Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Disney XD is apparently retweeting Amphibia tweets. Like with Big City Greens, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney XD eventually airs the series.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Now we meet Sprig

Then again, The Owl House looks more intense and story driven while Amphibia seems more silly at heart while still having a bit of a plot. I also fear Amphibia may be overshadowed by the hype surrounding this. It sure seems like the majority of animation fans are looking more forward to The Owl House than its similar predecessor. It makes me sad to think that Amphibia might be left in the dust because it isn't as plot heavy, even if it turns out to be a fantastic show. Either way, I'm excited for both and will be giving each an equal chance.

I think promotion plays a part in this. Amphibia has hints of a larger story, but the promos definitely showcase more comedy. Meanwhile, The Owl House gets across the idea of being plot driven in just the first teaser trailer. It also helps that Dana Terrace is dating Alex Hirsch, greatly being influenced by him, hence The Owl House feeling much more like Gravity Falls in terms of tone. Still, I think Amphibia has a chance to stand out. The response is at least positive and spreading fast, so there's that.

Last edited:

Mandouga

Oh, brother...

"Meet this character", "meet that character". They are sure are giving this show a lot of hype, aren't they. It's like they're trying to say "This is the best show we've EVER made, and we know YOU'LL think so too, so don't miss it!". Of course, they did the same thing with the new Ducktales series, but that's another story.

Long story short, I hope this is the show they say it is*, and not another reminder to us "impressionable" viewers of who's in charge at our houses and schools...

*And by that I mean, not just for a few episodes or so, but the entire show.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oh, brother...

"Meet this character", "meet that character". They are sure are giving this show a lot of hype, aren't they. It's like they're trying to say "This is the best show we've EVER made, and we know YOU'LL think so too, so don't miss it!". Of course, they did the same thing with the new Ducktales series, but that's another story.

Long story short, I hope this is the show they say it is*, and not another reminder to us "impressionable" viewers of who's in charge at our houses and schools...

Only you can make it look like hyping something is a bad thing :D If only every new cartoon got hyped like this!

Mandouga

Well, that actually goes into the subject of "hype" as a whole. Without trying to derail this thread, let me just say that hype isn't always (repeat: isn't "always") a good thing, especially when a show or a movie fails to live up to that hype in the long run. All I'm saying is that I hope this show lives up to all the hype it's being given right now, and not just for a few episodes or so. In any case, Red Arrow, you don't know me. "Only [ I ] can make it look like hyping something is a bad thing"? Maybe you don't agree with my post, but I don't think I deserved that kind of response from you. I'm not passing judgement of any kind. I'm only saying that with all this hype Disney is giving the show, I'm just hoping it doesn't turn out to be too (repeat: "too") "educational" for its own good, among other potential problems which I won't mention here (like certain other previous Disney Channel original shows have). In any case, I felt I was being reasonable with my post.

glennbyrnes

Oh, brother...

What can I say? They have a lot of faith in this show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts