Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Mandouga

...yeah. I just looked it up on Google, and after reading the description on Melissa's website, 29 Dates doesn't sound like a Disney kind of a production. This sounds more like something that would air on ABC in prime time. Just saying.

the greenman

This is what I want out of diversity. I don't like it when companies hijack something and put a new face. It's disrespectful to the original creators, unless there's a reason and rationale behind it. Everyone should know "The Shawshank Redemption" film controversy, which wasn't really controversial at all.

Diversity begins just like this, the creators first. Then those adapting the material.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Joe Earley is marketing chief.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I still want answers on what the heck is in store for the future of Marvel Animation since Disney XD will be gone this must be the new home for it right?

Chevistian C

Last edited:

Chevistian C

Some Details on the plataform revealed on The Walt Disney Company's Earnings Call

-Disney+ Preview on April 11,After The Q1 Of The Walt Disney Company

-Rumored Live Action Series about a divorced LGBTQ couple and her daughter called: Four Dads

- New Movie The Grimm Legacy by Walt Disney Pictures

- Disney to Forgo $150 Million in Fiscal 2019 as it Prepares to Launch Disney+

- Disney will also incur significant expenses in launching Disney Plus and creating original content for the platform.
-Every part of Disney will create exclusive content for Disney+

- Disney+ will not have 100% Disney content , The Mouse & The Luckiest Rabbit also said they will try to invest in original content from other companies a example is Diary From A Female President from CBS

TheMisterManGuy

I'm wondering how Disney's going to handle separating the family friendly content from the more mature stuff on this service. Disney's taking a big risk if they're going to just let everything run under the Disney name. Maybe they might split the service into three specially branded segments for different audiences.

TheMisterManGuy

The same way Netflix does it.

Disney isn't Netflix though. The Disney Brand is heavily associated with Family entertainment, or at least entertainment that won't upset parents or young kids. Disney has historically gone to great lengths to mask their name behind alternative labels and divisions for more mature content, see TouchStone, Miramax, ABC, FreeForm, you could even argue Marvel to an extent. It just seems weird that they're just going to essentially let everything run through kid-friendly or not, under the Disney name with this service.

If Disney still wants to protect its name, they're going to have to get creative with how they brand different sections of the service.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
If they have a "Marvel corner", a "Star Wars corner" and a "National Geographic corner", people will think of Marvel, Star Wars and and National Geographic, not Walt Disney Studios. You are really overthinking this. Disney has already had violent movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and Deadpool and nobody cared.

When Disney Channel launched here in 2009, the mainstream found it rather weird to see all those sitcoms. The change didn't happen gradually, no, BAM, in one day we had all of these new sitcoms! Hannah Montana and J.O.N.A.S. (etc.) felt very un-Disney. Many people here grew up with the classic Walt Disney shorts. But it didn't take long to get used to sitcoms being a part of Disney. I think most people also already consider Marvel to be a part of Disney.

People are more flexible than you think. The mainstream is not like an 80s fanbase.

Last edited:

MarshalGrover

Disney isn't Netflix though. The Disney Brand is heavily associated with Family entertainment, or at least entertainment that won't upset parents or young kids. Disney has historically gone to great lengths to mask their name behind alternative labels and divisions for more mature content, see TouchStone, Miramax, ABC, FreeForm, you could even argue Marvel to an extent. It just seems weird that they're just going to essentially let everything run through kid-friendly or not, under the Disney name with this service.

If Disney still wants to protect its name, they're going to have to get creative with how they brand different sections of the service.

On Netflix, there is a specific "Kids" account for users with a child-friendly look that hosts the child-friendly content. Disney can do the same thing.

TheMisterManGuy

On Netflix, there is a specific "Kids" account for users with a child-friendly look that hosts the child-friendly content. Disney can do the same thing.
Sure, but the more adult sections of the service might need to go under different names if Disney still wants its main brand to maintain its family image.

Chevistian C

Sure, but the more adult sections of the service might need to go under different names if Disney still wants its main brand to maintain its family image.

It will probably be two sections MARVEL+ & STAR WARS+ as for FOX films most all of them will be on Hulu except the PG & G ones like Anastasia,Fat Albert,Garlfield 1& 2. & Blue Sky's whole library

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.

Featured Posts