C&C - My Hero Academia - "The Unforgiven" [9/4]

Nobodyman

9pRVtWz.png
FfoZcwO.png

Opening Theme: "Merry-Go-Round" by Man with a Mission
Ending Theme: "Uso ja nai" by Soshi Sakiyama

1630769384008.png

Previously on My Hero Academia: A week into the work studies, Endeavor gets a call from Fuyumi who suggests bringing the trio home for dinner. The dinner soon gets uncomfortable as the conversation switches from being about Fuyumi's cooking to how Endeavor prevented Todoroki from eating Natsuo's cooking. Natsuo soon gets up and leaves. After dinner, Midoriya and Bakugo overhear Todoroki and Fuyumi talking about everything. Todoroki says he can't forgive Endeavor so easily for what he did to their mother and is unsure of how to feel. Midoriya tells Todoroki he believes he's getting ready to forgive Endeavor, that it’s fine to not be able to forgive him if he wants. Endeavor thinks about what he can do for his family after all this time and wishes that Toya could’ve been there too. A few days earlier during the post-credits, a hooded man is released from prison and walks around a Christmas-decorated bazaar, gleefully smiling when he comes across a television playing Endeavor's victory over High-End.

Tonight: One of Endeavor's biggest fans shows up to settle some unfinished business, and he expects far more than an autograph.

Nobodyman

Previously on MHA: Fun times at the Todoroki house.

Hmm...Metallica anyone?

Well, sounds like this guy's got a good head on his shoulders.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"You like All Might better than me, don't you?"

"A star in the form of a man!"
More like a sun, really.

Nobodyman

Seems Natsu's a bit tied up at the moment.

"I admire him so much I'm going to threaten his son's life!"

animePWNS

1955-2024
Zounds! How often do people use interjections like that these days? Might as well include Egad! Or Gadzooks!

Nobodyman

Sorry crazy man, you're not worthy of being defeated by Endeavor.

"I never meant to neglect you. I mean, I did, but I didn't mean to."

"Well, dad saved my life, so I guess I'll forgive him for the years of abuse."

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"Hey! Take your moment of self-realization to the sidewalk! You're blocking traffic here!"

My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why
I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window
And I can't see at all
And even if I could it'll all be gray
But your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that it's not so bad
It's not so bad

The Artist Formerly Known as Bakugo?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hoo boy, mentally ill person with a quirk that wants to commit suicide by hero.

Might have to rewatch. 7 years, and Ending finds Endeavor pretty quick. Was this a one and done incident- chalk it up to him obsessing about Endeavor all those years- or was he given some intel and the Trigger drug by the MLA/LoV? Seems like a pattern since there was the other one, too.

He saved a bunch of people with Black Whip! :D

Bakugo's got a new codename... but obviously wants to run it by Aizawa first. lol.

I supposing staying away makes sense. She does have to acclimate to the real world again, catching up with her 3 children -- that's already a lot for someone who's been institutionalized for years. Endeavor being there with them right away may just be too much. Time and distance does seem to be the best solution.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
MHA has another emotional episode and it's the season's best. Endeavor Agency arc is probably above the average for MHA arcs as it definitely beat out the provisional license exam arc and joint training arcs. Even if joint training arc put a lot of people off, the show hasn't jumped the shark yet and still carries lots of emotional resonance. I think next episode is a one off interlude before the hyped beyond hype arc. This season still doesn't have a signature fight scene like seasons 1-4 (All Might vs Nomu in season 1, either Midoriya vs Todoroki or the Stain fight in season 2, All Might vs All for One in season 3, and Midoriya vs Overhaul in season 4). Maybe the next arc will have a signature fight.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

Featured Posts