''Urkel Saves Santa: The Movie'' Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

Vuxovich

I am so glad because the Family Matters franchise gets its first animated project. It's titled Did I Do That to the Holidays?: A Steve Urkel Story and it's gonna be an exciting Christmas story. Currently, as of this writing, Apple TV+, Hulu and Netflix are interested in the first Family Matters animated project. I am so excited. You?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Pretty sure it was one of those things that's looking for a new distributor. I don't think it's found one yet. But it hasn't been canceled. Yet.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Urkel Saves Santa: The Movie! is rated PG for "some rude humor". Might have changed its title but I imagine there are plans for it to be released if a rating is out.

Okay. Thread title changed.

Pretty sure it was one of those things that's looking for a new distributor. I don't think it's found one yet. But it hasn't been canceled. Yet.

The link in the above post says WB is still the distributor, so I suppose this project survived Zaslav's wrath unscathed.

Zorak Masaki

I wonder if the rest of the Family Matters characters will be in this special, and if so, will they be voiced by the original actors (I would love to see Waldo show up).

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
The trailer was uploaded exclusively to iTunes, but someone decided to save us the trouble by recording their screen and uploading it to YouTube.

EDIT: Deleted. Darn.

Last edited:

Eldorado

Just like in Scooby-Doo and Guess Who, Steve Urkel's voice is just not the same past puberty. But, at least Jaleel White can still do the cadences.

As for the character, Urkel's still Urkel! A well-meaning, intelligent, and almost saintly but nerdy weapon of mass destruction that we all know and love! I also noticed Dana Snyder playing the voice of that short old guy in the trailer. Also, if you can remember, the "Urkel Saves Santa" font is exactly the same as Family Matters'.

Zorak Masaki

I guess we're not getting the original Family Matters cast members (save for Urkel) to be in this.

Pooky

Staff member
I like that there seems to be an appropriate slight 90s vibe to the character designs; it's kind of filtered through the standard post-Family Guy aesthetic, but that's to be expected.

Urkelmania totally bypassed the UK incidentally; I remember having no idea who Homer was talking about in the "like Urkel!" joke from The Springfield Files. Hangin' With Mr Cooper was more of a thing here. Heck, Smart Guy was more of a thing here!

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Missed opportunity: Warner Discovery should have premiered this on ACME Night sometime in December and then stream it on Max the following day.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.

Featured Posts