International Disney Networks Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Here's some more and Asia

Also, I am starting to think that DC CZHU might really close down within a year. After ČT premiered S2 of DuckTales instead of DC, they are now premiering Milo Murphy S2 and will premiere also Lion Guard S3. This is just weird. Only reason I can think of is DC's dubbing studios being unavailable due to corona, but I dunno. It's starting to remind me of last year of Megamax and Animax. I have a feeling DC CZHU might close down in spring after Disney+ launches here.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Disney channels in the UK have now been removed from the EPG

BTW Disney+ UK has now added a lot of ex-DC/DXD/DJ stuff, while DC Italy, with the channels abruptly closed down months ago, still has to get things like The Owl House..

Because of the Disney Channel content transfer, the UK version of Disney+ is probably now one of the most comprehensive country versions of the service.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
Disney: filmes deixam canais de TV e serviços de streaming

As of today, Disney channels in Brazil will not show films from the studio, which will be restricted to Disney + and TV Globo as they have a contract in force until 2021. I believe that they will soon close the channels soon.

They also recently made the decision to end distribution of DVD and Blu-ray media in Latin America, literally wanting to force people to subscribe to streaming.

Is this to prevent the ongoing piracy and the launch of Disney+ in LA/BR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't Bluey co-produced by the BBC? This could increase the chances of it finally coming to CBeebies.

Disney acquired global rights to Bluey except AU/NZ.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
Disney also has ongoing contracts with major European public broadcasters but its unknown if Disney may be phasing out in favor of Disney+? Also, will there be a chance if 20th TV content may move from commercial broadcasters in Europe?

RegularCapital

Staff member
Disney also has ongoing contracts with major European public broadcasters but its unknown if Disney may be phasing out in favor of Disney+? Also, will there be a chance if 20th TV content may move from commercial broadcasters in Europe?

I doubt Disney movies and TV shows will leave European PSB's (this is also the case in Latin America), Disney+ only affects the pay-TV market, also TV advertising (especially network television) is still necessary to advertise Disney+. Movies will continue to air on network television after a three year release window. 20th Century Television shows will remain on FTA/pay-TV, but FOX will need to rebrand within the next few years as agreed in the deal Disney signed with Murdoch's FOX. Whether there will be a European Hulu or Star eventually, I don't know. I think Nat Geo will be gone from pay-TV before any plans for the 20th Century content come into fruition, because of its presence on Disney+, however that's if its presence on Disney+ is taking a hit on its viewership.

10% of households in the Nordic region now have Disney+, this could be the next market where Disney Channel closes, however they renewed their deal with Viasat earlier this year, so it could be around for at least the next few years. Also Disney+ is doing well in the Netherlands, a market where it nearly had a year to mature.

Last edited:

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
20th Century Television shows will remain on FTA/pay-TV, but FOX will need to rebrand within the next few years as agreed in the deal Disney signed with Murdoch's FOX.
Will this mean that Disney may have to manage these deals that FOX made pre-merger? Or will Latin America FTA channels will trade FOX content to broadcasters that Disney has deals with?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Another one has bite the dust...
♪ DUM DUM DUM ♫

Three European Disney XD feeds remain...
As of December 31st:
1602008566795.png

RegularCapital

Staff member
10% of households in the Nordic region now have Disney+, this could be the next market where Disney Channel closes, however they renewed their deal with Viasat earlier this year, so it could be around for at least the next few years. Also Disney+ is doing well in the Netherlands, a market where it nearly had a year to mature.

Disney XD Scandinavia is closing on December 30th

Gulp, I wasn't expecting something to happen that soon. o_O

Will this mean that Disney may have to manage these deals that FOX made pre-merger? Or will Latin America FTA channels will trade FOX content to broadcasters that Disney has deals with?

I think Disney will maintain their existing relationships and fulfill existing contracts, however they do have their existing relationships with broadcasters that buy ABC programming, it may be possible that 20th Century content may be more widespread than before.

ChickyBro

taiga is great
Now there's a list of TV shows and movies coming to Disney+ Hotstar Indonesia.

Seems like Upside Down Magic will be there shortly after the premiere on Disney Channel Asia.

The first 13 episodes of Mira, Royal Detective were added to the service recently.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2020 - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2020
00:00 Pretty Rhythm: Dear My Future (Mon-Wed) / Kids CSI (Thu-Fri)
06:00 Super Wings
06:30 Doc McStuffins (Mon-Wed) / Puppy Dog Pals (Thu-Fri)
06:50 Rainbow Ruby (Mon) / Vampirina (Tue-Fri)
07:20 Play-Doh on Disney Junior
07:30 Catch! Teenieping (Mon-Thu; * on Thu) / Super Wings* (Fri)
08:00 Sofia the First
08:30 The Octonauts
09:00 Catch! Teenieping
09:30 The 7D (Mon-Thu) / The Little Mermaid (Fri)
10:30 Hello Jadoo (Mon-Thu)
11:00 Frozen (Dub) (Fri)
12:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Mon-Thu)
12:45 Lego Frozen Northern Lights (Fri)
13:00 Hello Jadoo (Fri)
14:00 Hanging On! (Mon-Thu)
15:00 Hello Jadoo (Mon-Wed) / Time Traveler Luke* (Thu) / Journey of Long* (Fri)
15:30 Journey of Long (Thu)
16:00 The Lion King (Mon) / Finding Dory (Tue) / Up (Wed) / Toy Story (Dub) (Thu) / Toy Story 2 (Dub) (Fri)
17:30 Toy Story of Terror! (Thu) / Toy Story That Time Forgot (Fri)
18:00 The Owl House (Mon-Tue; * on Mon) / DuckTales (Wed) / Catch! Teenieping (Thu) / Elena of Avalor* (Fri)
18:30 Moana (Thu)
19:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
20:25 Mickey Mouse (Thu)
20:30 Wadda tv* (Thu) / The Incredibles (Fri)
21:00 Hello Jadoo (Mon-Tue) / The Owl House (Wed)
21:30 Wadda tv (Thu)
22:00 Hanging On! (Mon-Wed)
22:25 Mickey Mouse (Fri)
22:30 Hanging On! (Thu-Fri)

All times KST (UTC+9). Start time subject to change. * denotes new episode(s).

Here's the actual schedule of DC Korea for weekdays of this week. The premiere of The Rocketeer, originally scheduled for tomorrow, has been postponed to next Thursday. Meanwhile, there are promos of Elena of Avalor, whose new episodes are aired every Friday on DC Korea starting this week, and PJ Masks, whose latest season began today on DJ Korea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts