Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
I'll be frank, I'm not expecting much from this, though the intro is pretty cool. I'm more of a reptile person, but I like the wetlands setting (reminds me of my camping days). My interest in this cartoon is middling at best, but I'll give it a shot.

And I agree with Mr.O, I also get a Gravity Falls vibe from the intro. Though the violin music is killin'.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active

Just a another video, it’s similar but with more better with no angle issues like the last one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Not bad for an OP; my only concern is if the rest of the show can be as High Tier (at least) as that comes off, more than anything.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Not bad for an OP; my only concern is if the rest of the show can be as High Tier (at least) as that comes off, more than anything.

It depends, although it probably would either have to deal with The Owl House, since that falls heavily in between the Steven Universe/Gravity Falls Category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Frogs, dragonflies, lizards, hopefully beetles and salamanders too... I love this. I can't imagine not liking this. Even if the plot turns out kinda meh, then this would still be a winner for me. Only if the plot sucks balls (=> is it rude to say this?), only then I will pass...
I'm more of a reptile person
Your wish has been fulfilled!

Last edited:

thomas2313412

So judging by the intro from SDCC and the info about Disney channel's latest show Amphibia,its about a girl named Anne Boonchuy who is a student to some prep school or boarding school and is also part of a tennis team who discover a small chest that teleports her to a world inhabited by frogs called Amphibia along with her two best friends.

And my guess is that the plot will have Anne trying to adjust herself in this strange world while being friends with a Amphibia citizen named Sprig ,She will have adventures and misadventures with her friend Sprig while encountering new friends and enemies and will try to become a true hero.

The main plot in the series would have Anne trying to find 2 of her best friends who are trapped in Amphibia just like her and must find a way back home and my guess is that the series will run for 3 seasons including character development.

Each of the three seasons will have a big bad and will have a main storyarc including filler episodes in between and the series finale will likely be tearful and heartwarming that it will end with Anne and her two friends return back to their world after she says goodbye to the Amphibia people including Sprig and I believe they will return back to the exact moment one minute after they are transported to amphibia which is probably due to Narnia time trope as they stayed in Amphibia for weeks and months while the earth time will likely be one minute but they remain ageless because after all it's a cartoon.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
So judging by the intro from SDCC and the info about Disney channel's latest show Amphibia,its about a girl named Anne Boonchuy who is a student to some prep school or boarding school and is also part of a tennis team who discover a small chest that teleports her to a world inhabited by frogs called Amphibia along with her two best friends.

And my guess is that the plot will have Anne trying to adjust herself in this strange world while being friends with a Amphibia citizen named Sprig ,She will have adventures and misadventures with her friend Sprig while encountering new friends and enemies and will try to become a true hero.

The main plot in the series would have Anne trying to find 2 of her best friends who are trapped in Amphibia just like her and must find a way back home and my guess is that the series will run for 3 seasons including character development.

Each of the three seasons will have a big bad and will have a main storyarc including filler episodes in between and the series finale will likely be tearful and heartwarming that it will end with Anne and her two friends return back to their world after she says goodbye to the Amphibia people including Sprig and I believe they will return back to the exact moment one minute after they are transported to amphibia which is probably due to Narnia time trope as they stayed in Amphibia for weeks and months while the earth time will likely be one minute but they remain ageless because after all it's a cartoon.

I can only hope this show's appeal won't be hurt in any way if it comes off kinda predictable as this unfortunately sounds. Just being cautious... However, if the execution turns out better than it sounds - I don't think it's gonna matter too much, IMHO.

thomas2313412

I can only hope this show's appeal won't be hurt in any way if it comes off kinda predictable as this unfortunately sounds. Just being cautious... However, if the execution turns out better than it sounds - I don't think it's gonna matter too much, IMHO.

Well,I am sure the show will be good and I believe that it will likely run for 3 seasons

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
A storyboard artist by the name of Joe Sparrow said that he finished his work on season 1 today.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Does that mean the show will last one season
I don't think so. He could either just work on the show for one season, or they're finishing season 1 and season 2 hasn't started production yet. All we can do is just wait and see.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.

Featured Posts