DC Characters that deserve their own movie

khuddle

I think most fans are pretty tired of DC Animation constantly churning out Batman movies (with the occasional Superman, WW, Green Lantern and Justice League movie thrown in).

So what DC characters do you believe deserve their own movies? Re-watching Justice League: The Animated series this past weekend, three heroes came to mind:

1. The Huntress: sexy, mysterious, and fiercely independent, the Huntress obsessively hunts down villains and criminals like her male counterpart Batman; yet she is greener than Batman, and not nearly as polished. Which makes her interesting.

2. Jonah Hex: Jonah has no discernable powers, a grotesquely disfigured face, and yet that never stopped him. He fearlessly pursues villains and wrongdoers just as fearlessly as he pursues women and his next glass of beer. His guts and determination make him fascinating.

3. Orion: Son of Darkseid, Orion was born innately evil. Yet by sheer force of will, he has molded himself into an agent of good, serving Highfather and the Gods of New Genesis. Yet he constantly has to struggle with the darkness within.

Those are mine, what are yours?

EmaHalJordan

Green Lantern should have a new animated movie, maybe Blackest Night!

Atom I would love to, and if not it can have a movie of its own that at least is a Justice League movie centered on Ray Palmer!

Hawkman, hopefully the Justice Society movie helps to have a movie of our own where we can see Shayera too!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm down for a Captain Marvel/Shazam solo movie. There's so much to draw from, shows like The Brave and The Bold and Justice League Action just breached the surface with the Monster Society of Evil. And totally got sidelined in the canon DCU DTVs. He needs some more spotlight.

the greenman

I'm down for a Captain Marvel/Shazam solo movie. There's so much to draw from, shows like The Brave and The Bold and Justice League Action just breached the surface with the Monster Society of Evil. And totally got sidelined in the canon DCU DTVs. He needs some more spotlight.
He deserves his own animated series.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

-batmat-

What you mean the animated short? Yeah, but I still think it would be cool to see him a full length feature.
I was talking about the live action full lenght movie. For a second my brain farted and forgot this was all about animation!

I'm down for more Green Lantern. Loved the 2 movies and the animated series. Feels like there's an endless pool of possibilities for that character.

I'd love a return to Batman Beyond , in some way.

Other than that, I don't know the DC lore beyond what we've seen in animation, so I'm not sure what could work for a movie, but as long as its good, I'm in!

hobbyfan

I've had this vision of a Wonder Twins DTV in which Zan & Jayna are now adults, and are being called back to Exor to help fight off an invasion. The idea was to have Donny & Marie Osmond (upon whom the twins were modeled in the first place) doing the voices. Unfortunately, that vision was 22 years ago.

Today, an adaptation of Mark Russell's righteous limited series would be nice. Casting is a question right now.

Otaku-sempai

It's been a while since I've seen a thread like this, but I don't think my answers have changed much.
  • Kingdom Come. If not as a movie then maybe a 4-part OAV series. Okay, not a solo movie, but lots of obscure and legacy characters.
  • 'Mazing Man. For young adults and up.
  • Mike Grell's The Warlord. Too bad it's too late to have it star Doug McClure (I kid!).
  • The Blue and the Gold. Ted Kord's Blue Beetle and Booster Gold. 'Nuff said!
  • Captain Carrot (and the Zoo Crew). Because why the heck not?

Last edited:

ShadowStar

The Phantom Stranger, Doctor Fate and Captain Marvel (I prefer not to call him Shazam) immediately come to mind. Has Nightwing had his own movie that hasn't involved the Bat Family and/or the Teen Titans? Because if not, then I'd be interested in that as well. As others have noted, Flash and the Question could do with their own films, though I'm not entirely sold on the latter because I can't quite see it working (I'm too accustomed to seeing Question participate in ensemble stories). Huntress... perhaps, but only if there's more to her than what we saw in Justice League Unlimited. I was perfectly satisfied with her character and role in that show ("Double Date" is one of my all-time favourite DCAU episodes) and so I would want to see some worthwhile additional character development in order to justify bringing her back.

khuddle

In addition to the ones I mentioned I would also add Booster Gold, but this character has to be handled carefully. I found him to be hilarious in the original JL animated series, but I found him to be super annoying in Justice League Action. Again, a character that needs to be handled carfeully. In the right hands he can be a delight.

the greenman

The Phantom Stranger, Doctor Fate and Captain Marvel (I prefer not to call him Shazam) immediately come to mind. Has Nightwing had his own movie that hasn't involved the Bat Family and/or the Teen Titans? Because if not, then I'd be interested in that as well. As others have noted, Flash and the Question could do with their own films, though I'm not entirely sold on the latter because I can't quite see it working (I'm too accustomed to seeing Question participate in ensemble stories). Huntress... perhaps, but only if there's more to her than what we saw in Justice League Unlimited. I was perfectly satisfied with her character and role in that show ("Double Date" is one of my all-time favourite DCAU episodes) and so I would want to see some worthwhile additional character development in order to justify bringing her back.
I always have a Question movie in mind similar to Suicide Squad. Where it starts out a regular high crimes mystery or conspiracy and turns into something much much bigger. Kinda like Kolchak the Night Stalker. I do not exactly mean he ends up fighting a Kaiju, but then why not?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I always have a Question movie in mind similar to Suicide Squad. Where it starts out a regular high crimes mystery or conspiracy and turns into something much much bigger. Kinda like Kolchak the Night Stalker. I do not exactly mean he ends up fighting a Kaiju, but then why not?
Take my money, I'd buy that! I still watch the movies and TV show on occasion. Like he ends up fighting a name vampire or monster or alien from DC comics like in Kolchak?

hobbyfan

To date, Nightwing has not had a solo movie.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts