Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetellyweb

TellyToon
Boomerang EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) Press Release: Dive into the world of your favourite cartoons with Boomerang Playtime!: FREE to download TODAY from App Store and Google Play:

Looney Tunes Cartoons premieres on Boomerang UK on 7th June at 6pm:

Sounds promising. Though considering the fact that no plans are being made for a HBO Max UK, due to the dealership with BSkyB, what's their plan? Just show the series on Boomerang, or will they all be available on-demand round the same time?
HBO Max in the US offers all the shorts to watch anytime, and currently a new batch have been added, making who knows what in total.
Services like NOW TV in the UK however, don't really have a system, and tend to do a poor job in handling kids stuff. In the past, I've seen new shows just have a couple episodes up, not even ones premiered for people to catch-up. They put them with a time-limit, usually a week or so before being taken off. A few shows are available in seasons, but a majority of them only offer a short amount of episodes usually being just the first 7 or 20 episodes (which is a loss for watching shows like Xiaolin Showdown or the original Teen Titans) or even just one-off episodes uploaded for occasional reasons.

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

Daffy Duck. Can. Not. Be. Fooled.
The more Looney Tunes Cartoons spreads internationally, the better!!!!

So far, the following premiere dates have been announced or already happened:
- Australia and New Zeeland: premiered already this April
- Nordic countries: 17th May
- UK and CEE: 7th July
- Asia and Pakistan: coming soon

so yeah, things are getting better for this series, especially on the parts of the world where HBO Max wasn't panned or didn't launch yet. It's obvious this was never planned as an HBO Max exclusive!

Meanwhile, I have to say that Boomerang CEE has finally restructured their continuities. Ever since this month I noticed they got rid of the top hour slots, well not really but now they are putting a normal 5-minutes break after every first episode of the respective hourly series and a very short continuity follows after the final episode and before the next series. The subfeeds have commercials while for the raw feeds, they are still only stuck with the uninspired random clips but they are not like 6 per break anymore. Whatever the case, the 15-minutes long break is officially gone, which is something that shouldn't have happened for a consistent schedule. They also made new bumpers that announce to stay tuned for the next part of the episode.

They should also stop with the hourly schedules on feeds like CN Germany and RSEE, so it doesn't make much sense now to keep them. Plus, if CN CEE didn't adopt it yet, for sure they wouldn't do it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool_Cat

For around 5 years Boomerang IT always did a pop up channel in June, usually to premiere a new series or new episodes.

It could be they'll premiere the Looney Tunes Cartoons series this June.

To those who want to know if the schedule changed, it's even more trash than last month.

Moleoman

Boomerang Germany continuities from January 2008. It looks like they originally put the "Later" in the same place as Boomerang Pan-Euro - after the last promo:

thetellyweb

TellyToon
I want the british boomerang to air the classics
Right now on the UK feed they re added in rotation the shorts which didn't have an HD master at the time they got them. Maybe they'll do something when the new series premieres.
Last instance they ran old shorts were roughly a year ago. They would play Bugs and Daffy after a movie during the summer, but only for a couple weeks.

Classic Looney Tunes are available On-Demand on places like Virgin, Sky and NOW TV, but I don't think they're in any particular order. Also, some are censored, as these are taken from the recent HD masters given to Boomerang. Here's the NOW TV link.

Same goes for Tom & Jerry classics. They are in release order, but are also censored, and some episodes are omitted.

No confirmation on the schedule yet. Highlights for June do confirm some of the Looney Tune movies will come back, most notably Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island and Bugs Bunny's 1001 Rabbit Tales.
Those two and several others are also getting DVD releases in the UK for the first time, as listings are up on Amazon. These are clearly to tie-in with the new Space Jam movie.

ANYWAY, in terms of classics in general, there appears to be none available on any streaming platforms. HBO Max won't get a UK Launch as they made an exclusivity deal with Sky, but that mainly concerns their original programmes. They could launch a Boomerang app in the UK, but nothing on that (probably isn't a market for it right now). There are some H-B classics available, but you can only buy off Amazon Video, iTunes and Google Play.

Walker

The more Looney Tunes Cartoons spreads internationally, the better!!!!

So far, the following premiere dates have been announced or already happened:
- Australia and New Zeeland: premiered already this April
- Nordic countries: 17th May
- UK and CEE: 7th July
- Asia and Pakistan: coming soon

so yeah, things are getting better for this series, especially on the parts of the world where HBO Max wasn't panned or didn't launch yet. It's obvious this was never planned as an HBO Max exclusive!

