"X-Universe" Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Kind of related, but it appears Singer has been fired by 21st while working on a movie and he's already moved his offices off the lot.
Ironic given it was around...Apocalypse, I think, when one of the more public allegations against him came out.

Since it looks like this might really be happening, I am very curious to see how this impacts the X-Men, as well as Dark Phoenix and the other upcoming movies :ack:.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
If the deal does happen, it will eventually mean the end of the current X-Verse as we know it. First to go will probably be The Gifted. Disney will probably allow the next few movies slated for release to be made as a means of winding down Fox's X-Verse, then the incorporation of everything Fox owns the rights to into the MCU.

the greenman

If the deal does happen, it will eventually mean the end of the current X-Verse as we know it. First to go will probably be The Gifted. Disney will probably allow the next few movies slated for release to be made as a means of winding down Fox's X-Verse, then the incorporation of everything Fox owns the rights to into the MCU.
I agree. I think Marvel/Disney will allow FOX to continue with:

Deadpool 2
New Mutants
X-Force
The Dark Phoenix sequel

Now we have to wait on the results of Deadpool 3, and the sequels to New Mutants. The current plan is that Phoenix is a 2-parter. So no need to continue with this cast. Maybe make X-Force Deadpool 3 unless they had other plans.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

PF9

Don't forget that Fox owns the rights to Fantastic 4 too.

the greenman

Don't forget that Fox owns the rights to Fantastic 4 too.
Yeah, but I highly doubt Disney or Feige will allow them to move forward with Dr. Doom and Fantastic Four kids. They really are not even in current production on them. With X-Men at least there's a fanbase and Simon Kinberg is in good standing with Disney so he may shepherd the X-Men films.

PF9

Then there's also Kingsman. That's technically Marvel, but it's from the creator-owned Icon imprint. Not sure what would happen to the film rights to that.

Also the FX show Legion would be a casualty of the Disney-Fox deal too.

Last edited:

the greenman

There's almost more loss than gain for X-Men. Fantastic Four are cool though.
Well, I'm pretty sure FOX is deleting Singer from any involvement in the films. Much like Ratner at WB. So when it's time to transfer over to Disney, whatever happens it may only involve Donner & Kinberg at this point. I would be sad to see Disney halt any further production on the X-Men franchise as of next year and just put it on ice.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I wonder if this could mean Fieges feedback could be applied to Dark Phoenix. Keep in mind he already has with previous X Men movies Fox just haven't been listening to him.

Jaymes_e06

Well, I'm pretty sure FOX is deleting Singer from any involvement in the films. Much like Ratner at WB. So when it's time to transfer over to Disney, whatever happens it may only involve Donner & Kinberg at this point. I would be sad to see Disney halt any further production on the X-Men franchise as of next year and just put it on ice.

Most likely they'll want to start fresh and we all now know for sure Hugh's Wolverine isn't going to be apart of the MCU so they could just scrap everything and start anew.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Well honestly I would have the two part Dark Phoenix just be the ending of the prequel line of movies and have the next main X-Men movie just be in the MCU. Though honestly everything else I think can be worked in regularly on it's own. Deadpool easily can considering how can you just do meta jokes about studio rights and what not and no one is really going to care. New Mutants and even Gambit by the time they come out the deals will be finalized enough to see how they would fit in with the rest of the MCU and then they can really just go from there. I don't think Disney is going to want to start fresh if the series are still going well and can be worked in. Amazing Spider Man really couldn't but these other series sans the main X-Men series can and again that's finishing on it's own already.

the greenman

Well honestly I would have the two part Dark Phoenix just be the ending of the prequel line of movies and have the next main X-Men movie just be in the MCU. Though honestly everything else I think can be worked in regularly on it's own. Deadpool easily can considering how can you just do meta jokes about studio rights and what not and no one is really going to care. New Mutants and even Gambit by the time they come out the deals will be finalized enough to see how they would fit in with the rest of the MCU and then they can really just go from there. I don't think Disney is going to want to start fresh if the series are still going well and can be worked in. Amazing Spider Man really couldn't but these other series sans the main X-Men series can and again that's finishing on it's own already.

