"Rio 3" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Even though Disney shut down Blue Sky after absorbing 20th Century, Disney is still squeezing out whatever they can from the studio's properties. The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild is projected to come out soon, but the production notes reveal that a new Rio movie is in production.

It's from this document in particular (which is a PDF):

yfXFipa.jpg

harry580

I can't wait, I always wanted rio 3 since rio is my favorite blue sky studios franchise even though 20th century animation is doing it because blue sky studios closed down but still

Last edited:

Moe

I'm very surprised about Rio 3 and I thought it wouldn't happen because Rio 2 served on purpose. I'm curious about Rio 3's plot would looks like.

Heeroyuy_Batman

I am not at all surprised about Disney making a new installment in the Rio franchise. Other than Ice Age, Rio is the only franchise the late Blue Sky Studios had so it makes tons of sense for Disney to create more content based on Rio for Disney +. I would further say don't be surprised in the coming months and years when Epic, Spies in Disguise, Ferdinand, and/or Robots are made into franchises. Making new content for Disney + based on newly acquired IPs is part of why Disney bought most of Fox.

harry580

I am not at all surprised about Disney making a new installment in the Rio franchise. Other than Ice Age, Rio is the only franchise the late Blue Sky Studios had so it makes tons of sense for Disney to create more content based on Rio for Disney +. I would further say don't be surprised in the coming months and years when Epic, Spies in Disguise, Ferdinand, and/or Robots are made into franchises. Making new content for Disney + based on newly acquired IPs is part of why Disney bought most of Fox.
I hope spies in disguise is next, if there's going to be a new project based on robots, epic or Ferdinand my guess that a series of shorts or a tv series or a sequel could work,

Heeroyuy_Batman

I hope spies in disguise is next, if there's going to be a new project based on robots, epic or Ferdinand my guess that a series of shorts or a tv series or a sequel could work,
That makes sense. Though I could see an animated series based on Epic coming before one on Spies in Disguise. Part of what made Spies in Disguise good was the interaction and chemistry between Will Smith and Tom Holland. Recasting the characters would be a downgrade so Disney may wait until both actors' schedules are clear so they can be part of a new movie or animated series or even shorts.

harry580

looks like Jim Hecht (of ice age the meltdown fame) is writing rio 3

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
In somewhat tangential news, the Spix macaw, the species of bird that went extinct sometime after Rio 2, is now back in the wild.

Frontier

Staff member

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The daily experience of going on social media: "Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says 'ooooooo'." "Peter, those are Cheerios."
did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

Featured Posts