“The Casagrandes” News & Discussion Thread

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I find it interesting that Nick is kind of treating the Casagrandes batch of Loud House episodes as a subtle lead-in to the spinoff. Makes for a pretty effective promotion.

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
I honestly believe the show will be pointless. I mean, I have nothing against Ronnie Ann's family or Latin Americans, but having a whole show based on the exact same concept that made Loud House popular seems, as I said, pointless, and makes it seem like a ripoff. The episodes they're featured in (my personal favorite being "The Spies who Loved me") and will be so, are enough for me.

Who knows, maybe the writers will introduce stories that can best be told in The Casagrandes.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I think there's potential with the show. Look below the surface. Both shows are about large families, but have things that make them different even if you only hear about both shows.

The Loud House has the premise of a boy in a family of 10 girls of varying ages, with everyone directly related. This series has the premise of a girl in a family composed of people of different generations (cousins, parents, grandparents, and so forth), making a clear distinction from The Loud House. There may be some similar character archetypes, but also differences . Carlotta for example, is fashion savvy and big into culture like Leni, but the latter, even after her developmeny , is still pretty dumb, as opposed to the former being more generally aware of the world around her.

The Loud House takes place in a suburban neighborhood while this show takes place in the big city. New locations means different ideas for stories, or at least different takes on the same old stories. For the former, there's the premise for Friended involving trying to get an apartment that could be taken, something that can't be done in The Loud House since they own the house, and its not in danger of being taken away. For the latter , take the 3 April Fools episodes from The Loud House and compare them to the Casagrandes pranking episode. The former 3 rely heavily on making the characters as miserable as possible as the main source of comedy. In the latter, its treated as more as a catalyst, but not the main action, and it still emphasises the dynamic between Carlotta and Ronnie Anne. Back to the former, stuff like Ronnie Anne's father not being around gives the show an interesting angle to acknowledge the idea of separated parents, unlike The Loud House.

The cultural aspect also helps give this series a distinct feel, focusing on a Latino family, yet there's still neighbors like Sid Chang's family (a Caucasian girl with an Asian background) or the various tenants in the building.

There's also the matter of the comedy . Early Loud House episodes relied heavily on kafka comedy, which involves comedy mainly coming from the suffering the others, as well as the emphasis on toilet humor. It's not completely gone, but later episodes do show comedy that's more subversive and witty. If these episodes are any indication, the show would start with having a subversive comedic style, but any kafka comedy would not be the main source of humor. Let me compare "Green House" to "Power Play", which focus on trying to conserve power and be more environmentally friendly . In the former, almost everyone belittles or picks on Lincoln for supposedly not showing he cares for saving endangered polar bears even though he's being forced to do so. In the latter, there's more genuinely good intentions in trying to help the grandparents raise money for a special trip, and most of what does go wrong is either due to lack of foresight or trying to figure out why things keep going wrong and yet messing up.

Let me compare Lincoln and Ronnie Anne, and show how they're distinct as characters. Lincoln is, in his own words, "the man with the plan", hence why he tends to act cool and laid back, very rarely panicking, though he is prone to being sensitive when pushed enough. While Ronnie Anne has mellowed out into a nicer person, she's still stubborn, snarky, tomboyish, and not afraid to express her feelings. The whole series can be about her being more willing to open to others.

Similarities are bound to come up for shows with the same creative crew, but the differences are enough to make this distinct.

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
That's the point. Episodes like the ones you and I mentioned (and others like "City Slickers") do show that there are enough subtles differences between the two families for there to be stand-alone episodes with Ronnie Ann's, but for me, not enough to warrant a show. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. :)

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I don't like The Loud House, so I don't have high hopes for this, but I'll give it a chance.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Here's an excerpt that someone found showing some tidbits about the series. I'm also predicting the show will premiere on October 14 because most kids are off from school on Columbus Day, though we'll see.

There's also this.

Last edited:

Austin'sStuff

Hopefully The Loud House joins the Saturday time slot with the Casagrandes instead of only airing new episodes on special occasions or in bomb formats. They did that for a while for a few months last year with "Nick's New Friday Night" before turning back to the bomb format.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm thinking about leaving animesuperhero forums in the future. I don't know if I want to continue posting much if nobody else is interested.
Also another thing is I have lot of stuff to do and too busy.
Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.

Featured Posts