Warner Bros. Discovery News & Discussion Thread

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
News, everyone.

According to The Media Mix (themediamix.co -- I can't link to it because it's behind a paywall), Warner Bros. Discovery is quietly telling some of their managers to hit pause on hiring, stating that there's a "start date pause" with no new employees coming on board before April.

This is notable because April 8th is the date that Warner can officially execute mergers and acquisitions activity as the tax provisions of the Reverse Morris Trust that created WBD expire; that's only 13 weeks away.

Rumor has it that they could be waiting to go forward with this proposed merger with Paramount and/or a possible selling of CNN. Sources say that the company met today in LA to discuss their 2024 strategy, with another round of catch-up meetings with senior divisional leaders.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
News, everyone.

According to The Media Mix (themediamix.co -- I can't link to it because it's behind a paywall), Warner Bros. Discovery is quietly telling some of their managers to hit pause on hiring, stating that there's a "start date pause" with no new employees coming on board before April.

This is notable because April 8th is the date that Warner can officially execute mergers and acquisitions activity as the tax provisions of the Reverse Morris Trust that created WBD expire; that's only 13 weeks away.

Rumor has it that they could be waiting to go forward with this proposed merger with Paramount and/or a possible selling of CNN. Sources say that the company met today in LA to discuss their 2024 strategy, with another round of catch-up meetings with senior divisional leaders.
Even after April 8th, there’s no way there will be a Paramount/WBD merger. Goldstar said it best. There is the opportunity, however, for Paramount and WBD (and most likely NBCUniversal too, so they aren’t left behind in the streaming era) to merge their streaming services into a joint-venture to compete with Netflix and Disney+.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What does that mean when he is selling his company's shares?
It isn't bad. More often than not, a CEO selling their company's shares is how they get their compensation. CEOs tend to be paid largely in shares for tax reasons (being paid in stocks and dividends lowers their tax burden) and they have scheduled selling dates planned out for months. Their stock market accounts are basically a savings account. The sale is never supposed to be based on things they learn about in a board meeting that isn’t public knowledge otherwise that delves into illegal insider trading.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Warner Bros Discovery is planning a New York Upfront Event for May 15th.

According to the article, WBD seems to be planning to plug their streaming platforms over their linear ones.

Last edited:

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Let's hope that WBD doesn't have the brilliant idea of selling it to another party that turns it into a true crime channel just for be closed at the end! (I'm totally not referring to truTV UK, nope :'))
Heh Tru UK was something.... alright it never stood a chance.

Moe

2/13:The Phone Company pretty much wiped out Tru TV but apparently it had a show still going but they've ended Tacoma FD. ‘Tacoma FD’ Canceled After Four Seasons at TruTV
I missed TruTV when they aired towing shows, also they aired police and jail shows as well. If original TruTV was around, so there would be Denver Tow and whoa, Linus ran to protect his car while guy attempted to tow for parking violation. Tow bill is expensive as Comcast cable TV subscription.

Let's hope that WBD doesn't have the brilliant idea of selling it to another party that turns it into a true crime channel just for be closed at the end! (I'm totally not referring to truTV UK, nope :'))
I admitted that I was jealous of TruTV UK because they retained original with police and jail shows while TruTV US got revamped to become a comedy channel in 2014, so they cancelled all towing shows.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I missed TruTV when they aired towing shows, also they aired police and jail shows as well. If original TruTV was around, so there would be Denver Tow and whoa, Linus ran to protect his car while guy attempted to tow for parking violation. Tow bill is expensive as Comcast cable TV subscription.
Lol.

I came in to watching the channel when they flipped to the stranger comedy stuff.

Moe

Lol.

I came in to watching the channel when they flipped to the stranger comedy stuff.
I started to watch Court TV in early 2000s with my dad when they aired police shows and TruTV transitioned to more comedy after 2008 and completely in 2014. I wasn't interested in court show when I had language deprivation and unable to understand the dialogues, so it didn't get better until I took remedial courses at college. Finally, I'm able to understand almost everything now.

I'm more of dramatic than sitcom, and as for sitcom, that depends on my mood.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
A lot of old WB movies on DVD/BR have the "Warner Night at the Movies" program that allows the viewer to watch a bunch of shorts before the main feature.

TCM should air these on their network each night. It would be similar to the FX program DVD on TV.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
It looks like that proposed Warner Discovery/Paramount merger is a no-go.

In other news, WB Pictures Animation is bringing in some new hires.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
If that live-action Jonny Quest movie gets off the ground it should be PG-13 to maximize revenue.

It can be followed by a TV series co-produced by Greg Berlanti for CBS that has a two-part episode serving as a reunion telefilm for the MacGyver reboot.

A PG-13 Quest would break new ground as the first mature-oriented Hanna-Barbera adaptation that isn't a parody or a crossover.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
In New Zeland , Warner Bros. Discovery has proposed wiping out all of Three's News Hub programming , this would also include the 5:30pm news on Sky Open.

3/26: They've made 3 more FAST channels, that have first premiered on Pluto TV interestingly,
  • WBTV Home Crashers
  • WBTV Ultimate Builds
  • WBTV Rustic Retreats
Home Crashers mostly airs HGTV's House Crashers, which makes names confusing
Ultimate Builds airs old Destination America shows
Rustic Retreats airs old DIY Network, HGTV, Destination America shows

They actually added at 4th - Medical Incredible

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If I had a nickel for every time a Netflix preschool show had a same sex wedding, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's cool that it happened twice. I'm referring to Ada Twist Scientist and Princess Power by the way.
I recently decided that I will be covering a really bad children's cartoon that's been on my radar for a while over on my blog. I can't really talk about it on here because of this show's nature, but I'm bored enough and I think someone needs to analyze the show I'm talking about and yank it apart.
Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam.
Can one of the moderators here update the media embedding tool, so X can be one of the approved websites?
Well, Disney's Primos has apparently been delayed again with no announced release date, and of course the YT trolls are talking victory laps. I hope the show hasn't been permanently shelved; I don't want the haters to win.

Featured Posts