"Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures (Disney Junior Show)" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
In a first for Star Wars, a new series made for Disney Junior is coming next year.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Mia Resella is apparently the story editor for the series. They have some good credentials, including Middle School Moguls, Vampirina, Craig Of The Creek, The Chicken Squad, and Ridley Jones.

The show is made in collaboration with Wild Canary, who have worked on other Disney Junior shows (season 2 of Sheriff Callie's Wild West, Miles From Tomorrowland, Puppy Dog Pals, The Rocketeer, Mira Royal Detective, and The Chicken Squad).

Edit: Michael Olson is showrunner while Elliot M. Bour is supervising director.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So Icon Creative Studios is also attached to the show. It's their second collaboration with Wild Canary after the aforementioned The Rocketeer.

ABrown

I just came across a post on social media about this show. This is really cool for the younglings. Hopefully it'll be a success like the Spiderman Disney Jr show.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
That is something to think about. Tom Kane has retired from voice acting. Other than Star Wars Rebels, Frank Oz mainly plays him in the movies. I'm thinking maybe Dee Bradley Baker could play him. He's been in various Star Wars and Disney Junior projects.

Moe

It looks like first Star Wars show for preschool viewers.

Impressive CGI character art, in my opinion.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Christina Mijares Doung is working on the show. Some of the projects she's worked on include Puppy Dog Pals, The Tom And Jerry Show, High Guardian Spice, and Central Park.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, it's a thing with Disney Junior shows (and most preschool shows in general) to be in CGI. Though you do get some pretty good looking 2D boards from CGI shows (like with Scotland Barnes on Alice's Wonderland Bakery).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Megan Rika Young is a storyboard artist for the series.

Screenshot_20221011-115359.png

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So with the show having been out for a few months already, I can say that it's very enjoyable. It definitely feels like a good introduction to the franchise for young viewers. It's especially good for someone like me who's watched some decent Star Wars projects, but doesn't actively follow the franchise. If Piotr Michael voices Yoda in future projects, I wouldn't mind since he does the role well here. Also of note, you can find a few episodes on both the Disney Junior YouTube channel and the Star Wars Kids YouTube channel.

Mr.O

As a young adult Starwars and Marvel fan, I can definitely say after binge watching this with my baby sis that Young Jedi Adventures definitely hits a lot better than Spidey and Friends. I genuinely gave both shows a chance, but this show was just all around fun to watch. If I wasn't so backlogged with shows, I'd proudly watch this as a grown man on my own.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. New episodes return on November 8, which includes a holiday episode.

As a young adult Starwars and Marvel fan, I can definitely say after binge watching this with my baby sis that Young Jedi Adventures definitely hits a lot better than Spidey and Friends. I genuinely gave both shows a chance, but this show was just all around fun to watch. If I wasn't so backlogged with shows, I'd proudly watch this as a grown man on my own.
2. I think the reason the show turned out well is because of how this series is not only a Disney Junior original, but also a Disney Plus original. You can see this when watching the show on Disney Plus. Shows at least partly made for Disney Plus are usually made for people of all ages to enjoy. While this series is still episodic, there's greater mind to making things feel developed in the long run.

(go to 12:30)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I have no knowledge about what's in these books, but it'll be interesting to see these characters in the show. Having voice actors like Matthew Yang King and Liam O'Brien (who have both been in Disney Junior shows, The Lion Guard and Sofia The First respectively) play them should be interesting.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.

Featured Posts