Animation on FOX - News and Discussion

Latest News & Videos

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Oct 2, 2014
Bedford, OH
twitter.com
They really have to shorten the seasons of the Simpsons and Family Guy. I mean, with hundreds of episodes in the can, what's the point of running seasons of 20+ episodes with over 300 episode in a long running series?
What exactly are you talking about?

JTOONSAnimation

Jul 24, 2016
They really have to shorten the seasons of the Simpsons and Family Guy. I mean, with hundreds of episodes in the can, what's the point of running seasons of 20+ episodes with over 300 episode in a long running series?
More episodes = More valuable it is in syndication and streaming. Besides Fox needs programming to air year round. Or they'll just have lots of encore slots

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
The Simpsons would actually be more valuable to Disney if they canceled it. They could go to town on different syndication deals once they stop making new episodes. Fox has only kept it around this long for brand recognition. They and Disney would be making a LOT more money off the show if they didn't have to pay for new episodes.

Reactions: I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
The Simpsons would actually be more valuable to Disney if they canceled it. They could go to town on different syndication deals once they stop making new episodes. Fox has only kept it around this long for brand recognition. They and Disney would be making a LOT more money off the show if they didn't have to pay for new episodes.
It sounds so villainous - and yet, it's the right thing to do to it. Plus, this show can finally properly end, while still being worth something. It's a win-win, even if it's clear this show should have burned out a long, long time ago.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
It sounds so villainous - and yet, it's the right thing to do to it. Plus, this show can finally properly end, while still being worth something. It's a win-win, even if it's clear this show should have burned out a long, long time ago.
The show is also STILL pretty expensive to make, even though the cast took a paycut and they got rid of the orchestra. They had to do all that because new episodes of the shows actually lose Fox money. I don't see Disney keeping the show on the air another 30 years. I'd be shocked if it gets another multi-year renewal or even a renewal at all.

JTOONSAnimation

Jul 24, 2016
I think we can expect episodes at least through 2023 when the FXX rights expire. It seems that Disney is trying to keep all of their properties to themselves, like how they're pulling Family Guy/Bob's Burgers from WarnerMedia. I could be wrong, but it seems like Disney isn't planning on having some of it's shows syndicated to other cable networks at the moment. But I think Disney will continue the show for a while, as long as Fox (now that they have acquired billions) is paying for episodes, and Disney gets the rerun/streaming rights. Like I said 2023 might be where things change.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The teaser is good. The comments saying "Release The Snyder Cut" are not.
Is the concept of good scheduling just dead at this point, I'm looking at PlutoTv and most of the time they just got the same show on repeat.
As someone who just got into Usagi Yojimbo, I am so hyped for the cartoon.
Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.