Canadian TV Channels Schedule Updates

Ryan

Well known for talking about Canada.
The holiday programming on Télé-Québec for this year is up!
Les Fêtes à Télé-Québec

It has new episodes of Lassie, Grizzy and the Lemmings, and Alvinnn and the Chipmunks. Includes the movie premieres of Trolls, Kung Fu Panda 3, Monster vs. Aliens (The movie aired on Radio-Canada last summer), and Rango (Last time it aired it in Québec was TVA).

Ryan

Family Channel is about to air Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol on November 30th at 7pm. Looks like they're start airing Dreamworks Classics TV specials, does that mean they're airing Rankin/Bass specials owned by Dreamworks Classics this year? I hope so because YTV aired the Rankin/Bass specials in their old tape master. Though CBC still had the rights to some of Dreamworks Classics specials.

And Lego Jurassic World: The Indominus Escapes airs on Family Channel starting December 1st at 7am as a 2-part splitter.

Ryan

Family Jr. is going to premiere Fireman Sam: Heroes of the Storm on December 1st at 6pm. I don't know if they decided to air the CGI series of Fireman Sam anytime soon.

Also on the same day, YTV is going to air a Star Wars movie by voting which is the best one online.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Interesting to see DHX start to become the home for non-Disney/Warner branded LEGO stuff. First LEGO Friends, then the LEGO City shorts and now the Jurassic World special.

As for Fireman Sam, it's possible it'll air on their channels soon. Their Halifax studio (which is being sold off) took over animation for it and Bob the Builder.

Ryan

I was wrong about Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, it might've been a filler because when you go to their website, it will actually airing A Christmas Carol Musical that was done in Toronto last year.

And they're gonna start airing Season 3 of Alvin and the Chipmunks on December 5th at 5:45pm.

Ryan

New changes for the Teletoon schedule starting November 27th:

Steven Universe replaced Richie Rich (1980) on their 4am timeslot
The Tom and Jerry Show (2014) will start airing on the 28th replaced the 70's series on their 3:30am timeslot
Metajets will return on December 4th replaced X-Men: Evolution on their 3am timeslot (Surprisingly they still own the rights to this show, since this show its own by DHX)

Takao

Treehouse will air the Robocar Poli Traffic Safety Special on December 9th at 2PM.

YTV will air the DreamWorks Troll movie on December 9th at 6PM.

Nelvana's new pilot Spaceman and Robotron will premiere in November on both Teletoon channels.

The French channel premiered this on November 16th. You can check out some French language publicity materials here. Not sure when the English broadcast will happen.

(I'm really surprised by how well animated this is for a late night production.)

Teletoon At Night is actually doing things again, too. They'll be launching a new YouTube series by Sean Cullen called Vampire Steve this Friday:

Takao

Lego Star Wars All-Stars debuts on Disney Channel on 12/2 at 9AM.

Ryan

So I checked on the schedule for Family Channel on December 4th, they seem to have unknown Johnny Test episode at 4pm, i'm assuming it's Season 5 because it has a Christmas episode. Well let's see if i'm right in a few days.

Ryan

So on December 7th, Family Channel is about to air Lego Marvel Super Heroes - Guardians of the Galaxy: The Thanos Threat at 3pm.

And the Lego Black Panther special at 3:30pm.

Wasn't that aired on Disney XD in Canada?

Ryan

The CBC holiday schedule for this year is up!

lJdXPqi.jpg

Also the DHX Televisions holiday lineup for this year too.

Seems that CBC is airing the 2000 live-action How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie and Shrek the Halls for the first time. The former was on any Corus channels and the latter aired on CTV. This might be the only channel nowadays to see the Dreamworks Classics specials like Frosty, Rudolph, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

Ryan

Kubo and the Two Strings will premiere on Family Channel on December 14th at 7pm.

Seems that YTV doesn't have the rights to the first two Lakia movies, Coraline and ParaNorman anymore. Since CBC had the rights to the latter now.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts