C&C - My Hero Academia - "One Thing at a Time" [8/14]

Nobodyman

9pRVtWz.png
FfoZcwO.png

Opening Theme: "Merry-Go-Round" by Man with a Mission
Ending Theme: "Uso ja nai" by Soshi Sakiyama

Deku-Bakugo-Todoroki.png

Previously on My Hero Academia: A few weeks earlier, Hawks is given another chance by Dabi to join the League of Villains and visits Best Jeanist to check on his recovery, pulling a feather blade on the hero when his back is turned... After celebrating new years with his mother, Midoriya heads off to begin his work studies. Endeavor meets his new interns in the city and has to cut the talk short to stop an attempted attack by a doomsday theory-spouting glass-manipulating villain named Starservant. After helping to defeat Starservant and his minions, Hawks strangely hands out Destro's "Meta Liberation War" and recommends the book’s highlighted passages to Endeavor. Noticing the way Hawks is acting, Endeavor immediately realizes something is wrong. While the interns are welcomed to Endeavor’s agency by his sidekicks, the Hero returns to his office and studies Destro's book. Endeavor connects specific letters in the highlighted sections together as a secret message from Hawks. In four months, the Meta Liberation Army will attack Japan.

Tonight: As the villains continue to move behind the scenes, Endeavor helps his work study students with the next steps in their training.

Notes: Just a reminder that My Hero Academia airs at 1:00 AM tonight. Remember to catch it then!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Endeavor takes out QAnon.

So the League of Villains is investing in fake news.

Such a reassuring opening song.

Nobodyman

Previously on MHA: "Here, have a copy of this incredibly harmful book that our enemies published."

Hey, it's the villains!

Hello Neon Hair Girl.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
You are not allowed on this elevator.

"In case...of failure..."
Break...glass.

There's no problem we can't throw inexperienced high school kids at!

Nobodyman

Here's some clips from the training the other students are doing, which we just don't have time to show.

God, my cable box is just not cooperating with me tonight.

Return of chatterbox Deku.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Give me your life stories.

You're rambling again.

All right, I didn't ask for your life story.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
A man's got to know his limitations.

You beat me, that means you love me.

Together we can rule the hero business as father and son.

I'm not training under you because I like you or anything.

Nobodyman

Yes Bakugo, we know you have an inferiority complex. Moving on.

Yes Shoto, we know you have daddy issues. Moving on.

Parallel processing. It's kind of like parallel parking.

"That'll teach you to drive two miles over the speed limit!"

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"In UA, it's hard work. In here, it's experience."
It's also who you know.

And he runs face first into a concrete wall.

Meanwhile the driver of that bus has a broken leg from the scrunched up chassis.

Nobodyman

"In short, you need to learn how to multi-task."

Episode title at the end of episode? What bizarro world is this?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Four months for Shigaraki and he'll wipe out Japan?! I bet All For One's people are going to somehow integrate his quirk into Shigaraki and even further ring home the generational conflict between the All For One and One For All quirks.

Ah, so more manpower by having the internships resume so the top heroes can train the students and level them up even faster than school can. Idk if that's going to be enough even with the other academies included. Plus, Hawks indicates there are traitors among the heroes. I wonder if we'll finally get to see heroes from outside Japan being brought into the mix to help take down this Liberation group.

You understood him? :D :D :D

Very fascinating to see how Endeavor mastered his ability and became a pro vs. how All Might was teaching this whole series so far. Kinda going with the naturally talented prodigy vs. the prodigy that got that way by studying hard and obsessively.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Destroying all of Japan in just four months sounds really intense and brutal. The villains have already destroyed one city, so having that kind of destruction on a wide scale would be really dangerous to say the least. It does seem kind of messed up to use the Hero Work Study programs as a way to train the students to prepare for a potential war that they aren't even aware of. They are being trained to be heroes and they all know full well how that is putting their own lives in danger, but at the same time, they're still kids and aren't even made aware of what they're being trained for.

At the same time, they are in a tight spot. We already saw one hero working with the villains and there could be countless more siding with them, so with few exceptions, they don't know who they can trust. Hawks obviously isn't free to provide this information either since he's being watched all the time practically. Using the students as extra man power would also fit with how they mentioned earlier that there were fewer pro heroes on the field too.

Midoriya going on all about his Quirk was played for comedic relief, but to Endeavor's credit, he understood what he meant and didn't insult him, which is kind of impressive given his attitude in the past. Bakugo being his cocky self was pretty fitting. He still needs to cut that ego down to size at least. Todoroki making it clear why he was here was pretty satisfying. I almost actually felt bad for Endeavor, but I think that the close up on his eyes during Todoroki's speech got to me. His desire to change and to reconnect with his children might be genuine, but I also think that he expects it to be a smoother process than it has any right to be. It's going to take a lot more time before I think Todoroki really warms up to his father, assuming that it does happen, because of those years of physical and emotional abuse.

Now that Endeavor isn't obsessed with surpassing All Might or abusing his family, he turned out to be a surprisingly effective teacher. He was calm with his lessons, pointed out what everyone needed to do in order to improve and made some good points. Bakugo can't just rely on the cold weather excuse in the heat of battle and they all need to improve their speed in order to be more effective at catching villains. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Despite the tepid reception, I actually enjoyed seeing Argylle in the cinema.
Shania Twain > Taylor Swift. That is all.
I wish the internet would quit pushing sites like Temu and Shein onto me. I can't stand them, for numerous reasons.
I almost forgot to mention, but I'm doing another Media Brackets competition

X-Men '97 is good so far, but don't forget that angst does not automatically equal depth. Just adding swears and piling on cheap tragedies doesn't instantly make your work deep or mature.

Featured Posts