"Marvel on Netflix" General News & Discussion, Four (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowell

Is there a reason why people keep thinking of Disney+ instead of Hulu despite the fact this side of Marvel will be on the latter since that's where they're rolling all R-rated content into? Also, some good news: AT&T's planning to shed the 10% in Hulu to Disney to pay off the debt from WarnerMedia.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Is there a reason why people keep thinking of Disney+ instead of Hulu despite the fact this side of Marvel will be on the latter since that's where they're rolling all R-rated content into? Also, some good news: AT&T's planning to shed the 10% in Hulu to Disney to pay off the debt from WarnerMedia.
Because there's no confirmation future appearances of them outside Netflix will still be R rated in nature.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Do you know what Netflix needs to do? After Jessica Jones and The Punisher are canceled (and they will be) they need to get everybody back for one last season of The Defenders, just to wrap everything up. Am I correct in remembering that show wasn't officially canceled? If Netflix truly doesn't want to do Marvel shows anymore we at least deserve some closure.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
EP and writer Sam Ernst revealed the DD S4 writer's room was assembled and the season already was plotted out when they learned of the cancellation.

Do you know what Netflix needs to do? After Jessica Jones and The Punisher are canceled (and they will be) they need to get everybody back for one last season of The Defenders, just to wrap everything up. Am I correct in remembering that show wasn't officially canceled?
Yeah, they were vague about Defenders' fate.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter

brodie999

Well that's can't happen until the Fox merger is done because Marvel TV is not allowed to sell off any of there brands right now.
I know. That's why all 3 shows that were cancelled by Marvel and Netflix hinted at being revived for new episodes in the near future. That signals a future where they find their new home at either Hulu or FXX.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
I expected streaming shows to arrive ON TIME as each season came. I was really annoyed that Daredevil took a year off to accommodate his appearances in the other shows (again, it's been 10 years now. We all know by now it's a shared universe, so stop going out of the way to remind us it's one in every single movie or tv show by having a character from something else show up). The other streaming shows I watch don't exactly have an ON TIME schedule for each season either.

So basically, if a show on a streaming service doesn't have to stick to a regular schedule for seasons, why legitimately cancel the shows if they could just take time off and make a new season whenever they felt like it?

If this has something to do with the shows/rights to characters and franchises going somewhere else, couldn't Netflix just milk everything for all its worth in the possible limited time allotted before they no longer can produce Marvel TV shows?

the greenman

Wonder how much money they made on these:
6231cc3d9316fcb2a3ab8911aa3324cb.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

the greenman

None of this makes any sense.
It makes alot of sense.

1. Marvel has Netflix is in the same boat as FOX was in. They have the rights to their iterations of those characters.

2. Disney has just started playing hardball by announcing not only their upcoming rival streaming service but content as well. Netflix doesn't really need them anymore.

3. It is very possible Feige and MARVEL are seriously planning to bring PG-13 versions of DD, IF, Cage, and JJ into the MCU. If the Master of Kung-Fu announcement is anything, it shows they are going to go deeper into MARVEL deep cuts. Maybe Moon Knight, and Blade. Maybe Kingpin will return in SONY's Spider-Man films.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

reflection01

The simplest explanation is Netflix went ahead and cancelled the shows as their contract with Disney ended. Disney will bring back the characters in some form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts