discovery Family) on some platforms would be replaced by Nickelodeon (In its new form).

I guess the Paramount merger will be rejected, unlike the Discovery merger and the previous ones.

The positivity is that we may expect feed merger for CN (with the CIS/SEE feed shutdown like what happen to Nickelodeon CIS/Russia), however, if not, layoffs will continue in the US and won't focus on international operations.

Last edited:

TVArchive

If the merger happens:

Maybe Nickelodeon would be like Disney, Hulu, and Netflix, and produce similar sitcoms/live-action content and get more airings than ever on the channel, while their cartoons shift to CN, and Spongebob would be the main franchise with Ivandoe than Gumball. Beside, maybe Nicktoons would rebrand to Boomerang and that brand gets revived.

Some minor channels (Boing, Toonami Africa, and Discovery Family) on some platforms would be replaced by Nickelodeon (In its new form).

I guess the Paramount merger will be rejected, unlike the Discovery merger and the previous ones.

The positivity is that we may expect feed merger for CN (with the CIS/SEE feed shutdown like what happen to Nickelodeon CIS/Russia), however, if not, layoffs will continue in the US and won't focus on international operations.
Nickelodeon broadcasts in the CIS (except Russia and Belarus). Last year, Nickelodeon Russia was closed, now Nickelodeon Global is there

J10

Nickelodeon broadcasts in the CIS (except Russia and Belarus). Last year, Nickelodeon Russia was closed, now Nickelodeon Global is there
I'm not saying there is no feed in CIS.

I know about that from before.

I was talking about the Russian feed (the localized feed) for Nickelodeon, and that CN SEE will face the same fate in the future. CN SEE was mainly targeting Russia (before March 2022), as the Russian rating was shown on the channel, and it is aired in Southeastern Europe too.

After the merger, no need for layoffs and write-offs in the US, it's time for feed merger and closing HQs internationally, which are too many over there.

TVArchive

I'm not saying there is no feed in CIS.

I know about that from before.

I was talking about the Russian feed (the localized feed) for Nickelodeon, and that CN SEE will face the same fate in the future. CN SEE was mainly targeting Russia (before March 2022), as the Russian rating was shown on the channel, and it is aired in Southeastern Europe too.

After the merger, no need for layoffs and write-offs in the US, it's time for feed merger and closing HQs internationally, which are too many over there.
I understood, probably the translator did not translate correctly.

I am waiting for them to rename the license CN RSEE to CN CAAC (Central Asia and Caucasus). With this name, the channel was released on satellites this year.

Reactions: J10

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
New thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My reaction that TeenNick is airing The Tiny Chef Show:
Hey, Multiversus: Enough of the freaking villains already. Give us Daffy Duck!
Of all of Cartoon Network's detractors, no one hates Cartoon Network more than Warner Bros Discovery.
Does anyone else think that Doug Walker has just been phoning it in with the Nostalgia Critic episodes lately? Maybe he doesn't need to be doing a new episode of NC every week anymore. I think that Doug should cut NC down to just 1 episode per month or something similar.
Action! wrote on Dr.Pepper's profile.
Congrats on being promoted!

Featured Posts