International Disney Networks Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
CZHU
guK3Q6B.jpg

Francisque

According to the Accessible TV Sky Guide, which goes slightly beyond the normal 7 days Sky EPG, this will be displayed after the 1st of October at 00:00 UK time :

Disney Channel/Junior/XD closes on 30th September
From October 1st, Disney+ will become the new home for Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior content in the UK. For all Disney Channel content queries, please email: DisneyPlusUKpressoffice@disney.co.uk.

Now, I don't think that will be kept for some days as a slide on the EPG (after the 1st of October), I just think that might well be a notice for those looking for programmes after the 30th of September, as I don't think Sky can keep, according to the laws they created EPG-wise, a channel showing no programmes 24/7.
For instance,BBC Three, after shutting down and keeping an informative slide for 1 week or something like that, had to keep showing programmes (a minimun of 3 hours if I remember correctly) in the early hours of the morning, so yeah, as typical of Sky, the channels will likely be removed from the EPG the morning (10/11 typically) on the 1st of October

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
According to the Accessible TV Sky Guide, which goes slightly beyond the normal 7 days Sky EPG, this will be displayed after the 1st of October at 00:00 UK time :

Disney Channel/Junior/XD closes on 30th September
From October 1st, Disney+ will become the new home for Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior content in the UK. For all Disney Channel content queries, please email: DisneyPlusUKpressoffice@disney.co.uk.

Now, I don't think that will be kept for some days as a slide on the EPG (after the 1st of October), I just think that might well be a notice for those looking for programmes after the 30th of September, as I don't think Sky can keep, according to the laws they created EPG-wise, a channel showing no programmes 24/7.
For instance,BBC Three, after shutting down and keeping an informative slide for 1 week or something like that, had to keep showing programmes (a minimun of 3 hours if I remember correctly) in the early hours of the morning, so yeah, as typical of Sky, the channels will likely be removed from the EPG the morning (10/11 typically) on the 1st of October

I don't think that message will be on the EPG after the channels have closed, simply because it's written in future tense, by that time, it wouldn't make any sense to say that it will close when in fact it already has. I believe that message was written as a warning beforehand. From my experience of Sky, they tend to pull the channels quite quickly after they cease broadcasting, however on Virgin, you get an "Heads Up" message a week before and then a holding slide for about two weeks after the channel has closed.

As soon as Disney+ launches on Virgin, a dedicated channel to access Disney+ will likely be created at the end of the Kids section of the EPG. Sky has a degree of exclusivity over the Disney+ app in the UK when it comes to programming integration and from what I read registering an account from the set-top box. However, Virgin UK has merged with O2 forming a joint venture, O2 has exclusivity over Disney+ on mobile.

When BBC Three closed, the BBC still had (and still does) control over the airtime to air the "BBC Three has moved" holding slide, with Disney its a different case as their contract to broadcast ends on 1st October.

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2020 - FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2020
00:00 Raven's Home (Mon) / Bizaardvark (Tue-Wed) / Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Thu-Fri)
06:00 Super Wings
06:30 Vampirina (Mon-Tue) / Puppy Dog Pals* (Wed-Fri)
06:50 Rainbow Ruby (Mon) / Play-Doh on Disney Junior (Fri)
07:00 Doc McStuffins (Tue-Thu) / Kiratto Pri Chan* (Fri)
07:20 Play-Doh on Disney Junior (Mon-Thu)
07:30 Catch! Teenieping (Mon-Thu; * on Thu) / Super Wings* (Fri)
08:00 Sofia the First
08:30 The Octonauts
09:00 Catch! Teenieping
09:30 The 7D
10:30 Hello Jadoo
12:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
14:00 Star vs. the Forces of Evil
15:00 Hello Jadoo (Mon-Thu) / Journey of Long* (Fri)
16:00 The Lion King (Mon) / The Incredibles (Tue) / Tangled (Wed) / Up (Thu) / Toy Story 3 (Dub) (Fri)
17:55 Mickey Mouse (Mon)
18:00 The Owl House (Mon-Tue; * on Mon) / DuckTales (Wed) / Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Thu-Fri)
18:30 Zootopia (Thu)
19:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Mon-Wed) / Monsters, Inc. (Dub) (Fri)
20:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Thu)
21:00 Hello Jadoo (Mon-Tue) / The Owl House (Wed,Fri)
21:30 The Owl House (Thu)
22:00 Hanging On! (Mon-Tue,Fri) / Hello Jadoo (Wed)
22:30 Hello Jadoo (Thu)
23:00 Rolling Stars*

