C&C - My Hero Academia - "Off to Endeavor's Agency!" [7/31]

Nobodyman

9pRVtWz.png
FfoZcwO.png

Opening Theme: "Merry-Go-Round" by Man with a Mission
Ending Theme: "Uso ja nai" by Soshi Sakiyama

1627752328322.png

Previously on My Hero Academia:
While Japan deals with the aftermath of the destruction of Deika City 9 days earlier, Midoriya and the other students of Class 1A begin interview training. Visualizing unlocking One For All, Midoriya is able to properly manifest Blackwhip for a second. Meanwhile, All Might begins researching what he can of One For All’s previous holders. As Class 1-A enjoys winter vacation, they also have to figure out what Heroes to go to as the Work Studies Program is returning. With the arrival of Eri, Izuku notices how her horn has gotten bigger, with Eraser Head telling him she’s taken what he told her to heart, to his happiness. Class 1-A, plus Eri, celebrates their first Christmas together. They end with a gift exchange, putting their presents in a pile and each choosing one at random. Izuku gets Ochaco’s gift of sticky cut mocha, and she gets his gift of an All Might keychain; Eri gets Fumikage’s sword. Izuku then thinks about how even though their future is uncertain, he hopes they can all have this much fun next Christmas. Since Midoriya and Bakugo have no one to go to for Work Studies, Todoroki makes an offer to join him at Endeavor's hero agency.

Tonight: Hawks acts strange when he meets Endeavor and his work study students on their way to Endeavor Agency.

Notes: Tonight we get special back-to-back premiere episodes of MHA! Be sure to catch them at 12:00 and 12:30!

Also, new OP and ED!

Nobodyman

Previously on MHA: Merry Christmas to all! Oh yeah, and something about Shigaraki destroying a city.

Hawks, what is going on with you?

And there's our new opening!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
New, more reassuring intro. That we'll only hear part of.

Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays.

"Kandy appel." Can't blame that on Engrish.

And their tears would cause a mudslide, killing dozens.

Nobodyman

Time for some training with the abusive father.

Sheesh. What happened to the days when crazy hobos would just hold up signs?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Nice to see you too.

Bakugo AND Endeavor. This will be fun.

"Something about him's changed."
Not being on fire, for one.

So he's going to play favorites.

Nobodyman

His ass is glass.

Plot twist: Crazy glass man was absolutely right about everything.

Yes, I'm sure that book will go down in history alongside The Communist Manifesto, Mein Kampf, and Art of the Deal.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Yeah, don't worry about any glass shards falling on any innocent bystanders below.

Most marble collectors just build obstacle courses and racetracks and make YouTube videos.

ALSO, THE MOON LANDING WAS FAKE, THERE ARE MICROCHIPS IN VACCINES, AND BIGFOOT AND ELVIS ARE LIVING IN MY BEARD!

Cobra Commander's number two thinks he's Nostradamus.

He used to pass out mini-Bibles on street corners.

I'd skip all the bits on abortion and homosexuality.

One Punch Man has the Hero Association. My Hero Academia...Sidekicks LLC.

How about summarizing for those of us who can't read Japanese?

So in four months...

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ah, not Jeanist.

Starservant, what a kook.

Meta Liberation Army. Ominous. Destro. Super Ominous.

They weren't joking, he does have a big operation.

Phew, he figured it out. Was wondering why they kept the text as kanji and hiragana, but makes sense we follow along with Endeavor's thoughts.

Wait, did the League combine with this Meta Liberation Army?! That could be really bad. Over 100,000?! Afraid to even asks what happens in 4 months... the next assault on hero society? Even more cities get destroyed? Assassinating heroes in a coordinated strike? Jail break? All For One passes his power onto Shigaraki?

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. It was nice that the students could spend New Years with their families. Midoriya being able to interact with his mother was sweet. She'll still worry about his safety of course, but knowing that he is getting stronger will put her mind at ease. The two of them crying together was funny and cute.

Endeavor not being eager to train anyone besides Todoroki was expected. He wanted to use this as a way to reconnect with his son, so having other students to train would get in the way of that for him. All three of them were able to act quickly right when Endeavor went after that criminal though, so they are willing and able to learn from him. The villain's Quirk was rather impressive and even Endeavor recognized that. I wouldn't be surprised if the villain's warning turned out to be accurate.

Hawks showing up was a bit unexpected, but he had a pretty cool and fast entrance. He was obviously much more serious than when he first met Endeavor and that caught his attention as well. Hawks eagerly giving away copies of that book to Midoriya's group was kind of funny though. While we only saw a bit of Endeavor's group of sidekicks, I immediately recognized Lisa Ortiz's voice for Burnin, so that was pretty neat.

Endeavor was able to pick up on Hawks hidden message pretty quickly. He's a double agent and was most likely being watched, so he had to be careful with how he communicated this information. Another big attack in four months with the villains having 100,000 allies is bad news. They've already destroyed one city, so having something worse than that in four months sounds pretty brutal. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Nick News short, from upcoming episode today youtube nickelodeon uploaded

Once again, quoted for the truth.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing The Tiny Chef Show:
Hey, Multiversus: Enough of the freaking villains already. Give us Daffy Duck!
Of all of Cartoon Network's detractors, no one hates Cartoon Network more than Warner Bros Discovery.

Featured Posts