International Nickelodeon Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Yes, of course they didn’t merge in the Netherlands, as it still has Dutch ratings, which is being in orange rather than black.

For Scandinavia, they have changed a lot, and they have licensed their Scandinavian feed in a separate RRtv license, since few months ago, which ends after 12 years from that day. Should they revoke the license after the merger with the African feed (which is licensed under Nickelodeon Global license; that includes Sub-Saharan African countries)?
Yeah yeah, I mean that also the schedule doesn't seem merged with other feeds

Reactions: J10

J10

https://www.rrtv.cz/files/lic/l870115.pdf I don't understand too much about the name change on the fourth page. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Nicktoons Global is going to rename.
We have mentioned that from before that it would replace the feed in some platforms. However, Nickelodeon Ukraine Pluto TV is existed on OSN Pop Up, and didn't replace Nicktoons.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Seriously?

Man, the Netherlands used to be one of Nickelodeon's strongest markets to have an independent feed and they merge it with Nick Africa?

The one where IIRC they banned episodes of The Loud House after an intervention from Kenya's Ezekiel Mutua back in 2017?

These merges are all plain nuts.

We wanted most European feeds in key markets to be independent and now some of these merges make no sense.

Nick Commercial Light aka the former Nick Iberia being paired with Belgium and at one stage Scandinavia.
I think this was from before, but now, they mostly broadcast both Nickelodeon CEE and Nickelodeon Global (HD Europe) in these countries.

There used to be Riga Time in their promos, but later it got dropped, and this year, Moscow Time is replaced with Tbilisi and Chisinau.
Riga and Chisinau are in the same time zone

J10

Man, the Netherlands used to be one of Nickelodeon's strongest markets to have an independent feed and they merge it with Nick Africa?
It's the Scandinavian feed, as this member said, not the Netherlands.
Anyway; Nickelodeon Netherlands has not been merged with the African feed, only the Scandinavia feed(s)

Yes, they have indeed the same time zone as Romania and Turkey.

Francisque

Yes indeed, the Dutch(/Flemish) feed has not been merged at all it seems, except in terms of textless promos and so on, which might give the hasty impression it's been merged.

There are even shows not aired on other feeds: it has only been merged with the Flemish feed, but that's not a recent development

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Also merged earlier this year with the Commercial Light Feed, but as a separate video feed, like France.

I also noticed that Portugal is now using the Spanish video feed, with a subfeed for ads. (noticeable because there is a tiny delay)

Reactions: J10

J10

Also merged earlier this year with the Commercial Light Feed, but as a separate video feed, like France.

I also noticed that Portugal is now using the Spanish video feed, with a subfeed for ads. (noticeable because there is a tiny delay)
But Scandinavia used that feed, which was licensed by CVDM, before they moved to RRtv (Czechia), on December. Wallonia remains with Commercial Light (CVDM) until further notice.

Last edited:

NixcoBox12

Also known as pizzabob, also a dubbing archiver
Rare Nickelodeon CEE images from the 2000s

Attachments

• 4CA4F75D-84BC-4A76-9D61-D17579EB25BB.jpeg
    4CA4F75D-84BC-4A76-9D61-D17579EB25BB.jpeg
    939.6 KB · Views: 85
  • DC043251-2D22-4EC6-9A9E-613A02B8F028.jpeg
    DC043251-2D22-4EC6-9A9E-613A02B8F028.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 83

Francisque

Paramount+ launches in Italy on tomorrow, although the app appears to be available already.

Among the exclusive content, we have the iCarly reboot and Fairly Odder.

I think I might get the 7´-days trial, but I don't think I'm interested in having the full service

J10

Next week, the license for Nick Jr. (NL) will end on this day, September 18, 2022.
Nick Jr.​
VIMN Netherlands B.V.​
Commerciële toestemming (algemeen tv)​
18 September 201718 September 2022

Will they move to Czech Republic's RRtv like MTV Netherlands, or will it renew with them like NickToons (Nordics) editie Estland, Letland en Litouwen?

Last edited:

Francisque

Nickelodeon UK schedules updated (inc. Nick Jr and Nicktoons): no adverts, non-30 mins based schedules

Insidus

Seriously?

The one where IIRC they banned episodes of The Loud House after an intervention from Kenya's Ezekiel Mutua back in 2017?

These merges are all plain nuts.

We wanted most European feeds in key markets to be independent and now some of these merges make no sense.

Nick Commercial Light aka the former Nick Iberia being paired with Belgium and at one stage Scandinavia.

For the record, Nick Africa comes with two feeds and at some point Nicktoons. The first feed which is the South African feed offered The Loud House while the ROA feed used other existing content on the channel to fill it's lineup

By the way I noticed someone had been summarising Nicktoons Africa's progress in 2022 on Wikipedia. Curious on who wrote this and all of it is very much true.

Attachments

• IMG_20220916_152042.jpg
    IMG_20220916_152042.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 67

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Ahh!

At least Nick Jr. and Nicktoons aren't leaving any gaps. When the news was first announced and channels started to stop ads, some just played a soundless 3-4-minute animated loop of their network's logo where the ads were meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I want to thank both Silverstar and Goldstar for their awesome posts and great presence in this forum. Love ya!
Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.
I'm thinking about leaving animesuperhero forums in the future. I don't know if I want to continue posting much if nobody else is interested.
Also another thing is I have lot of stuff to do and too busy.

Featured Posts