Animaniacs Complete Series DVD Set Coming October 2

ToonJay723

Staff member
Cool, and this set is cheaper too. I believe the last time I looked the previous one was over $110, so this is a good deal.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
$70? Too rich for my blood. This is all previously released material, correct? That means it should be affordably priced to give people who couldn't afford the sets a good shot at it. I honestly don't think WHV understands how rereleases of classic series should work.

If push comes to shove, I can afford expensive sets if I save up a little. But if they're expensive, they need to be giving me my money's worth like Batman 66 and Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery And The Missing Pieces did. Even the recent Mill's Creek Quantum Leap Blu-Rays restored most of the music. I don't see any extra incentive to buy these anytime soon.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Well lesse. I perhaps should've seen this coming. I'd bought S1 (as a re-release I think via groovy-like slip-cover), in June. Guess... that along with other 'extras' can just be sold wherever for store credit or something. Funny too at the Wal-Mart I bought it at, just tonight being there, among numerous re-releases, it was the only one of like 16 to not be currently in stock.

I think I paid something near $20 for Volume 1. Even WB's shop has it for roughly that much (and Wakko's Wish alone too, yikes!) So, I think I'd be better off just getting the complete series release which includes the movie. Better then spending around 80-100$ more individually.

Also, I find it odd it's "The Complete Series" given what 2020 brings. ;) Won't deter me from pursuing it anyway.

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
The price might not be that good but I hope the high definition can match with it because it wouldn't be worth the money. Off the bat, the content is already worth it.

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
This is a DVD set, not a Blu-Ray. They are asking for a mint for previously released material.
I know it's not a Blu-ray, but the standard definition looks a bit tired out from the previous DVD releases.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts