Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
The world has enough Superheroes.

venommovie.jpg

Venom
Release Date: October 5, 2018 (October 4 advance screenings)
Studio: Sony Pictures, Columbia Pictures, Marvel Entertainment
Directors: Ruben Fleischer
MPAA Rating: PG -13 (for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for language)
Screenwriters: Scott Rosenberg, Jeff Pinker, Kelly Marcel, Will Beall
Starring: Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed
Runtime: 112 minutes

Plot Summary: When Eddie Brock acquires the powers of a symbiote, he will have to release his alter-ego "Venom" to save his life.

Discuss Venom right here!

Related Discussion:
-Venom News & Discussion
-Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters Movie News & Discussion

Attachments

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
I guess I'm the first one here to see the film, eh?

So...this film's reception has been interesting, in that critics hate the movie, but many people in the general audience seem to actually enjoy it. Which group is correct?

Well. I see both sides of the equation. From a critical standpoint, it just isn't a very good or polished movie, especially compared to many modern CBMs. Tom Hardy gives such an animated performance that it's tempting to say he's overacting, but I liked him. But in comparison, everyone else here is underacting, creating a weird divide.

The script is full of clunky dialogue (fortunately, the "You work for an evil person" line was left on the cutting room floor), the first half of the film is almost boring, and the final fight is every anti-CGI person's worst nightmare. There are also a few silly scenes that might remind one of a certain scene from Transformers 2. Oh, and Sony once again has the final scene in the trailer.

And yet, I didn't hate it. Frankly, anyone saying that this film is Catwoman level are exaggerating. I've never seen them, but I suppose this film might be like the Sharknado films? Stupid, but fun if you accept it on that level?

The best part of the film is the chemistry and interactions between Eddie and Venom - which, unfortunately, doesn't happen until about halfway through the film, but still. All the genuine laughs in the film come from this odd bromance.

To sum it up, it definitely feels like an early 2000s CBM. It isn't particularly good, and the bets stuff in the film doesn't come in until the halfway mark. Still, it can be an entertaining film with the right mindset.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Here's what the Blu-ray special features are.
Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom-fan may have missed!

Deleted & Extended Scenes: These deleted and extended scenes will give fans even more of the Venom action they loved in theaters!
Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.

From Symbiote to Screen: A mini documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.

The Lethal Protector in Action: Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the awesome Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.

Venom Vision: A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.

Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.

Symbiote Secrets: Blink and you may have missed it! Enjoy the hidden references throughout the film.

Eight Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences: See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight chorography compared to the finished film.

“Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
“Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek: Meanwhile in another universe…

Spider-Man

Jan 7, 2002
I finally watched Venom over the holidays and while I enjoyed watching the movie it certainly isn’t a good movie by any stretch of the imagination. The special effects were shockingly weak and the story really didn’t work. But the movie is just so bad that it becomes good and that is mostly because of Tom Hardy’s go-for-broke gonzo performance. The only thing that really worked in this movie was Hardy and Brock’s relationship with Venom. I thought that was handled well and I like the take on it. I just wish that was part of a better movie with better special effects. I can see why this movie did so well though as Venom is really popular with teens and younger kids and this is a relatively harmless movie to take them to. At least the movie is pretty short and wraps up earlier than it feels it should. I do wish this movie was done more like ‘Upgrade’ though. And Woody Harrelson as Carnage? Really?

Spotlight

Latest profile posts

The Aladdin remake is one of few films that I am actively hoping underperforms. The more we can convince Disney to stop giving animation the finger with these remakes, the better.
I can't believe Russell fricking died.
My tv provider has come to an agreement with Disney.
All channels of Disney (including FOX)
Are going to stay next month.
:)
remember when toon disney aired live action outside of jetix
Rupavahini is airing SeaQuest yet with a local theme song despite the series airing with Sinhala subtitles.