NickRewind News & Talkback Thread Part 2

JTOONSAnimation

Could somebody be on the lookout on early July 16 (4-6am) to see if the NickRewind branding would still be around or not due to the schedule change? I would view it but I lost access to TeenNick.

I'll check it out, I live on the Pacific coast so it'll start at 1AM for me.

You mean MTV on TeenNick, right?

Right. Teen Wolf and Betch are both TV-14 shows.

This is a strange move but having actual teen programming on the network is a decent move after Degrassi ended (I think it ended, I'm not sure.)

Also, whatever happened to that Open Heart show that aired a few years ago? The first season ended on a cliffhanger. Was it cancelled after that?

kanc

Also, whatever happened to that Open Heart show that aired a few years ago? The first season ended on a cliffhanger. Was it cancelled after that?
Yes I think Degrassi: The Next Generation ended back in summer 2015, press release issued in Jun 2015 for ending the series. Also for Open Heart, I think there hasn't any announcement for renewal, so its since its been more than a year, its assumed to be cancelled. The source is from thefutoncritic

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Before it became teen nick they aired way more TV-14 programming as the N than Teennick , ironic that the network with teen in it's name had less teen programming, almost like having a music television with no music. Yeah Open Heart was canceled pretty much. Not sure if it was Teennick or YTV/ DHX doing's.

Also : the Nick rewind twitter account hasn't changed their time yet.
kit1.PNG

Dillon Arias

It sucks that NickRewind is now a shadow of its former self, what’s is it with networks these days dumping there old shows.

I just hope this change is temporary because this is just awful.

SG-17

I wish that they'd move the block to NickToons and run it from 8 (or 9) pm to 6am and treat it like an Originals-Only Nick@Nite (except for the insane commercials).

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I wish that they'd move the block to NickToons and run it from 8 (or 9) pm to 6am and treat it like an Originals-Only Nick@Nite (except for the insane commercials).
Since Nicktoons drops ads overnight that'd be even more fun.

Does anyone know if they still did music videos during those hours of Nickrewind?

Dillon Arias

They should just move it to Nicktoons honestly, that could not be hard to do, especially since NickSports was moved to TeenNick for a brief while.

kanc

With TeenNick last minute changes, starting late Friday night NickRewind now starts at 1AM, late Fri. Hey Arnold marathon, late Sat night 2 Rugrats movies followed by Rugrats marathon, late Sun. night has Rocko marathon

JTOONSAnimation

What was the point of reducing it if they were just going to expand it later???

Knowing Nickelodeon, the ratings from 11PM to 4AM, must've been HORRIBLE. For eight years the block has been a staple of the network, and they just changed it abruptly. I bet they'll phase out AwesomenessTV by the end of summer

SG-17

It seems that the new weekday schedule is Rugrats/Rugrats, Hey Arnold/Hey Arnold, Rocko/Rocko, Rugrats/Rugrats, Hey Arnold/Hey Arnold from 1am to 6 am EDT.

Doug seems to be totally gone.

kanc

It seems that the new weekday schedule is Rugrats/Rugrats, Hey Arnold/Hey Arnold, Rocko/Rocko, Rugrats/Rugrats, Hey Arnold/Hey Arnold from 1am to 6 am EDT.

Doug seems to be totally gone.
Here is the new Nickrewind schedule, and yes Doug is off the lineup

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.
"WBD just hates animation! They don't care about it!"

Counterpoint: Me TV Toons.

Featured Posts