Meanwhile, I have to say that Boomerang CEE has finally restructured their continuities. Ever since this month I noticed they got rid of the top hour slots, well not really but now they are putting a normal 5-minutes break after every first episode of the respective hourly series and a very short continuity follows after the final episode and before the next series. The subfeeds have commercials while for the raw feeds, they are still only stuck with the uninspired random clips but they are not like 6 per break anymore. Whatever the case, the 15-minutes long break is officially gone, which is something that shouldn't have happened for a consistent schedule. They also made new bumpers that announce to stay tuned for the next part of the episode.

They should also stop with the hourly schedules on feeds like CN Germany and RSEE, so it doesn't make much sense now to keep them. Plus, if CN CEE didn't adopt it yet, for sure they wouldn't do it now.
Looney Tunes Cartoons coming soon airing in Boomerang Turkey.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
No confirmation on the schedule yet. Highlights for June do confirm some of the Looney Tune movies will come back, most notably Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island and Bugs Bunny's 1001 Rabbit Tales.
Those two and several others are also getting DVD releases in the UK for the first time, as listings are up on Amazon. These are clearly to tie-in with the new Space Jam movie.
After many years of being limited to TV releases and digital purchases......are these films finally releasing on DVD in the UK?

thetellyweb

TellyToon
After many years of being limited to TV releases and digital purchases......are these films finally releasing on DVD in the UK?
There's a range of DVDs released in July, with some existing releases getting new covers.
The listings for these new releases say they are PAL, and have the BBFC icons on the front (not rated yet).
These are pretty much the same ones released in the US.
The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie
Daffy Duck's Fantastic Movie
Daffy Duck's Quackbusters
Tweety's High-Flying Adventure
Marvin the Martian's Space Tunes (not a film, just a compilation DVD never previously released)

Cool_Cat

I see many old SD masters on Now TV. My Little Duckaroo is the copy aired on CN France though.

EDIT: My curiosity went so far I started a free trial there, and they're the censored HD copies used in the UK, but with the thumbnails taken from the French SD masters.

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

Boomerang Nordic June 2021 weekdays schedule: Includes new series of Looney Tunes Cartoons.

06:00 Mr Bean
06:20 Looney Tunes Cartoons
06:35 The Tom and Jerry Show
07:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
07:25 What's New Scooby-Doo?
07:45 Mr Bean
08:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
08:35 Taffy
09:00 Be Cool Scooby-Doo
09:45 Mr Bean
10:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
11:00 Taffy
12:00 Tom and Jerry Tales
13:00 Be Cool Scooby-Doo
13:45 The Tom and Jerry Show
13:55 Taffy
14:45 Mush Mush and the Mushables
15:00 Looney Tunes Cartoons
15:20 Kingdom Force
15:40 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
16:05 The Tom and Jerry Show
16:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
17:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
17:20 Mr Bean
17:40 The Boss Baby: Back in Business
18:00 Looney Tunes Cartoons
18:25 Kingdom Force
19:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
19:45 The Tom and Jerry Show
20:00 Taffy
20:40 Be Cool Scooby-Doo
21:00 Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
21:45 Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs
21:55 Taffy
22:15 Mighty Mike
22:40 What's New Scooby-Doo?
23:20 The Looney Tunes Show
23:45 New Looney Tunes
00:00-05:00 Pat the Dog / Grizzy and the Lemmings
05:00 Taffy

RegularCapital

Staff member
Not sure if it was already reported here, but Boomerang France will be premiering Looney Tunes Cartoons on June 26.

According to a video that Boomerang France uploaded and was suddenly made unavailable, it says that 9th June is the premiere date.

Walker

Boomerang Turkey: first episode of Looney Tunes Cartoon will be shown on Monday, June 7th at 18:55 (replay at 22:40).
- It will be shown every weekday at 13:05 - 18:55 and 22:40 (new episodes).
- Showing on weekends at 16:50 and 20:35 (repeat episodes)

thetellyweb

TellyToon
According to a video that Boomerang France uploaded and was suddenly made unavailable, it says that 9th June is the premiere date.

Perhaps it was originally planned for June 9th, but they had to push it to a later date. They've done it with other delayed premieres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Featured Posts