I agree. After the Dark Phoenix sequel, they really can start. Yes, Deadpool can easily fit in. Ehhh, I'm wary if New Mutants sequel or Gambit ever get made.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Ehhh, I'm wary if New Mutants sequel or Gambit ever get made.

Gambit has false started so many times it's hard to take it seriously as a film being made until we see some actual production photos and 100% reliable news of it really filming. Especially as having a release date for it doesn't guarantee anything considering it had one for last year for awhile and nothing came of that. I'd like to be optimistic especially with the new run of films but that is a "probably should count the chickens before they hatch" deal. New Mutants having a sequel depends entirely on how the first one does in theaters. If it's a fairly strong even like 150-200 million level hit I can easily see it getting a sequel since it's been reported as not being a terribly expensive to make movie and with something new NM, it will have to actually be GOOD to make that kind of money. It could easily flop for all we know but at least them making the movie and actually having this edge to it actually makes me want to check it out and hey unlike Gambit, New Mutants at least MADE a movie. If it's trash it can just be ignored but if it works expect it to be fit in somewhere in the MCU going forward.

reflection01

Makes sense for Disney to start over completely on the movie side. What is there worth holding on to in the X-Universe aside from Deadpool?

Hopefully this allows for a new X-Universe and Marvel Studios can take characters from there at their leisure.

Greg91

Reporter
I've been having mixed feelings about this deal now that it's official, besides turning Disney into a monopoly, which is a big deal in and of itself. I still want to see some of Fox's X-Men movies before the characters (rebooted or not) are surely introduced into the MCU. Besides 2018's movies, I still want to see X-Force, Deadpool 3, and X-23. I'm not sure we'll get to see them, at least the way they would've been without Disney.

I am happy that Marvel has the X-Men and Fantastic Four back. I just hope any future announcements don't push back plans for lesser known characters and potential spin-offs like Nova, Ms. Marvel and Black Widow as well as sequels for Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel. The latter two movies with a non-white and female lead were pushed back when the MCU included Spider-Man for example. If I were Marvel Studios, I'd wait a couple years before releasing a new FF or X-Men movie.

Meanwhile maybe X-Force and X-23 can come out in the next two to three years and then Marvel can reboot the series save for Deadpool, whose popular and nature of the character could easily allow him to step from one film franchise to another. Fingers crossed that Marvel is smart about how they proceed.

Frontier

Staff member
Makes sense for Disney to start over completely on the movie side. What is there worth holding on to in the X-Universe aside from Deadpool?

Hopefully this allows for a new X-Universe and Marvel Studios can take characters from there at their leisure.
I liked a lot of the current cast for the X-Men and I imagine, per a reboot to be integrated into the MCU, we'll be losing a lot of them :(.

Plus I doubt we'll see Disney push ahead with films like X-Force, or do something as experimental as New Mutants :sad:

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited at the potential for an MCU X-Men and to see Marvel Studios try their hand at them, but I would be a little bummed to see the Fox X-Men just get cut off like this :crying:.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
My hope is that they're willing to pull a multiverse because as much as I get DC popularized the notion of elseworlds and other earths, it was always Marvel that I looked back on for the Ultimate and 616 delineation.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
My hope is that they're willing to pull a multiverse because as much as I get DC popularized the notion of elseworlds and other earths, it was always Marvel that I looked back on for the Ultimate and 616 delineation.
They've already laid down tracks for a multiverse in Strange and Ant-Man. They could go from there.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ehh, never been into Marvel's version of multiverse. I'm aware of them (Squadron Supreme), but that always seemed DC's jam.

Marvel. But Marvel Studios has a decent record of improving on the material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.
I've said this before, but the Ignore button is a life saver.
Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.

Featured Posts