"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 35 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

No news yet on a season 5.
Is this a bad sign? Usually this late into a season being almost over and no news on the next one, makes it seem unlikely due to how much production has to get started right away in scripts/animations ahead of time.

I think HBO Max was expecting Young Justice to be a bigger hit because of the huge fan demand after Season 2, but after two seasons it feels like most of the original fanbase either lost interest or didn't even stick around for it.

ShadowStar

That would make Mary 22 years-old. I sure didn't get the impression she was that old in Zatanna's arc.
No, she would be 20 (or perhaps still 19), because season 4 takes place in 2020.

I think you're mixing her up with Khalid Nassour, who was born in 1998 and would therefore be 22 in season 4.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The closest example is Harley Quinn season 2. Streamed its season finale on HBO Max on June 26, 2020. HBO Max renews it for a third season on September 16, 2020. Publicly announced on September 18. That's the time frame we could be looking at for renewal news for YJ. How the Discovery merger affects this process of deciding on renewal or not, idk.

EDIT: 2 colored pages from Targets #1 shown during #YJParty, here and here.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
EDIT: 2 colored pages from Targets #1 shown during #YJParty, here and here.
finally showing off more of that great Cassie costume :).

And some political intrigue with Brion...and of course the Bad Samartin is right there :ack:.

Oh, and to make up for how little Green Arrow has been in this season so far, here he gets a cool action sequence ;).

Shouldn't Artemis be in-costume for this? Or, like, Oracle's face obscured? Like I get the Light knows everybody's identities at this point but it feels off :confused:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
And two more pages, here and here.
Gar reflecting on his relationship with Perdita...in potentially different contexts depending on when it all happens o_O.

Oh hey, Dick, Cass, and Steph! Finally interacting with his Family...and of course Tim's not there :p.

Mist sporting those tactical bodysuits most new heroes wear at this point...

Cyborg! Man, he sure stepped up in season 3 only to get reduced to cameo status. Same with Black Lightning :sweat:.
The OG's are ready to do...something :cool:.
I'm assuming the Dr. Fate in that page is Traci, right? I think the ponytail gives it away.
I'm curious to see if there'll be more fallout for the Fate host switching other than "spot who Dr. Fate is this week" :rolleyes2:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Okay, so "Rescue and Search" references the rescue of Conner and search for Bart. Any guesses what "Ego and Superego" will reference? Ego is basically looking at the reality of it and superego looks at the morality of it. Maybe the Team debates their chances for finding Conner vs. the risk of letting Dru-Zod and/or any of his followers loose?

ShadowStar

Since “Ego and Superego” directly references Freudian teachings, I think we’re going to see some Garfield Logan mental health stuff in this episode.

I also think that the title refers to Superboy’s persona. His Cadmus programmed-self might be threatened by Phantom Girl — whatever she has to say to him might restore the Conner we all know. Or maybe the Zods will hold sway over over him. I do think that we’re going to see a battle for Conner’s soul.

Frontier

Staff member
Guess we're far from a Flying Grayson comeback o_O.
How modern for Black Spider :p.

I wonder if The Rogues are a thing in this...actually kind of weird that Boomerang would debut before Barry or Captain Cold, but maybe that's because he started out as a mascot like in the comics and didn't become a criminal until later :confused:?

I honestly forgot Atomic Skull was on this show :sweat:.

Teth-Adam...well, that's a given :rolleyes2:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess it's a question of how long Adam was champion before he went rogue :confused:.
5/16: Today's reply simply is he became Black Adam at age 34.

And of course since he wasn't asked, Greg Weisman isn't gonna specify which, lol.

5/18: Logline for "Ego and Superego" is up on TV Passport's site.
Nightwing and the gang refurbish a bus and hit the road.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts