"Doom Patrol (Max Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Deadline has an article about the Doom Patrol panel at TCA.
“DC has made a decision, quite smartly, to separate the cinematic world and the television world,” Schecter says. She adds that in the comics, there are multiple versions of different characters — like Cyborg.
Wade points out that there is the CW universe and the DC universe and these different iteration allows us to live in in a world we haven’t seen “It’s a different version of any other version and an opportunity for me to have my take on it,” Wade says of Cyborg. “It’s an earlier cyborg — he’s coming into his powers and a long way off to the Justice League. There’s a distinction between this version others.”
When it comes to adhering to the comics, Carver, who also serves as showrunner, says “The show is dipping into different versions of the Doom Patrol over the years.” He continues to say that the series is “a great jumping off point is the Grant Morrison comics and the Silver Age.” He also teases that certain characters from the comics such as the Beard Hunter, Celsius, Lodestone, and Danny the Street are coming to the series. Members of the Doom Patrol made their first live-action appearance in the fourth episodes of Titans, but Carver says that it will have elements introduced, but will still maintain its own continuity.
In the sizzle reel of highlights from DC Universe’s forthcoming comic series, we hear a voiceover say “This is what the world looks like when we try to live in it.” The series parallels Marvel’s X-Men and is about outcasts saving a world that doesn’t accept them — a theme that speaks to today’s cultural climate. When it comes to distinguishing this ragtag group of superhero misfits from other DC properties, Fraser explained it best by punctuating the panel saying, “This ain’t the Justice League.”

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, this is a Doom Patrol show :cool:.

Looks like Matt Bomer's Larry Trainor shares more with him then dashing good looks and a smooth voice :sweat:.

Oh hey, we finally see the Negative being! Kinda weird to see it as more electricity then a dark shadow thing, but I get what they're going for :).

Huh, looks like they're adapting one aspect of Cyborg's origin in the Justice League movie that got cut (where he was partialy responsible for his accident and his mother's death) :ack:.

Looks like he's working closely with Silas though :confused:.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Yeah, its surprising seeing Vic working with Silas, given how shaky their relationship always is but there could be reasons for that. I love that they got Phil Morris though. They are really painting the DP as heavily flawed characters before their insane life changing accidents and I'm liking it so far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

after youtube NickRewind somehow posting LOT Victorious videos, however just today, the short is Nick preschool podcasts. Don't know if it's permanent

Last May 15 posted Dora's new podcast trailer
The daily experience of going on social media: "Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says 'ooooooo'." "Peter, those are Cheerios."
did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

Featured Posts