TALKBACK - Infinity Train - "The Grid Car" [7/20 (Online) 8/5 (TV)] *SERIES PREMIERE*

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
infinity-train-poster.jpg

Episode 1
Infinitytrain_showpicker_72x72_0.png

Online July 20

The Grid Car
SATURDAY 7/20 (Online)
MONDAY 8/5 at 7:30 PM (TV)

This week...
Tulip, a headstrong 13-year-old girl, finds a mysterious train where every car contains its own universe.​

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I watched the entire episode on a YouTube livestream Cartoon Network hosted earlier today and...

Wow. Just... wow. I didn't expect to find out that Tulip's parents were divorced, and the episode to feature an argument between Tulip and her mother over the fact that her father couldn't take her to Osh Kosh!

Also, that mysterious light from the sky that disintegrates other passengers on the infinity train, possibly to their death. Oh boy.

Heck, the creatures Tulip and One-One encountered! Those were creepy-looking!

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Well I watched the first episode and it was a bit rushed, now I don't know if I need to watch the first five episodes in one sitting but it does feel like it was building up to something. However just because I felt it was a bit rushed I still think its a good 1st episode, we get to learn a lot about Tulip and the potential of the Infinity Train, sometimes its fun and games other times cricket coyotes. Also the backgrounds look great.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
That was actually pretty good start of the show. It answers all my questions that I was curious to know back when I watched the pilot, and I must say I'm impressed of how it started. Looking foward for the second episode. 8/10

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
This episode feels like it would benefit more from a 22-minute runtime, but regardless, it's still a good start. Oh wow, AwestruckVox was actually right about Tulip's parents being divorced! That explains why her character was cranky here and in the pilot. It must be a lot of stress she's facing what with the divorce, the prospect of being eternally stuck on the train, AND witnessing a person get freaking disintegrated to their death (?). Well now we know that the show's TV-PG rating isn't just a case of CN abusing the ratings. I do though have a bit of a gripe with One-One, who doesn't really do anything for me in this episode. That dual personality gag is gonna get old real fast. But that's just a really, REALLY minor gripe. This episode laid out the groundwork for the show very nicely and I can't wait to see more.

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Without saying too much else about it... It's already much better than Victor & Valentino in every sense required for a cartoon to be worth someone's time. It's a slow start, but that's only a minor issue to something bigger here, and thank God for that.

OK, now - Let's work our butts off to get off this train!

Action!

I really liked it. I can’t wait to see more. 9.5/10

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The ending was very abrupt. At first I thought I had missed a part... but then again, many CN cartoons are like that these days.

I really liked it. I hope she'll eventually find another human stuck on the train. For instance an adult man who has given up trying to get off the train and lives in a wagon that's not so bad. That would be a nice episode in the last season: Tulip convincing him to get back to the normal world.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I can't believe I just watched the first episode for a show that we've been eagerly waiting for since 2016. So much has changed since then; it's kind of unbelievable.

Anyway, the day has finally arrived! Infinity Train episode one is OUT and after watching it, I can definitely say I am highly looking forward to what's coming next.

The beginning was a little darker than I expected. Being a child from a divorced family, that quarrel between Tulip and her mom hit a little too close to home for me. However, the scene was well-written and although Tulip's anger seems to come from out of nowhere, knowing how tense her family dynamics probably are, it's justified.

I like how Tulip has a dream of being a game designer. That career path isn't one you see in a lot of kids cartoons (Glitch Techs is coming, I know, but still). I think it's a unique trait for her character and will probably help her with the puzzle-solving included in the train cars.

I LOVE ONE ONE! He was really funny, even more so than in the pilot. I caught myself laughing out loud at his antics and witty dialogue several times. Not every line hit, but there definitely were some great moments from him. I'm sure people are going to go crazy trying to make plushies of him (if they haven't already).

Can I just mention how freaking BEAUTIFUL the backgrounds are? I mean, WOW! Whoever is on that background designing team has some serious talent. I love how they have that "oil painting, brush-swept" look to them. I would love to have one background be my laptop screensaver.

I am so curious about what happened to that guy. I mean, that light just came down from the sky and tore him to pieces. Sheesh. Violent, much? I wonder where the train is actually located and why the creatures (and things) hate humans so much.

Well, I don't know for sure what's going to happen, but I'll throw in a few random predictions. I have a sneaking suspicion that the game design and divorced parents themes are going to come up again several times. Perhaps there'll be a main villain who can relate to Tulip on themes of abandonment, change, etc? Also, could the number on her hand be some sort of clock? Like, she has blank number of some time measurement to get off the train alive? Only question is, what is the time measured in? Days? Weeks? Hours?

Also, I was really surprised the episode only lasted eleven minutes. I thought for sure it would be a full half hour.

Looking more and more forward to August 5th!

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Also, could the number on her hand be some sort of clock? Like, she has blank number of some time measurement to get off the train alive? Only question is, what is the time measured in? Days? Weeks? Hours?
I think it refers to a wagon. Maybe there is something special in wagon 115. Something that keeps moving.

StellaMagic

I think it refers to a wagon. Maybe there is something special in wagon 115. Something that keeps moving.
It could even represent the cars and how far she has gone. I still feel bad for TUlip. It's heartbreaking to have your folks divorced out of the blue and feel like their adjustments are messing up your life.

Dudley

Staff member
I’m enjoying this more than both Long Live the Royals AND Over the Garden Wall.

But I suppose it’s too early to make that claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
ALMOST ANYTHING >>>>>> Long Live the Royal LOSERS. This is just one more show to add to that list, honestly.

PLUS - I can also breathe a sigh of relief knowing this is a mini-series (10 episodes, just like Over The Garden Wall.).

And being honest with myself: GOOD - it's better this way.

That alone means this will hopefully turn out to be awesome throughout, while NOT wearing itself out, too. That alone will make it feel extra special, rather than just like another thing - this feels like an actual finite story with an end goal - I can already respect that.

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

I saw it today. So far I’m liking what I see. The argument with her parents was dark for a kids’ show.

Corwin Haught

ALMOST ANYTHING >>>>>> Long Live the Royal LOSERS. This is just one more show to add to that list, honestly.

PLUS - I can also breathe a sigh of relief knowing this is a mini-series (10 episodes, just like Over The Garden Wall.).

And being honest with myself: GOOD - it's better this way.

That alone means this will hopefully turn out to be awesome throughout, while NOT wearing itself out, too. That alone will make it feel extra special, rather than just like another thing - this feels like an actual finite story with an end goal - I can already respect that.

I was kind of hoping this show would be the future of the network - theoretically they could have done a whole lot of train cars (it's right there in the title). OK K.O.! is leaving soon and it's unclear how long The New Adventures of Steven Universe will last, so all I'll have is Craig, DCSHG, Mao Mao, SCI and maybe Baby Bears.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
This was a good start to the series , The divorce aspect was done more realistically than usually portrayed in "children's media" and showing that everyone effected by it is miserable. I like the theme music and background music it really fits the show. One-One is a strange little robot with the morbid sense of Eeyore.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts