"Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
2/20: Comments from Michael Keaton at IGN Fan Fest, he and Tim Burton agreed early on that if they were to return to make a new Beetlejuice movie, it would not use of much CGI. "I was totally not interested in doing something where there was too much technology."

2/23: Jenna Ortega comments on portraying Lydia's daughter Astrid.

2/25: New logline posted:
After an unexpected family tragedy, three generations of the Deetz family return to the small Vermont town of Winter River. Paranormal empath, Lydia Deetz, begins to see the lecherous demon Beetlejuice, who haunted her as a teenager. His plans to finally marry Lydia are given extra urgency when his dead wife comes to life and begins to stalk the Afterlife hunting for him. Meanwhile, Lydia’s teenage daughter embarks on a romance with a local teen

3/14: On Kimmel, Keaton hinted the movie will reveal some backstory on Beetlejuice.

Last edited:

Pooky

Staff member
Wonder if this will be playing in front of the new Ghostbusters? I know they're from different studios, but would make a lot of sense.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I'm wondering if Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis will have a surprise cameo, reprising their roles as the Maitlands?
Probably not. Geena Davis explained in an interview that the film's producers would need to provide an in-universe explanation for why the Maitlands would look older when ghosts aren't supposed to age. Although they could use that de-aging technology to make them look as young as they were in the first movie.

Mandouga

…and they’re able to do that too, since it’s a public domain song (it already existed before Harry Belafonte recorded it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandouga

“Neitherworld” was never used in the original movie (it was only used in the TV show). Is it being used in this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mejo

I am The Hunter! *blows horn*
Really hoping that this movie will be good but I have some doubts. On one hand, he did pretty good on that recent Wednesday TV show but on the other hand, most of the movies he direct’s nowadays are very hit and miss IMO, mostly leaning on the miss side (as a digression, the only 2 post-Millennium Buton movies that I really think are on par with his previous work are Big Fish and Sweeny Todd, with the rest ranging from flawed but enjoyable (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) to be waiting to ask Tim what he was thinking (that Dumbo remake)). But eh, we’ll see.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
“Neitherworld” was never used in the original movie (it was only used in the TV show). Is it being used in this one?
My mistake, it's been awhile. What do they call the place with the Sandworms or the waiting room in the 1st movie?

Mandouga

The place with the sandworms is called "Saturn" (as in the planet, probably, at least in this movie). I'm pretty sure the waiting room doesn't have any special kind of name. What I do know is that "Neitherworld" was invented for the show, and in the movie it's just the afterlife, although I don't remember if "afterlife" was actually used in the movie or not. I'd have to watch it again.

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
^ The world of the afterlife had no specific name given in the first film. I do think using "Neitherworld" in this sequel would be an interesting reference to the cartoon, TBH.

And it's kind of amazing how young Winona Ryder looks here, compared to say, Stranger Things, where she's seemingly specific made to look middle-aged.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts