"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 18 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

suss2it

you suppose the chances are of Wonder girl falling for Superboy? Or Better Yet, Superboy getting his full powers?...Or what powers he had before the New 52 reboot
The powers he had before and after the New 52 are the same. Tactile telekinesis.

I just don't see Wonder Girl and Superboy. WG is simply not mature enough for this Superboy. I would lay better odds on Tim and Cassie or Reyes and Cassie then Connor and Cassie going anywhere.
Agreed. He's one of the seniors who has the option to graduate to the Justice League, whereas she's just a freshmen and new to the hero game. But then again, maybe Superboy could use someone energetic, fun and not mind invasiony to balance him out. I also wouldn't mind seeing Tim and Cassie start something. Didn't the two have something going on in the comics when Superboy died?

Gold Starz

"Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
I'm not going to refute the possibly of this being a fake without looking into it a lot more, but it does look REALLY good. If it is a fake, someone went to a lot of effort and I mean A LOT of effort.
Have you sen the guy who is making the EVERY New 52 redesign (and character) in YJ 's style?

spartanx54

Skaddix said:
I just don't see Wonder Girl and Superboy. WG is simply not mature enough for this Superboy. I would lay better odds on Tim and Cassie or Reyes and Cassie then Connor and Cassie going anywhere.

Yeah I'm starting to see the Cassie/Kon ship isn't happening. They haven't even interacted yet. Cassie is kind've corky and energetic..and Conner is the complete opposite...he is brooding and mature. Like you said TimxCassie is always a possibility. But it leaves the question who will Conner hook up with? Maybe he and Miss Martian go out again...but I honestly don't see that happening.

Skaddix

Yeah I'm starting to see the Cassie/Kon ship isn't happening. They haven't even interacted yet. Cassie is kind've corky and energetic..and Conner is the complete opposite...he is brooding and mature. Like you said TimxCassie is always a possibility. But it leaves the question who will Conner hook up with? Maybe he and Miss Martian go out again...but I honestly don't see that happening.

Well he can go back to Miss Martian but I expect him to fly solo for most of the season. I am not sure he needs anymore more romance. Although at this point they would probably need to bring in someone new but I this team already has a lot of characters so might need to see some roster cuts first. Sure Lagoon boy down but Real Roy and Impulse are here. I could go for a girl based Loved triangle with Cassie at the center and Tim and Jaime competeting.

Although, I wonder if Spitfire will make it. I mean there seems to be a lot of stress and I could definetly see Artemis and Aqualad hooking up under pressure.

spartanx54

Skaddix said:
Well he can go back to Miss Martian but I expect him to fly solo for most of the season. I am not sure he needs anymore more romance. Although at this point they would probably need to bring in someone new but I this team already has a lot of characters so might need to see some roster cuts first. Sure Lagoon boy down but Real Roy and Impulse are here. I could go for a girl based Loved triangle with Cassie at the center and Tim and Jaime competeting.

Although, I wonder if Spitfire will make it. I mean there seems to be a lot of stress and I could definetly see Artemis and Aqualad hooking up under pressure.

I personally think Spitfire will be here relationship that sticks in the long run. But Artemis and Kaldur developing feelings for each other while undercover I kinda don't see happening, but it's certainly possible. And who knows when Linda Park will show up..

Skaddix

I personally think Spitfire will be here relationship that sticks in the long run. But Artemis and Kaldur developing feelings for each other while undercover I kinda don't see happening, but it's certainly possible. And who knows when Linda Park will show up..

Lot of Possibilities.

RoryWilliams

I saw someone say a possibility is that Artemis is posing as Linda Park but that doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. I can't see it happening. But I do have a feeling they are gonna end Spitfire somehow around the time he ends up becoming the Flash.

Nygma

But I do have a feeling they are gonna end Spitfire somehow around the time he ends up becoming the Flash.

I don't see it happening. Especially since their biggest dilemma right now is "the life". If he goes back to that as Flash, it wouldn't make much sense for them to break up, or at least not get back together.

Personally I'd prefer him being with Artemis, since she's a more interesting character than Linda Park. And Wally's significant other being in the superhero business makes Wally's relationship less of a carbon copy of Barry-Iris, like in the comics.

Also I'm not really keen on something between Kaldur-Artemis, not because I'm against a road block of any kind for Spitfire. But because I don't think this show needs another love triangle to go along with Lagoon Boy/Miss Martian/Superboy.

Skaddix

I don't see it happening. Especially since their biggest dilemma right now is "the life". If he goes back to that as Flash, it wouldn't make much sense for them to break up, or at least not get back together.

Personally I'd prefer him being with Artemis, since she's a more interesting character than Linda Park. And Wally's significant other being in the superhero business makes Wally's relationship less of a carbon copy of Barry-Iris, like in the comics.

I can see him coming back for this Invasion. But really short of Barry dying if he is not going to come back when the league is down by a third and he knows about an alien invasion and the light is still loose. Its hard to imagine what worse conditions would prompt a return.

RoryWilliams

By the end I don't think that's gonna matter. I have a feeling this undercover thing won't end well for the parties involved at all. But that may just be wishful thinking because I find the ship kinda boring. The writers have been pretty weak with characters once they got past the initial flirting stages, barring some big relationship drama along the way.

Nygma

I have a feeling this undercover thing won't end well for the parties involved at all. But that may just be wishful thinking because I find the ship kinda boring. The writers have been pretty weak with characters once they got past the initial flirting stages, barring some big relationship drama along the way.

What makes you think its going to be any different for you if it's Wally/Linda or anyone else then? Personally I don't find them boring, I think they're more interesting than Supermartian was at all their stages in that relationship. Probably because I always thought that relationship felt a little superficial for my liking.

RoryWilliams

What makes you think its going to be any different for you if it's Wally/Linda or anyone else then?

Because while I like Linda Park, I don't really mind her being in that sort of boring ship because she was created and served as a love interest from the very beginning. With Artemis I feel there's far more interesting stuff you could go with, and honestly, I never felt they developed their relationship very well to begin with. I never got a clear indication of what they got out of each other's company other than the really tired "opposites attract" trope. So far Artemis leaving to go undercover is the first interesting thing that's been done with the characters since the finale.

Skaddix

Because while I like Linda Park, I don't really mind her being in that sort of boring ship because she was created and served as a love interest from the very beginning. With Artemis I feel there's far more interesting stuff you could go with, and honestly, I never felt they developed their relationship very well to begin with. I never got a clear indication of what they got out of each other's company other than the really tired "opposites attract" trope. So far Artemis leaving to go undercover is the first interesting thing that's been done with the characters since the finale.

True also the non powered or non hero love interest is kinda there to ground the hero. So Linda is a good fit if Flash really wants to be normal or at least does not want to worry about his gf in the field.

Yeah, I gotta agree all there is opposites attract which I will take over Miss Martian liking Superboy because he is hot and looked liked a tv show character. Although, not unusual for teens. Still main problem with Supermartian was their insane amount of screen time compared to their fellows. Honestly, a good deal of Season 1 felt like Superboy and Miss Martian Show not a real team show.

Still, I have to agree never saw any common ground between them. I mean really family life is totally different. Superboy and Miss Martian are aliens at least. So I am fine with shakeups on the romance front as long as it does not take too much screen time.

Nygma

Because while I like Linda Park, I don't really mind her being in that sort of boring ship because she was created and served as a love interest from the very beginning.

Your only reason for liking that, is because its the status quo? Personally I felt Linda had too many things in common with Iris West, that it kind of hurt that character and relationship IMO.

I never got a clear indication of what they got out of each other's company other than the really tired "opposites attract" trope.

How about the fact that Wally's as far removed from her family as you can get while still being a hero. His innocence is what attracted her to him. While Artemis may put up a tough front, she still has a playful adventurous side that we've seen in the comics and in Insecurity. Also Artemis has shown that she's capable of caring about Wally on an unconditional level in Revelation. I and many other people totally get what they would see in each other.

So far Artemis leaving to go undercover is the first interesting thing that's been done with the characters since the finale.

Dude it's only her second episode back, impatient are we? :shrug:

True also the non powered or non hero love interest is kinda there to ground the hero. So Linda is a good fit if Flash really wants to be normal or at least does not want to worry about his gf in the field.

Never mind if it's too much like his uncle's relationship with his aunt was. :p

RoryWilliams

Your only reason for liking that, is because its the status quo? Personally I felt Linda had too many things in common with Iris West, that it kind of hurt that character and relationship IMO.

Iris has had speaking roles in maybe two episodes and the adults don't appear all that frequently anyway, so meh. Wouldn't mind.

Marvelman02

I think Connor would probably dismiss Cassie as a kid - NOW. But, we are due for another time jump in season 3, assuming there is a season 3.

Nygma

Iris has had speaking roles in maybe two episodes and the adults don't appear all that frequently anyway, so meh. Wouldn't mind.

Again how would Linda be any different than Iris's relationship with Barry? Quality is the key, not quantity. We don't need two relationships that are alike. The only thing that would define her is her relationship with Wally. With Artemis, there's MUCH MORE than that.

RoryWilliams

Again how would Linda be any different than Iris's relationship with Barry? Quality is the key, not quantity.

Yeah, and like I said, it's not an issue because the show doesn't focus on Iris or Barry and their relationship.

With Artemis, there's MUCH MORE than that

You've hit the nail on the head as to why I'm not interested in Spitfire!:D There's much more to do with her character outside of shipping and I'm glad she's getting her undercover arc without any Wally stuff for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My reaction that TeenNick is airing The Tiny Chef Show:
Hey, Multiversus: Enough of the freaking villains already. Give us Daffy Duck!
Of all of Cartoon Network's detractors, no one hates Cartoon Network more than Warner Bros Discovery.
Does anyone else think that Doug Walker has just been phoning it in with the Nostalgia Critic episodes lately? Maybe he doesn't need to be doing a new episode of NC every week anymore. I think that Doug should cut NC down to just 1 episode per month or something similar.
Action! wrote on Dr.Pepper's profile.
Congrats on being promoted!

Featured Posts