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2020 - SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2020
00:00 Lab Rats (Sat) / K.C. Undercover (Sun)
04:20 Bizaardvark (Sun)
06:00 Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures*
06:30 Sofia the First
07:00 T.O.T.S. (* on Sat)
07:20 Play-Doh on Disney Junior
07:30 Journey of Long
08:00 Zootopia (Sat) / Wreck-It-Ralph (Dub) (Sun)
10:00 DuckTales* (Sat) / Big City Greens* (Sun)
11:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
12:30 Hello Jadoo (Sun)
13:00 Hello Jadoo (Sat)
14:00 Hanging On! (Sun)
14:30 Hanging On!* (Sat)
15:00 DuckTales (Sun)
15:30 Journey of Long (Sat)
16:00 Big Hero 6 (Dub) (Sat) / A Bug's Life (Dub) (Sun)
18:00 Finding Dory (Sat) / Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Sun)
19:00 Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars* (Sun)
20:00 Journey of Long (Sat) / WALL-E (Sun)
20:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Sat)
21:30 Hanging On! (Sat)
22:00 Hanging On! (Sun)
23:00 Rolling Stars*

All times KST (UTC+9). Start time subject to change. * denotes new episode(s).

Here's the actual schedule of DC Korea for this week. Wadda tv's fifth season premiere, scheduled for yesterday, was abruptly canceled.

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2020 - TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2020
00:00 Star Wars: The Clone Wars
04:20 Bizaardvark (Mon)
04:40 Bizaardvark (Tue)
06:30 Vampirina
06:50 Rainbow Ruby (Mon)
07:00 Doc McStuffins (Tue)
07:30 Catch! Teenieping
08:00 Sofia the First
08:30 The Octonauts
09:00 Catch! Teenieping
09:30 The 7D
10:30 Hello Jadoo
12:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
14:00 Hanging On!
15:00 Hello Jadoo
16:00 Monsters, Inc. (Dub) (Mon) / Finding Nemo (Tue)
18:00 The Owl House (* on Mon)
19:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
21:00 The Owl House
22:00 Hanging On!

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2020 - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2020
00:00 Wizards of Waverly Place (Wed) / Muffy and Jemjem (Thu-Fri)
06:30 Puppy Dog Pals
06:50 Play-Doh on Disney Junior (Fri)
07:00 Doc McStuffins (Wed-Thu) / Kiratto Pri Chan* (Fri)
07:20 Play-Doh on Disney Junior (Wed-Thu)
07:30 Catch! Teenieping (Wed-Thu; * on Thu) / Super Wings* (Fri)
08:00 Moana (Wed) / Descendants (Thu) / Zootopia (Fri)
10:00 Aladdin (Wed) / Descendants 2 (Thu) / Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Fri)
11:30 The 7D (Wed)
12:00 Descendants 3 (Thu) / The Owl House (Fri)
13:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Wed)
14:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Thu) / Journey of Long* (Fri)
14:30 Hello Jadoo (Wed)
16:00 Finding Dory (Wed) / Inside Out (Thu) / The Little Mermaid (Fri)
17:30 Frozen (Dub) (Fri)
18:00 Zootopia (Wed) / Wreck-It-Ralph (Dub) (Thu)
19:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Fri)
20:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Wed-Thu) / Moana (Fri)
21:00 Zombies (Wed) / Zombies 2 (Thu)
22:00 Hanging On! (Fri)
23:00 The Owl House

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2020 - SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2020
00:00 Muffy and Jemjem (Sat) / Super Hams Band (Sun)
06:00 Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures*
06:30 Sofia the First
07:00 T.O.T.S.
07:30 Journey of Long
08:00 Tangled (Sat) / Frozen (Dub) (Sun)
10:00 Beauty and the Beast (Sat) / Moana (Sun)
11:30 DuckTales (Sat)
12:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Sun)
13:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Sat) / Hello Jadoo (Sun)
14:30 Hanging On!* (Sat)
15:00 Hanging On! (Sun)
15:30 Journey of Long (Sat)
16:00 Aladdin (Sat) / Up (Sun)
17:30 The Incredibles (Sat)
18:00 Zootopia (Sun)
19:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Sat)
20:00 Wreck-It-Ralph (Dub) / Inside Out (Sun)
22:00 Journey of Long
22:30 Hanging On!

All times KST (UTC+9). Subject to change. * denotes new episode(s).

And here's DC Korea's schedule for next week. Thanks to the Chuseok holiday, which runs from Wednesday to Sunday next week, I divided the weekday schedule into two (Mon-Tue, Wed-Fri) for next week only. Not surprisingly, DC Korea's Chuseok special this year is no different from what it has done during other holidays ― lots of movie repeats, including Descendants and Zombies series, with some Miraculous and others. There are new episodes of The Owl House, Catch! Teenieping, Kiratto Pri Chan, Super Wings, Journey of Long, Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures and Hanging On!.

Last edited:

SpottyBlue

Any 3rd party shows on any international Disney+?

Not counting Disney+ Hotstar.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

RegularCapital

Staff member
The "Heads Up" warnings have appeared on Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior on Virgin Media. It's looking too real now.

Virgin have said they're compensating the loss, with 1,000s of new episodes available on demand, the Hopster app (which requires another subscription I believe), and the introduction of YouTube Kids (which is nice to have on a TV, but YouTube Kids is already free and can be accessed on a mobile device with ease). They're trying to get Disney+ on Virgin, I guess it will appear sometime next year.

More information here: Disney Channels | Virgin Media

vlcsnap-2020-09-25-22h11m03s276.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-25-22h10m10s704.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-25-22h10m25s140.png

This is what Virgin has put in place so far for the loss of the Disney Channels, needless to say, it's rather poor. Instead of wasting money acquiring content to compensate the loss (which already airs on channels such as POP anyway), throw in the subscription kids channels back into the entertainment channels for free, then you have an competitive advantage against Sky especially among families, but nope they'd rather copy Sky. Luckily, I'm in a legacy package so it doesn't affect me yet.

vlcsnap-2020-09-25-22h23m34s367.png

ChickyBro

taiga is great
So The Owl House Grom episode aired yesterday in Southeast Asia. Apparently, they only censored males for LGBT part. Lumity dance, the letter, and Amity's blush were kept intact.

I wonder if it has something to do with this, although the episode was aired on a regional feed.

9754993310ce640bfa10d631b01a664d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

jasonnguyen2606

So The Owl House Grom episode aired yesterday in Southeast Asia. Apparently, they only censored males for LGBT part. Lumity dance, the letter, and Amity's blush were kept intact.

I wonder if it has something to do with this, although the episode was aired on a regional feed.

9754993310ce640bfa10d631b01a664d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think it makes scene now but still kinda stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Francisque

Also, it's confirmed that CBBC and Cbeebies (from Sky themselves) are moving to 607 and 608 in the UK, and apparently 608 and the 609 in Ireland (with RTÉ Jr.on 607), on the 1st of October

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The UK still has 12 kids channels. Virgin really doesn't care that much.

I once heard someone say: Television is bleeding to death and TV providers try to squeeze as much money out of their remaining costumers as possible.
There is a lot of truth to that. So many channels are disappearing, but the price keeps going up.

RegularCapital

Staff member
The UK still has 12 kids channels. Virgin really doesn't care that much.

