"Marvel on Netflix" General News & Discussion, Four (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowell

The Marvel land at Islands of Adventure is a major draw to that park alongside Hogsmeade, so unless Universal has a new idea that they think will draw more people to the park, they aren't going to give that up anytime soon.

Plus, Marvel collects huge dough from the licensing fees and merchandise sales from that area. The thought of Marvel making even more than that in a new area at a Disney World park, without any of the licensing fees (meaning merch is the only source of ROI) or high-tech rides (Web Slingers has nowhere near the appeal Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man has) seems highly implausible.
I think maybe until Epic Universe construction is almost finished, they'll definitely be holding a grip on the rights.

Avengers Campus in Disneyland is a small area, though. The Quinjet ride is going to be built in their Phase 2 expansion.

But considering Guardians: Cosmic Rewind is going to be at Epcot, I wouldn't be surprised to see more Marvel attractions built there.

There is a benefit from licensing fees but getting the rights back would allow Imagineering freedom to do whatever else they want with Marvel.

They could even do a better hotel than the Star Wars resort that's going to be open soon.

reflection01

There’s no incentive for Universal to get rid of Marvel Super Hero Island. Their contract is ironclad and not connected to anything else. All they have to do is keep up those four excellent attractions that are still popular. There’s no need to build anything new. In fan, Disney+ has helped them because X-Men ‘97 will make the 90s a aesthetic more relevant in the 2020s.

It’s a good deal for us as fans because it incentivizes Disney to bring more Marvel characters to the forefront to give them Disney World attractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lowell

There’s no incentive for Universal to get rid of Marvel Super Hero Island. Their contract is ironclad and not connected to anything else. All they have to do is keep up those four excellent attractions that are still popular. There’s no need to build anything new. In fan, Disney+ has helped them because X-Men ‘97 will make the 90s a aesthetic more relevant in the 2020s.

It’s a good deal for us as fans because it incentivizes Disney to bring more Marvel characters to the forefront to give them Disney World attractions.

That could be the case but there's a possibility Comcast might looking into shedding the rights to pay off some of the costs of building Epic Universe after it opens.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Anyway, Netflix. I'll leave this thread open for a couple weeks and see if anything else is reported. If not, it will be closed for good. EDIT: But if something major comes up, I'd reopen it.

Last edited:

the greenman

Pretty sure the only news were waiting on is what will be ported over to Disney+/Hulu and maybe who?

The only rumors I heard/seen were:

Daredevil:
Charlie Cox- DD/Matt (obviously)
D'Nofrio- Kingpin/Fisk (obviously)
Deb Woll- Karen Page (actress has posted curious DD stuff on her social media post series. She MIGHT'VE known something)

Jessica Jones:
No official information, other than (much like Cox), Feige was impressed with Ritter. Though that doesn't mean anything. The big rumor is "Jessica Jones" is supposed to appear in She-Hulk; how is unknown of course.

Luke Cage:
No official information at all.

Iron Fist:
No official information. . . but actress Jessica Henwick (Colleen Wing) has alluded to the possibility of returning to acclaimed character Colleen.

The Punisher:
No official information.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

reflection01

That could be the case but there's a possibility Comcast might looking into shedding the rights to pay off some of the costs of building Epic Universe after it opens.

Allowing Disney to buy some rights back could cost Universal by forcing them into another new construction project. That would be a terrible move. They get to hamstring Disney for free. That’s worth it.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Pretty sure the only news were waiting on is what will be ported over to Disney+/Hulu and maybe who?

The only rumors I heard/seen were:

Daredevil:
Charlie Cox- DD/Matt (obviously)
D'Nofrio- Kingpin/Fisk (obviously)
Deb Woll- Karen Page (actress has posted curious DD stuff on her social media post series. She MIGHT'VE known something)

Jessica Jones:
No official information, other than (much like Cox), Feige was impressed with Ritter. Though that doesn't mean anything. The big rumor is "Jessica Jones" is supposed to appear in She-Hulk; how is unknown of course.

Luke Cage:
No official information at all.

Iron Fist:
No official information. . . but actress Jessica Henwick (Colleen Wing) has alluded to the possibility of returning to acclaimed character Colleen.

The Punisher:
No official information.
If JJones isn't in She-Hulk, that'd be a waste. She's the unbreakable detective to JWalter's hulked out lawyer. Heck, if Matt Murdock doesn't bump into Jen, assuming it's set in NYC, that'd also be a waste.

I get Shang-Chi and all, but my go-to Marvel martial artist is the guy with the iron fist. And then by extension his partner in beating crime, Luke Cage. If not cameos in some other show...idk Echo? Re-intro them in one of those Shang-Chi sequels/spinoffs.

The Punisher feels like the odd one out, but...what about the Midnight Sons after they've gotten done with Moon Knight, Blade, & whoever it is the next Ghost Rider?

lowell

Allowing Disney to buy some rights back could cost Universal by forcing them into another new construction project. That would be a terrible move. They get to hamstring Disney for free. That’s worth it.

I mean, we'll see. If this even happens, it'll probably be before Comcast's theme park rights to the Simpsons expire in 2028.

the greenman

The Punisher feels like the odd one out, but...what about the Midnight Sons after they've gotten done with Moon Knight, Blade, & whoever it is the next Ghost Rider?

I had a thought if they dare do Punisher as he was introduced in Spider-man as a villian. So much like DD, he's in the MCU, but not under the official Disney banner. I kinda hope Sony uses Kingpin too. Though Marvel might drop him out of recent controversial stuff.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
That's the rumor for the US too. Which if true, will mean they'll edit the heck out of them.

Disney Plus is different in Canada, it's like a combo of Disney Plus and Hulu, because there is no Hulu in Canada, it might be on Hulu in the US. Logan is on Disney Plus Canada.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Disney Plus is different in Canada, it's like a combo of Disney Plus and Hulu, because there is no Hulu in Canada, it might be on Hulu in the US. Logan is on Disney Plus Canada.
I think Canadian D+ has the Star hub for mature content

the greenman

Hmmm. Okay. We'll see what happens, but the obvious seems they'll go to Hulu here in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Minor gripe with the otherwise fine Yurikuma Arashi dub: "But also, we loved from the beginning as well." Using "also" and "as well" in the same sentence is redundant.
1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!

Featured Posts