“The Casagrandes” News & Discussion Thread

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I never thought I would come back here like this... Usually, this show is consistently good enough that I don't have to critique it too much, but yeah.

Slink or Swim (Mid Low Tier):
Not a fan of this segment like I want to be. I hope someone else enjoyed seeing some positive character development outta Carl, however...

Also, we did not need 3 gags involving excrement. We didn't even need one. That's not funny. That's stupid - and any young adult watching it is gonna pick up on that and fight accordingly by abandoning this show for countless anime / more "mature" cartoons out there, the moment they get old enough to see how unfunny and stupid these kinds jokes of jokes are. It happens all the time and it's kinda deserved after awhile.

(Only IMHO) Carl is worst character, so of course anything focusing on him is gonna have trouble being truly entertaining for me, despite some positive character development here and there, like this episode, for example. Even if he can swim now, I'm still not a fan of him as a character, sadly.

Bobby being that level of dumb in the episode doesn't help either, as much as I want to laugh at all of this legit. Bobby is almost just as bad as Carl, if not worse. This episode secretly highlights why for me, personally - the overall mixed writing quality of him and how he's either the house fool, or the caring yet naive voice of reason. It's difficult to have it both ways and still be able for me to take Booby seriously, really.

The Bug Chill (High Tier): Uninspired title aside, this is the best segment out of these two and an example of this show actually being consistently good, despite some less than stellar predictable setups, overall. What puts this effort a step above what I'm used to, however - is how creative the ending to all this actually turns out for itself. Sure, everyone including Ronnie Anne was bombing with their end goal, but then we get to the ending, and...

Seriously, with Ronnie Anne, this strength of character (smart and resourceful in terms of finding an end solution that works.) isn't exactly a niche with her, but I believe it that little bit more, now. I only hope they continue to capitalize on this, going forward, as it's what helps Ronnie Anne to stand out for me as an MC, first and foremost, so why not.

Zanscare's Reaper, Out.

glennbyrnes

My question is just where is Great Lakes City? It has to be in a state next to Michigan where Royal Woods is.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The show got 2 nominations for the Imagen Awards, which celebrates Latinx representation in media. The first is for best young actor in a TV show (with the nomination going to Izabela Alvarez, the voice of Ronnie Anne) and the second is for best children's programming.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm guessing this means that season 1 will end sometime within the next few weeks.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Futon Critic says new episodes on the 18th and 25th, after new Loud House
tlhseptember2.PNG

JTOONSAnimation

Nickelodeon has pulled all reruns of the show over the next two weeks. The show will continue to rerun on Nicktoons.

Not to jump to any conclusions, but this is pretty much how you know a Nicktoon's days are numbered.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Nickelodeon has pulled all reruns of the show over the next two weeks. The show will continue to rerun on Nicktoons.

Not to jump to any conclusions, but this is pretty much how you know a Nicktoon's days are numbered.
It’s not that. Nick just wants to spread hype on the upcoming Loud House special "Schooled!", along with new episodes of TLH & Casagrandes on September 18 and 25. Reruns of Casagrandes will most likely return in October (aka Hispanic Heritage Month).

Last edited:

JTOONSAnimation

It’s not that. Nick just wants to spread hype on the upcoming Loud House special "Schooled!", along with new episodes of TLH & Casagrandes on September 18 and 25. Reruns of Casagrandes will most likely return in October (aka Hispanic Heritage Month).

Even after the "Schooled!" special, reruns are still gone for the following week even when new episodes return. Only time will tell.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Even after the "Schooled!" special, reruns are still gone for the following week even when new episodes return. Only time will tell.
That's why I said that reruns of the show may likely return next month, since that is Hispanic Heritage Month.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts