Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New CGI MTV Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vin

Hi!
Originally posted by John-Paul
What was your fave Spiderman series?

It's hard to pass judgement about the new CGI series - when it hasn't even premiered yet. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Barb Gordon

Nin-Mod
I always watched the 90's version, and I liked it a lot. So I voted for it, hehe. I saw the ultimate spiderman man one a few times, and I wasn't too fond of it compared to the older one.

Barb^-^

Leaping Larry Jojo

Searching for a map
The original 60's version, without a doubt. While the more sophisticated viewer will choose Fox's 90's animated series, the limited animation, hippy-trippy visuals and quirky music in the 60's one can't be beat, in my book.

Jedi Knight

Master of the Force
The 90s series was the best by far. Maybe the best animated superhero show ever (though Batman was awesome too).

Before the 90s show, I didn't even know Spiderman's real identity! I watched ONE episode when it was in reruns and I was hooked forever. Can't wait for the movie.

batboy2001

Spider Jerusalem
Lol, nobody voted for "unlimited". I would have to say the 90s FOX one. That may change once I SEE the new one... Didn't know it was gunna be CGI, this could be very good, or very bad, "thinks of max steele). Though, isn't mainfrae doing it? Or am I way off base?

James

Administrator
Staff member
The 90's/Amazing Friends/60's... all for different reasons!

The 90's had the most accurate story lines..
The 60's was the most funky!
Amazing Friends because it was nice to see Spidey with Pals..!

90's was the most accurate interpretation if thats you're point!

Auggie Doggie

Timmy Turner
For me, it's a tie between the 90's FOX version and the "Amazing Friends" version. However I voted for the AF version.

Here are the advantages for each series:

Amazing Friends:
*Paried up with other superb shows on NBC's Sat. AM block, like Smurfs and Alvin and the Chipmunks, even though it was before my time.
*The "AMAZING FRIENDS" were X-Men Iceman and Firestar, OTHER MARVEL PROPERITES! SURPRISE!

90's version:
*Excellent animation
*From my time
*Brilliant Eps
*Had voiceover superstars.

Zoddman

Made for your pleasure
None of the poll series. The best Spider-Man series was the short-lived 80's syndicated cartoon that was produced by the same troup that worked on Amazing Friends. The stories were dead-on to the early Lee-Ditko and Romita Sr. stories. Unfortunately, it only lasted twenty or so episodes, because of budget and that Amazing Friends needed the attenton. :(

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
I loved Spider-Man Unlimited because it was something unique to watch (even tho it did take a lot from Batman Beyond - another fave series of mine) but Fox never gave this show the time of day. It came in second to Pokemon and had strong ratings but was a victim of Digi-death (a main reason why i despise Digimon). That said, given another season I think this show could have surpassed the 90's series but it was never given that chance so the 90's version wins, hands down. I remember watching this show pretty much everyday, even the re-runs never seemed to get old. Plus it alwasys seemed to have the best hour blocks - Batman/Spider-Man hour and then the Spider-Man/Magician hour. The Magician, another great show fallen victim to the evil that was Digimon.

-Joe!

Mattashell

Before punk,there were NUGGETS
It was a hard pick, but I voted for the 60's

Here's a few you missed:

"Amazing Spider-Man, The" (1978)
The live action show

"Spider-Man" (1981)
Sort of a remake of the 1967 version and imediate predecessor to "Amazing Friends", I think it used the 60's theme song

and of course "The Electric Company"
HEY YOU GUYS

See http://www.pazsaz.com/ for more details.

Matta

Zoddman

Made for your pleasure
Originally posted by Mattashell
"Spider-Man" (1981)
Sort of a remake of the 1967 version and imediate predecessor to "Amazing Friends", I think it used the 60's theme song
Yeah, that's the one I was talking about.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts