General International TV Channels Thread

sorin96

The Hungarian version of Film Mánia rebranded yesterday at 06:00 CET, this was the 1st rebrand since its 2012 launch.

However the 18+ ident remained with the 2012 branding. It's like Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. keeping the late 2010s brandings in their Hungarian subfeeds. Look at 1:18.
This rebrand it's also on the Romanian version from the launch that was last month

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Another developement regarding this: The Ukrainian Espreso TV, which had been broadcasting on the old BabyTV frequency since 2022, has ceased broadcasting on Hotbird since April 25. I wonder if it is related to the compromise, I hope not as an appeasement of some kind?
The For Life hack group uses Hotbird and 4A to deliver its hacks, so I think there's a correlation. Like I said, tjose two satellites are prone to their attacks.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
In the Netherlands, KRO aired Tracy Beaker from April 6th, 2003 all the way until September 1st, 2008 on Z@ppelin / Z@pp. However, I think they kept airing season 1 and 2. Madness. Was dubbing 60 half-hours too much to ask?

Perla Magica

Digital Love
There's a rumor that probably at the end of 2024 half of TVP channels (Nauka, Dokument, Alfa and Kobieta) might shutdown, and TVP Historia might rebrand as TVP Wiedza (possibly serving as a fusion of Historia, Nauka and Dokument).

Back in February, Daniel Gorgosz, the liquidator of TVP, told "Dziennik Gazeta Prawna" that there were no plans to close, among others, TVP Wilno, TVP Document, TVP Woman, TVP Nauka or Alfa TVP. "First of all, because we cannot do it, because we are bound by the Charter of Duties, which assumes the existence of the above-mentioned channels," he said.
Seeing that TVP has too many channels with the same programs, TV series and other stuff I don't mind riding half of them or fusing some of them.

Also in February, Tomasz Sygut, general director of TVP, said in "Polityka": "TVP has two large channels, thematic channels can easily be reduced by half, while giving them budgets allowing them to produce and order really valuable materials". He also added: "Today we have many logos with almost the same offer. For what?"
That's a GOOD POINT quote.

Reactions: J10

J10

canyuksel97

Kazakhstan's Silk Way TV Has Just Started Broadcasting In Turkish Language.
It Is Accessible Via Silk Way TV's Website And One Of Soundtracks Of This Channel On Satellite.

J10

A deal from Canal+ has been done with WBD, as the channels will be restored, beside launching Max on the platform.

Under this agreement, subscribers to CANAL+ Ciné-Séries, Friends & Family, Intégrale et Rat+ Ciné-Séries offers will also be able to access 10 Warner Bros. thematic channels. Discovery (Discovery Channel, Warner TV, Warner TV Next, CNN, Boomerang, Cartoonito, Cartoon Network, TLC, ID and TCM Cinema).

Also, Sky Italia has terminated all SD channels for good.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
They probably want to make a pan-European channel based on Comedy Central CIS. Today, a promo was released using English text and with a different announcer, and the stand-up show was not translated into Russian

I'm still waiting for new Beavis and Butthead on Paramount Network/SkyShowtime CEE.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation has announced plans to restructure its two diginets.
On June 3rd, ABC TV Plus will become ABC Family, showcasing family-friendly programming (after ABC Kids ends for the day at 7:30 PM (AST)). ABC ME will become ABC Entertains showcasing general entertainment programming with programs aimed at school-aged children during the morning hours.

J10

Double Post:

Sorry for that, but that’s URGENT.

Canal+ will remove Polsat Sport Premium channels from June of next month.

Therefore, a scenario is possible in which Polsat Sport Premium 1 will change into Polsat Sport 4, and Polsat Sport Premium 2 will change into Polsat Sport 5.

Play is still negotiating with Telewizja Polsat. "We are in talks with the broadcaster of Polsat Sport Premium channels regarding further cooperation. We will keep you informed about changes in the offer", said Katarzyna Bonk from the Play press office in an interview with Wirtualnemedia.pl.

Also, Canal+ has its stake rose to 43.57% rather than 42.05%.

OCS after Canal+ takeover.

Last edited:

Insidus

Double Post:

Canal+ will remove Polsat Sport Premium channels from June of next month.

Therefore, a scenario is possible in which Polsat Sport Premium 1 will change into Polsat Sport 4, and Polsat Sport Premium 2 will change into Polsat Sport 5.

Play is still negotiating with Telewizja Polsat. "We are in talks with the broadcaster of Polsat Sport Premium channels regarding further cooperation. We will keep you informed about changes in the offer", said Katarzyna Bonk from the Play press office in an interview with Wirtualnemedia.pl.

Also, Canal+ has its stake rose to 43.57% rather than 42.05%.

OCS after Canal+ takeover.
This explains Canal+ overconfidence over the acquisition of MultiChoice I had to look through Variety to see the terms of the acquisition. But I don't see why legislation would reject the takeover considering MultiChoice is SA based and the clash exists outside South Africa cause it wouldn't be any of their business unless this clash existed within SA.

Insidus

I spoke to WBD a couple months back they're also planning to do a TNT Sports in Africa presume it will be a watered down version of the block seen in the United States. My guess is that it will be filtered on AEW and feature sports documentaries and films.

There goes Canal+ being overconfident again are they really aiming for 50% it will basically be considered a merger which would need approval and with the TRP they'd need them to acquire the remaining shares. A foreign entity can't have this much hold of an SA entity.

Last edited:

J10

I spoke to WBD a couple months back they're also planning to do a TNT Sports in Africa presume it will be a watered down version of the block seen in the United States. My guess is that it will be filtered on AEW and feature sports documentaries and films.
They should use the UK look rather that the US one before they decide on launching it in Africa, which I slowly preferred it and started to accept the branding, after not accepting it after it replaced BT Sport.

J10

Double Post:

Changes on i9:30, months after it got launched.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
In the Netherlands, KRO aired Tracy Beaker from April 6th, 2003 all the way until September 1st, 2008 on Z@ppelin / Z@pp. However, I think they kept airing season 1 and 2. Madness. Was dubbing 60 half-hours too much to ask?
Reminds me, that as late as CN Portugal's launch, not every season of The Garfield Show was dubbed and it was that way for years. Same with Dexter's Laboratory, they didn't bother dubbing seasons 3 and 4 to air on SIC after 2002.

Speaking of SIC, I was told that their dub of Johnny Bravo started with season 2, skipping season 1 entirely. (A Gel for Johnny being the first one) The same thing happened to the Croatian HRT 2 dub.

Insidus

There goes Canal+ being overconfident again are they really aiming for 50% it will basically be considered a merger which would need approval and with the TRP they'd need them to acquire the remaining shares. A foreign entity can't have this much hold of an SA entity.
Something that should be noted, there was rumours a few years back that MultiChoice was looking to separate DStv from Showmax. This had even gone further into a possible sale of the DStv platform I mean Canal+ was mostly interested in their pay-tv endeavors as opposed to streaming and some people following up believed that Canal+ would acquire majority of their assets with a select few remaining with MultiChoice as seen with the Disney-FOX acquisition. But who knows if it were true maybe that changed, Disney was open to selling if not closing their linear channels now they want to keep them as open window for Disney+.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

after youtube NickRewind somehow posting LOT Victorious videos, however just today, the short is Nick preschool podcasts. Don't know if it's permanent

Last May 15 posted Dora's new podcast trailer
The daily experience of going on social media: "Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says 'ooooooo'." "Peter, those are Cheerios."
did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

Featured Posts