Animation on FOX - News and Discussion

JTOONSAnimation

This thread is the combined news of FOX's The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers and any upcoming FOX animated series.

This is not a Talback thread for that click here. This thread is made specifically for news or other information based off of the series.

JTOONSAnimation

mural.PNG

Family Guy is getting a mural at FOX Studios

JTOONSAnimation

Well, with Disney buying 21st Century Fox, they now own The Simpsons, Family Guy and Bob's Burgers. Hard to believe, I know.

Basically within the next few years, these will be added to Disney's new SVOD service. There is also a possibility that Family Guy and Bob's Burgers will leave TBS and Adult Swim after their current contracts expire.

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Well, with Disney buying 21st Century Fox, they now own The Simpsons, Family Guy and Bob's Burgers. Hard to believe, I know.

They don't. The Fox TV networks (save for FX and NatGeo) will not be absorbed into Disney. They will be spun off separately from the company.

21st Century Fox to spin off Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News, Fox Business, FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network to its shareholders

Source

JTOONSAnimation

They don't. The Fox TV networks (save for FX and NatGeo) will not be absorbed into Disney. They will be spun off separately from the company.

Source

True about the Fox network. But 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Television Animation are being absorbed into Disney, and they produce Bob's Burgers, Family Guy and The Simpsons.

jasonnguyen2606

It would be surreal if future episodes of these shows ended with an ABC Studios logo while airing on the Fox network.
They not confirm yet until the government will agree with the merger between disney and fox. It still happen when they try to block it like the at&t and time Warner merger been blocked by the government. Well sure if disney agree to move their show from fox to ABC.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Dudley

Staff member
I read recently an article about how The Simpsons could be canceled by Disney, once the show reaches its 30th season, since that’s when the current contract will end for voice actors. With ratings decreasing (which is common for TV across the board), but due to how expensive each episode is to produce, Disney might feel that 30 seasons is enough. Disney could continue the franchise in other ways, like TV specials, theme park attractions (everywhere BUT Walt Disney World), and movies.
It’ll be interesting to see how fans will react if the show ends. A lot of people think it should’ve ended a long time ago. Of course, I expect many to be upset when it ends simply because it’s Disney’s decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToonsJazzLover

As someone who been started watching the classic episodes 5 years after first sitting down a new episode of Simpsons in 2009, I'm okay with it ending. It can end in time for its 30th anniversary of the show while the voice actors are still alive. I'm sure the show would definitely ends if one of the VAs die has the show keep continuing.

In other related news, Family Guy's 300th episode airs next month, with a Brian and Stewie like with the 200th episode.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I agree the show should have ended long ago, before it became mediocre all around, and that thirty seasons is more than enough. No need to keep it going just for the sake of it. There's definitely other ways to keep the franchise alive other than pumping out new episodes that don't have much anymore to say - except injecting politics and promoting celebrities. But if I had to realistically guess, I think the series will end with season 33 and a film.

ShadowBeast

It’ll be interesting to see how fans will react if the show ends. A lot of people think it should’ve ended a long time ago. Of course, I expect many to be upset when it ends simply because it’s Disney’s decision.
Even if the show has overstayed it's welcome, it should be given a fitting finale.

DeanBurrito25

I read recently an article about how The Simpsons could be canceled by Disney, once the show reaches its 30th season, since that’s when the current contract will end for voice actors. With ratings decreasing (which is common for TV across the board), but due to how expensive each episode is to produce, Disney might feel that 30 seasons is enough.
Considering how much Disney values its franchises, it would be an intriguing choice to end the show instead of keeping it going. Then again, wasn't it stated that The Simpsons has enough episodes to turn a profit through syndication alone? I guess maybe it's not too farfetched after all.

It's probably for the best. People have been calling for its end for years now, though it would be strange not having such an iconic show on the airwaves anymore after such a long tenure.

JTOONSAnimation

Al Jean has hinted that the 666th episode of the show will be a THOH episode (which fits perfectly). If its true, the episode will air in October 2019. It also means there will be a 31st season:

JTOONSAnimation

Al Jean confirmed that there will be a Treehouse of Horror XXX, it will have to air in Season 31, since Season 30 will already have Treehouse of Horror XXIX. He also said they're confirmed to do 669 episodes, if seasons 30 and 31 have 22 episodes each, that brings the total amount to 684.

They might also renew the show for a 32nd season just so they can get over 700 episodes.

Just a little food for thought.

JTOONSAnimation

FAMILY GUY NEWS!!!
  • On January 14th, Family Guy will air its 300th episode, just like the 200th episode it will be a "Brian & Stewie" episode.
  • The episode "Send Stewie In, Please" will be an "extended episode" and will air on March 11th, and will have limited commercial interruption.
  • [SOURCE]

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.

Featured Posts