I once heard someone say: Television is bleeding to death and TV providers try to squeeze as much money out of their remaining costumers as possible.
There is a lot of truth to that. So many channels are disappearing, but the price keeps going up.

Yes, but half of those channels are FTA on other platforms, this has shrunk the subscription kids channels of which people actually pay for by a third.

Francisque

Yes, but half of those channels are FTA on other platforms, this has shrunk the subscription kids channels of which people actually pay for by a third.
Indeed, it is different

Virgin trying to mitigate Disney's closure is slightly better than Sky Italia, with the Disney channels disappearing overnight and no improvement of the offer at all

It might to be early but I wonder @RegularCapital, are you able to record the channels' closures?
Especially Disney Channel and Disney Junior.

Not surprising they aren't doing anything fancy for Disney XD. It might be a historic channel, but under Disney, especially as of recently, it's becoming nothing but a secondary Disney channel.
And, also, with no section dedicated to Disney XD on Disney+ , the brand is in fact dying
"The Owl House" will premiere on Disney XD Poland on January 4th, 2021 (!). I wonder if the channel would still exist in MENA by then: Disney XD program TV na 4 stycznia 2021 - ramówka, emisje

The channel will keep going in MENA+Greece after October 1st

But I'm honestly somehow surprised the channel will keep broadcasting in Poland in 2021!

Perla Magica

Digital Love

RegularCapital

Staff member
Indeed, it is different

Virgin trying to mitigate Disney's closure is slightly better than Sky Italia, with the Disney channels disappearing overnight and no improvement of the offer at all

It might to be early but I wonder @RegularCapital, are you able to record the channels' closures?
Especially Disney Channel and Disney Junior.

Not surprising they aren't doing anything fancy for Disney XD. It might be a historic channel, but under Disney, especially as of recently, it's becoming nothing but a secondary Disney channel.
And, also, with no section dedicated to Disney XD on Disney+ , the brand is in fact dying

The channel will keep going in MENA+Greece after October 1st

But I'm honestly somehow surprised the channel will keep broadcasting in Poland in 2021!

I've set the recordings for the end of Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior. I hope Virgin won't pull the plug early, after all, the last thing on Disney Channel is a movie. Someone is definitely more than likely going to record and upload the final moments.

Disney XD is just a mix of Disney Channel originals and Marvel shows along with some third party programming. These shows can already fit into the existing sections on Disney+ of which people would be looking for shows under those sections anyway. I can see why they've scrapped the brand, it "borrows" from other parts of Disney.

Francisque

Completely agree on Disney XD, it isn't worth it its own section on Disney+

Thanks @RegularCapital

I was thinking, unless their decisions are influenced by the US ones (where the Disney channels are still strong, of course), I kind of can see the Disney channels shutting down in Canada, if Disney wants to stop licencing Corus using the Disney brand, because of DIsney+

RegularCapital

Staff member

Thanks @RegularCapital

I was thinking, unless their decisions are influenced by the US ones (where the Disney channels are still strong, of course), I kind of can see the Disney channels shutting down in Canada, if Disney wants to stop licencing Corus using the Disney brand, because of DIsney+

Corus signed a multi-year agreement (length not mentioned) with Disney back in 2015, so I think when the branding and content licensing deal expires, the channels will close. Another possible thing is that the broadcast licenses expire in August 2022, they might not be renewed, so its possible that they could close the Disney Channels before then. Although most Canadians live in cities, there are also some remote towns and villages, where I would imagine that their internet connection wouldn't be that great and there's a dependency on Satellite TV.

Mc123

Thanks @RegularCapital

Since Disney Channel/Junior/XD are only a week or less away from their US counterpart, there is not much reason for Corus to shut down the channels. Unless Disney stop producing new shows for the network.

However, La chaîne Disney, the French counterpart of DC Canada, would be worth to give the axe. Cause now, it becoming a dumping ground for ended Teletoon shows and non-Disney Junior preschool shows, which they are priorizing more than the last few Disney shows they acquired before 2020. Since this is one of the only few French networks Corus have, it could probably be rebranded into something else they have the French rights of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts