Should Cartoon Network and Disney Channel also produce a special, separate live sports telecast like Nickelodeon

TMC1982

After seeing what Nickelodeon did with their simulcast of the Bears-Saints NFL playoff game last Sunday, I immediately wondered if or when their competition would try their own unique live sports telecast. In the past, the NFL's Pro Bowl has been simulcast on ESPN, ABC, and Disney XD.

On Disney XD, it was just the standard ESPN feed instead of a more deliberate, Disney-flavored presentation. The furthest they've gone that I'm aware of, them gearing a football telecast towards a younger audience, is having the Muppets take part in a few segments during Monday Night Football.

As for Cartoon Network, I naturally would like to imagine how they would put their spin on a live sports telecast on TBS or TNT like the NBA All-Star Game or a baseball playoff game.

Streaker Prower

I think Disney XD (NBA on ESPN) "which was going to turn into a ESPN gaming Channel as a April Fools Prank" and CN (NBA on TNT and TBS) should both air a NBA Christmas Day Game with footage if they Do when NBA announces it's 2021-22 season

here's some possible games
  1. Boston Celtics vs New York Knicks (Disney XD) "because the Celtics' main color Green is the same as Disney XD logo's Color Green"
  2. Chicago Bulls vs Los Angles Lakers (Cartoon Network) "because former Bulls Player Michael Jordan stared in the Movie Space Jam and Lebron James is staring in Space Jam 2: a New Legacy"
and before the game on CN, CN will air the Movie Space Jam (since CN and WB are owned by WarnerMedia)

Last edited:

Streaker Prower

also

On Disney XD, it was just the standard ESPN feed instead of a more deliberate, Disney-flavored presentation. The furthest they've gone that I'm aware of, them gearing a football telecast towards a younger audience, is having the cast of Ducktales 2017 Commentating during Monday Night Football.

As for Cartoon Network, I naturally would like to imagine how they would put their spin on a live sports telecast on TBS or TNT like the NBA Christmas Day Game (After a Showing of Space Jam) "if the did do it because TNT has not air a Christmas Day Game since 2017" or a March Madness game.

Low Spark of Lyman

What a night! I had to do six encores at the club.
Just a historical note: CN previously covered sports with Run It Back (2010-11) and Hall of Game Awards (2011-14). Not saying they should go back to that.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
If CBS got NASCAR rights again, I could definitely see an alternate broadcast of say the Daytona 500 on Nick (which might have to be delayed by 30 minutes so crashes can be edited out).

Streaker Prower

If CBS got NASCAR rights again, I could definitely see an alternate broadcast of say the Daytona 500 on Nick (which might have to be delayed by 30 minutes so crashes can be edited out).
The crashes' would be censored and replace with SpongeBob running over people, from the episode no free rides

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

This fall I will get 24 new VHSs, with that the number of cassettes will increase to 41. I need to re-digitize the ones I already have since my old Youtube channel was terminated in 2022, along with the new ones. As I left Youtube, the digitized VHS archive will be given to other people.
Minor gripe with the otherwise fine Yurikuma Arashi dub: "But also, we loved from the beginning as well." Using "also" and "as well" in the same sentence is redundant.
1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:

Featured Posts