"Rio 3" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Even though Disney shut down Blue Sky after absorbing 20th Century, Disney is still squeezing out whatever they can from the studio's properties. Ice Age: The Adventures of Buck Wild is projected to come out soon, but the production notes reveal that a new Rio movie is in production.

It's from this document in particular (which is a PDF):

harry580

I can't wait, I always wanted rio 3 since rio is my favorite blue sky studios franchise even though 20th century animation is doing it because blue sky studios closed down but still

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

I'm actually surprised about the news. I thought the chances of Rio 3 looked slim during the latter half of the past decade.

F150Dog

Deal for Stitch
I'm very surprised about Rio 3 and I thought it wouldn't happen because Rio 2 served on purpose. I'm curious about Rio 3's plot would looks like.

Heeroyuy_Batman

I am not at all surprised about Disney making a new installment in the Rio franchise. Other than Ice Age, Rio is the only franchise the late Blue Sky Studios had so it makes tons of sense for Disney to create more content based on Rio for Disney +. I would further say don't be surprised in the coming months and years when Epic, Spies in Disguise, Ferdinand, and/or Robots are made into franchises. Making new content for Disney + based on newly acquired IPs is part of why Disney bought most of Fox.

harry580

I am not at all surprised about Disney making a new installment in the Rio franchise. Other than Ice Age, Rio is the only franchise the late Blue Sky Studios had so it makes tons of sense for Disney to create more content based on Rio for Disney +. I would further say don't be surprised in the coming months and years when Epic, Spies in Disguise, Ferdinand, and/or Robots are made into franchises. Making new content for Disney + based on newly acquired IPs is part of why Disney bought most of Fox.
I hope spies in disguise is next, if there's going to be a new project based on robots, epic or Ferdinand my guess that a series of shorts or a tv series or a sequel could work,

Heeroyuy_Batman

I hope spies in disguise is next, if there's going to be a new project based on robots, epic or Ferdinand my guess that a series of shorts or a tv series or a sequel could work,
That makes sense. Though I could see an animated series based on Epic coming before one on Spies in Disguise. Part of what made Spies in Disguise good was the interaction and chemistry between Will Smith and Tom Holland. Recasting the characters would be a downgrade so Disney may wait until both actors' schedules are clear so they can be part of a new movie or animated series or even shorts.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

what happened to Nostalgialodeon twitter user? Now it shows as twitter account doesn't exist

Bella/Big from Polly Pocket reminds me of Big Barda from DC Superhero Girls 2015, being a physically strong character who's initially antagonistic before becoming a friend to the main characters, and showing a softer side. Rhona Rees even seems to channel a voice similar to Misty Lee. I know Shea Fontana developed both shows, but still.
Asa wrote on kanc's profile.
I’m hoping the first Madagascar movie finally airs on Nickelodeon this year. They’ve only played the sequels so far.
Feels like I’m the only person who uses Opera

This song made me realize how it's rare for most projects to pair up Goofy and Daisy, yet they play well off of each other.

Featured Posts