"Doom Patrol (Max Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I just hope it's a cool design. The Smallville design did too little and the Justice League design did too. I hope the look is recognizably Cyborg.

I still have no idea what the deal will be with Vic on this show. Will he be an established hero trying to recruit the Doom Patrol for help or will he be another person coming in to be worked on by the Chief?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

the greenman

So a 3 week gap of no new content after the first half of YJ finishes on January 25. I think so far that's the most among the series.
Honestly, that's fine for me. I myself have more than enough content to tide me over.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
December 21st:
First look at Cyborg and first look at Crazy Jane. Also confirmation the show premieres on February 15th.
Well, that's definitely a different look for Cyborg :sweat:.

I appreciate it looks more like the character then the Smallville version, although it definitely looks like Cyborg on a TV budget :ack:.
That's definitely a Doom Patrol promo ;).
December 23rd:
A new report says the show was already renewed for a 2nd Season.
I wonder if this is another "spinning one season into two" :p?

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I honestly like the approach to Cyborg so far. Personally, I like when he's shown to have retained about half of his human body and isn't pushed to the limit as much as Robotman or RoboCop, where he practically has a fully technological body except for his human head. The tracksuit doesn't look too different from the sort of athletic wear Vic would be shown in when he would be incognito. I've liked the approachs to the DP main three so far and I'm having no problem with everything else that has been shown.

TheLemsterPju

I honestly like the approach to Cyborg so far. Personally, I like when he's shown to have retained about half of his human body and isn't pushed to the limit as much as Robotman or RoboCop, where he practically has a fully technological body except for his human head. The tracksuit doesn't look too different from the sort of athletic wear Vic would be shown in when he would be incognito. I've liked the approachs to the DP main three so far and I'm having no problem with everything else that has been shown.

In the New52/Rebirth continuity, he's able to regenerate his flesh to some degree thanks to his tech.

It's possible that he could have been more robotic beforehand like Ray Fisher's version of the character, but grew more organic material around his metal skin at some point.

Also, for the sake of continuity, will Timothy Dalton have the same accent as the previous Chief actor?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

after youtube NickRewind somehow posting LOT Victorious videos, however just today, the short is Nick preschool podcasts. Don't know if it's permanent

Last May 15 posted Dora's new podcast trailer
The daily experience of going on social media: "Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says 'ooooooo'." "Peter, those are Cheerios."
did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

Featured Posts