Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 4.0

Markus Nelis

CZ still isn't fully localized! :(
You will never get your own feed. Sorry but the way I see it, we will see more merging in the future as it's much easier to manage the channels that way and it's much cheaper. Nordics have already seen Disney Channel merged with Africa. I don't doubt that Cartoonito Nordic will be fully merged with CEE in the late 20s. We have everything textless outside of the "HELT NY" added to promos. To me that sounds logical. Both feeds pretty much air the same shows outside of Cocomelon which isn't on the Nordic schedule

Francisque

All CEE feeds did that actually since they share the same channel
I know, I was being ironic there lol
It's just that he seems to have forgotten about the channel having been shut down :D
You will never get your own feed. Sorry but the way I see it, we will see more merging in the future as it's much easier to manage the channels that way and it's much cheaper. Nordics have already seen Disney Channel merged with Africa. I don't doubt that Cartoonito Nordic will be fully merged with CEE in the late 20s. We have everything textless outside of the "HELT NY" added to promos. To me that sounds logical. Both feeds pretty much air the same shows outside of Cocomelon which isn't on the Nordic schedule
I think he was thinking more of all programmes, continuity dubbed = localization?

He knows I think they'll never get a properly localized feed for Cartoonito, I mean, not even CN there is

ROToon Alt

I know, I was being ironic there lol
It's just that he seems to have forgotten about the channel having been shut down :D

I think he was thinking more of all programmes, continuity dubbed = localization?

He knows I think they'll never get a properly localized feed for Cartoonito, I mean, not even CN there is
With so many tracks in Cartoonito CEE....I doubt it.
And CN CEE...we ask too much from them

Francisque

They MIGHT think about turning Cartoonito Nordic into a kind an ad-free Cartoonito CEE for Russian-speaking territories (well, excluding Russia), Scandinavia and so on, but i don't know, WBD (as Turner, later WB) as always been less merged and more locally differentiated than Paramount, which has always been more of a mess, but maybe, with cost-cutting measures, things might well change in the future.

However, that would solve the annoying fillers situation (lasting something like 5 minutes) where the channel operates with no advertising, especially for Scandinavia.

As for the language tracks: adding another track or two, while costly, is no hard task, even if they already have many languages operating within one channel.

J10

He wants the audio to fully be dubbed, including the promos.

For feed merger, other companies like Paramount and Disney merged the feeds (e.g. MTV Hits and VH1 (Now called MTV 00s) in Latin America and Disney for the Nordics and before that, the Baltics, because of Allente removing Disney in the Nordics), so why not WBD follow them at an earlier time than the late 20s, as still the companies won't return the channels back to Russia, and it's necessary for the merger to be done by this time.

What WBD done was that they changed managements after one year and having a random one (France, Benelux, and Africa joining GAS/DACH countries, and not splitting the role of the market to parts, nor putting Nordics with DACH countries), since Branco has left WBD, but as of this quote, these decisions shouldn't affect the management of the channels.
I'm almost sure these shouldn't affect too much the management of channels.

E.g. likely the CEE channels will continue to look "German"

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Yeah, nevermind the promos lol, there are still shows in english too and i just find that bizarre. Like, that is something that shouldn't be happening. Maybe 10-20% of content. The promos I can forgive, albeit I shouldn't since other tracks have dubbed promos, but this after two years? I can't. It's a perfect example of poor both internal and external communication.

Markus Nelis

Boomerang France November 2023 weekday schedule. As mentioned, this is surprisingly good now when we discuss about this feed.

06:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
06:45 Grizzy and the Lemmings
08:00 Mr Magoo
08:30 Moka
09:00 Mighty Mike
09:30 The Tom and Jerry Show
10:15 Looney Tunes Cartoons
11:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
12:00 Trollstopia
12:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
13:30 Moka
14:00 Mighty Mike
14:30 Mr Bean
15:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
15:30 Little Nicolas
15:50 Looney Tunes Cartoons
16:30 Moka
17:15 The Jungle Bunch to the Rescue
18:15 Mr Magoo
19:00 Mr Bean
19:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
20:45 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
21:45 What's New Scooby-Doo?
22:35 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
23:15 Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
23:55 The Tom and Jerry Show
00:45 Tom and Jerry Tales
01:30 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
02:15 What's New Scooby-Doo?
03:00 Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
03:40 Grizzy and the Lemmings
04:40 Looney Tunes Cartoons
05:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
05:25 Rabbids Invasion
05:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
05:40 The Adventures of Little Penguin
05:50 Grizzy and the Lemmings

Markus Nelis

Boomerang UK November 2023 weekday schedule

Seems like Mr Bean airs more now than the usual Scooby-Doo. Interesting.

06:00 Mr Bean
06:30 Looney Tunes Cartoons
06:45 Mr Bean
07:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
07:30 Tom and Jerry in New York
08:00 Mr Bean
08:15 Looney Tunes Cartoons
08:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
09:00 Mr Bean
10:00 What's New Scooby-Doo?
11:00 Mush-Mush and the Mushables
11:30 Moley
12:00 Be Cool Scooby-Doo!
12:30 New Looney Tunes
13:00 The Looney Tunes Show
14:00 Mr Bean
14:30 Ninjago
15:00 Looney Tunes Cartoons
15:30 Mr Bean
16:00 Grizzy and the Lemmings
16:30 Tom and Jerry in New York
17:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
17:30 Looney Tunes Cartoons
18:00 Mr Bean
18:30 Ninjago
19:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
19:30 Looney Tunes Cartoons
20:00 Mr Bean
20:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
21:00 Mr Bean
21:30 Mush-Mush and the Mushables
02:00 Mr Bean
03:10 Mush-Mush and the Mushables
05:00 Moley

thetellyweb

TellyToon
Boomerang's Christmas schedule this year is similar to CN UK, but both are lacking a lot of holiday specials as usual.

Their weekend consists of Mr Bean from 11:00 til 17:00, while some christmas/wintery episodes are shown from 07:00 til 11:00, and 18:00 til 20:00. Boomerang Cinema is at 09:00 and 17:00.

And a majority of episodes are just winter themed and one-offs. For instance, they're showing only one of the two Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries episodes (Feather Christmas/A Fist Full of Lutefisk)

Markus Nelis

This is Boomerang France schedule to kick off 2024 on January 1:

06:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
06:40 Mr Bean
07:15 Grizzy and the Lemmings
08:00 Mr Magoo
08:30 The Boss Baby: Baby Back in Business
09:30 Mr Bean / Mr Magoo
10:30 Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase
12:00 Grizzy and the Lemmings
13:00 Moka
13:30 Adventures of Little Penguin
14:00 Mr Bean
14:30 Looney Tunes Cartoons
15:15 The Looney Tunes Show
16:30 What's New Scooby-Doo?
17:15 Mr Bean
18:25 Mr Magoo
19:00 Mr Bean
19:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
20:50 Be Cool Scooby-Doo!
21:45 What's New Scooby-Doo?
22:35 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
23:15 Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
23:55 The Tom and Jerry Show
00:45 Tom and Jerry Tales
01:30 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
02:15 What's New Scooby-Doo?
03:00 Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
03:40 Grizzy and the Lemmings
04:40 Looney Tunes Cartoons
04:50 Mr Bean
05:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
05:25 Rabbids Invasion

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If I had a nickel for every time a Netflix preschool show had a same sex wedding, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's cool that it happened twice. I'm referring to Ada Twist Scientist and Princess Power by the way.
I recently decided that I will be covering a really bad children's cartoon that's been on my radar for a while over on my blog. I can't really talk about it on here because of this show's nature, but I'm bored enough and I think someone needs to analyze the show I'm talking about and yank it apart.
Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam.
Can one of the moderators here update the media embedding tool, so X can be one of the approved websites?
Well, Disney's Primos has apparently been delayed again with no announced release date, and of course the YT trolls are talking victory laps. I hope the show hasn't been permanently shelved; I don't want the haters to win.

Featured Posts