NickRewind News & Talkback Thread Part 2

kanc

Zap2it now updated:
Tonight 11PM-6AM is Rugrats marathon including Thanksgiving special
tomorrow 11pm-6AM is Hey Arnold marathon
Wednesday 11pm-6am: Rocko's Modern Life marathon including Thanksgiving special
And Thurs-Sun as I already mentioned is Nick Flicks of Rugrats Movie, Rugrats in Paris, Rugrats Go Wild, and Hey Arnold the Jungle Movie

@superkeegan9100, I'm pretty sure for what you're seeing in the guide could be an error.. My zap2it guide is showing marathon

kanc

Also @SG-17 they're also not showing CatDog Thanksgiving special either, nor Kenan and Kel Thanksgiving special either

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
A nice collection of episodes, the Rugrats special isn't exactly a classic, but it's still pretty fun from what I remember of it.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It's a shame that they aren't airing the Hey Arnold Thanksgiving special. I always thought that it was pretty good, but the Rugrats Thanksgiving special is pretty enjoyable for what it is.

SG-17

It's a shame that they aren't airing the Hey Arnold Thanksgiving special. I always thought that it was pretty good, but the Rugrats Thanksgiving special is pretty enjoyable for what it is.
I'd argue that Arnold's Thanksgiving is one of the best Thanksgiving specials in television due to its realistic depiction of the holiday that is timelessly relatable.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'd argue that Arnold's Thanksgiving is one of the best Thanksgiving specials in television due to its realistic depiction of the holiday that is timelessly relatable.

I agree, although having fewer Thanksgiving specials in general does help a bit. I don't think that the special gets as much attention compared to the Hey Arnold Halloween and Christmas episodes, but they're all really solid specials.

Toons Fan

NickSplat will be airing a marathon of a different show each night next week.

Monday will be Hey Arnold!
Tuesday will be Rocko
Wednesday will be Doug
Thursday will be Rugrats
Friday-Sunday will be more Hey Arnold!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Looney Turtles

NickSplat will be airing a marathon of a different show each night next week.

Monday will be Hey Arnold!
Tuesday will be Rocko
Wednesday will be Doug
Thursday will be Rugrats
Friday-Sunday will be more Hey Arnold!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They need to do marathons of shows that we haven't seen on the block in a while, like All Grown Up or ChalkZone.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
NickSplat content refresh on VRV for November 27, 2018:

WHAT'S IN
All Grown Up - seasons 1-5
The Amanda Show - seasons 1 and 3
CatDog - seasons 1, 3 and 4
Kenan & Kel - seasons 3 and 4
Rocket Power - seasons 2-4
Rocko's Modern Life - seasons 1 and 2

WHAT'S OUT
All That
The Angry Beavers
Doug
The Wild Thornberrys
ChalkZone
Clarissa Explains It All
Kablam!
Salute Your Shorts
Figure It Out!
Guts

NOTE: The shows that are leaving won't be gone forever, as NickSplat's VRV channel constantly rotates its selection every so often.

NickSplat content refresh on VRV for November 27, 2018:

WHAT'S IN
All Grown Up - seasons 1-5
The Amanda Show - seasons 1 and 3
CatDog - seasons 1, 3 and 4
Kenan & Kel - seasons 3 and 4
Rocket Power - seasons 2-4
Rocko's Modern Life - seasons 1 and 2

WHAT'S OUT
All That
The Angry Beavers
Doug
The Wild Thornberrys
ChalkZone
Clarissa Explains It All
Kablam!
Salute Your Shorts
Figure It Out!
Guts

NOTE: The shows that are leaving won't be gone forever, as NickSplat's VRV channel constantly rotates its selection every so often.
Where did you get this info?

DonTrashRoom

I don't get why they do this. Why not just keep adding? Its why I cancelled after my free trial was up.
Probably to keep their selection fresh. There's only so much Nick can pull from their back catalog.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

SG-17

Probably to keep their selection fresh. There's only so much Nick can pull from their back catalog.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
It doesn't make sense to remove content though. They should only be adding, its not like they (Nick) doesn't have the permanent rights to all of these shows.

DonTrashRoom

It doesn't make sense to remove content though. They should only be adding, its not like they (Nick) doesn't have the permanent rights to all of these shows.
But if they continue adding without rotating out, their selection will eventually grow stale. And unlike Boomerang, they can't really cut deals to add third-party content to prolong the longevity of legacy content additions.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Featured Posts