If you controlled G4Techtv ...

RAINMAN

Kikoutei Densetsu
The channle don`t live up to the self proclame name it`s given itself. They say it`s a channel for gamers but that not true at all. They are biased, they are idiots. they talk about the same games over and over again and then theres tommy and kevin.:rolleyes: The people are trying to make VG look cool and it not their thing. VG are fine just the way they are. You don`t need a show on high profile famous start,a retared award show nor a special day for certain games. They created a monster whit that idea. Now everyfanboy will want a special day for their fav games.

Invader_Spooch

RAINMAN said:
The channle don`t live up to the self proclame name it`s given itself. They say it`s a channel for gamers but that not true at all. They are biased, they are idiots. they talk about the same games over and over again and then theres tommy and kevin.:rolleyes: The people are trying to make VG look cool and it not their thing. VG are fine just the way they are. You don`t need a show on high profile famous start,a retared award show nor a special day for certain games. They created a monster whit that idea. Now everyfanboy will want a special day for their fav games.
Why don't we just go back to TechTV and try and forget G4 ever happened?

BrendaBat

WTF!?
I wish the channel wasn't so damn sexist! Its so obviously targeted toward horny 14-year-boys its not even funny. I felt very uncomfortable when I turned on G4TechTV and, while waiting for X-play to come on, was subjected to "Playboy: The Game" day on Cinematech. It made me feel dirty :(

I think its stupid that they keep trying to make video games and gamers seem "hip". Gamers have NEVER been hip. Thats not going to change just because they got D-list celebrities like Carmen Electra, Anna Nicole, and Playboy covergirl of 1995 to show up at G-Phoria. :rolleyes:

If I were put in charge of G4TTV; heres the list of changes I'd make immediately:

Oh,and I'd make new episodes of "Eye drops"
I'd settle for just putting it back on the air! God, I miss that show!

-Fix the whole "aimed at immature young boys" problem so girls could watch without feeling uncomfortable

-If celebrity ass-kissing must be done; it should be interesting celebrities who actually play games! Players could be a fun show if done right.

-I'd leave X-Play and Unscrewed alone. Well, I'd redecorate the X-play set. The current one looks like its being filmed in the ruins of a demolished Ikea showroom. YUCK! >_<

-And, as many people have said already, I'd stop trying to make Screen Savers into a game show. And I'd actually PROMOTE it! Until I looked at this thread, I didn't even know Screen Savers was still on G4TTV! :mad:

-I'd also axe theme days (whoever planned Nintendo DS day should have been fired). Unscrewed isn't a game show; it shouldn't have to do Metal Gear or GTA themed shows. Besides, those big title games get over promoted as it is.

-Get Leo Laporte back. That guy rocked!

-Cancel Judgement Day, Cheat, G4TTV.com, and Arena (why would I watch people play games when I could just play them myself?)

Zyzzybalubah

The Best of Friends
RAINMAN said:
The only thing that makes G4 look good is the Spike VG awards.:sweat:
LOL. For me it's like comparing cow poop to horse poop.

BTW, has anyone else heard the rumor that next year G4TechTV will be renamed back to G4 TV? Pretty much they just bought the channel to get X-Play and Anime Unleashed. :sad: Why didn't they just buy off those shows and save themselves some money.

Nimbleness

Dude I dont even know
Yep, the name's changing. Now that Unscrewed, Pulse, Arena, and Players are cancelled most of the show's that are left are getting completely revamped, and the channel is going to try and put more emphasis on video and PC games rather than tech. Basically they were referring to the only tech related show they have left.

Zyzzybalubah

The Best of Friends
Nimbleness said:
Yep, the name's changing. Now that Unscrewed, Pulse, Arena, and Players are cancelled most of the show's that are left are getting completely revamped, and the channel is going to try and put more emphasis on video and PC games rather than tech. Basically they were referring to the only tech related show they have left.

I love video games, but the fact that they were able to talk about technology as well was cool. The merger was great to me for the first couple months but after Unscrewed was cancelled, it all went downhill from there to me. Only shows I like are Anime Unleashed, X-Play, and Icons, the rest is really boring or just lame celebrity garbage. They're so stupid for cancelling The Pulse and we can pretty much expect The New Screen Savers (aka TSS=This Show Sucks) to be cancelled. I hear Kevin the Host always gets Kevin Rose to answer phone questions (and also heard that he and Sarah look like they hate the show.) Finally they cancelled Arena, a show about watching people play video games, sounds like fun. :p Now why isn't Cheat cancelled officially?

Proto DUDE

The Fonz
Homesick_Alien said:
Patrick and Leo back on. Patrick/Leo > Anyone else (Rose is cool though, hes excluded)
See, Leo lives in the SF Bay Area, where TechTV was. Patrick got married and his wife wanted to stay in SF. That's why they're not there any more.

Wounded_Dragon

Rad Recker said:
Finally they cancelled Arena, a show about watching people play video games, sounds like fun. :p Now why isn't Cheat cancelled officially?
Wait, so they canceled a show with potential (yes, Arena had some potential, they should've tweaked some online playing component) but have yet to cancel Cheat, the most redundant show on G4TechTV? You can get most of these "cheats" over the Internet. And if you don't get the Internet, it's HIGHLY unlikely you'll have G4TechTV. So....why is Cheat still around?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm generally 'eh' about Disney Channel, but I like these idents:

They're fun and colorful. I miss cool brandings like these.
20240618_231715.jpg

I probably haven't actually used my VCRs in a decade but I can't get rid of these things.
Do you think Cartoon Network has lost its' steam, even with the recent series announcements?
Here’s an interesting YouTube channel that I’ve been viewing quite a bit recently. It shows every time a specific song was played in a Looney Tunes short.

Featured Posts