WBD shuts down Rooster Teeth…

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
I have a bad feeling about this…WBD is closing down RT and they are considering options for their IP, such as selling RWBY or Red vs Blue to a third party.
Rooster Teeth Shut Down By Warner Bros. Discovery, The Roost Podcast Network To Continue
I don't really watch a lot of Rooster Teeth content over the years, but it really sucks that the studio has to shut down. I do hope the employees are okay after all of this.

Man, is Zazzie Dawg REALLY hates good PR?!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Man, I'm not happy with the news at all. Shame on David Zaslav for tarnishing the Warner Bros. legacy with stuff like shelving Batgirl, Scoob! Holiday Haunt and Coyote vs. Acme and now this.
He didn't JUST shelve them. The tax write-offs means he essentially destroyed them. Final Space too.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of Animesuperhero.com:

"Rooster Teeth Shuttered By Warner Bros"​

GIALr84W4AAGDhk.png

"Another week, another thing killed by Warner Bros. Rooster Teeth, the Austin-based studio with several animated shows to its name, is being shuttered by its parent company after 21 years. WB says this comes after an unsuccessful attempt to sell the studio off.

“It’s with a heavy heart I announce that Rooster Teeth is shutting down,” announced general manager Jordan Levin in a memo the press obtained this morning. “Our legacy is not just a collection of content but a history of pixels burned into our screens, minds, and hearts. Rooster Teeth has made an indelible mark on the media industry, and we should be so proud of the countless ways we pioneered a business connecting creators and content with a dedicated community.”"

Read the full article here.

Moe

I like one RT's IP is RWBY and enjoyed watch two crossover films.

It is shame to see WBD no longer want to keep RWBY.

He didn't JUST shelve them. The tax write-offs means he essentially destroyed them. Final Space too.
If you have superpower, so Zaslav would be on one way fly to moon by now.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I know Rooster Teeth had a lot of problems, but this is still a shame. Warner Bros is leaving a path of destruction.

Rooster Teeth is being dissolved by Warner Bros and RWBY is being sold off. Who would you want to buy it? RWBY is the most valuable franchise from Rooster Teeth, Red vs. Blue relies too much on Halo assets and Gen Lock is a mess.

I have heard some suggest Crunchy Roll could buy it, which means it could end up being owned by Sony. I have seen people on Twitter say they want A24 to buy RWBY.

Also, should the new owner reboot RWBY or start from Vol. 10?

[classic swim]

SwimShady
Machinima, G4, G4 again, E3... then finally, Rooster Teeth.

Everything on both WB’s abuse and the abuse from RT’s veteran management prior has already been well said by everyone, everywhere.

It was an empty feeling hearing the news. In spite of my dunks, it doesn’t feel so good how pretty much all the tabs that made gaming what it was are wiped clean. Gone. That’s what I’ve been thinking about the whole day since.

Talking of and remembering ‘what used to be’ is the sentiment I can only attempt to cling to for better or worse.

This was an underground gaming hub that started with “cock-bite” as its label. All you gotta do anytime is bring up the Blood Gulch Chronicles and you got my attention. Very bitter and tragic shutdown, no telling how the IP selling will go.

harry580

while Im sad they shutting down the company that gives us the likes to red vs blue & rwby, I'm glad they selling off the assets of that, hell, I wish disney would do the same thing with blue sky studios ip & library

Shiloh Otter

Happy Mollibby month!
I never watched any of their programs, but my favorite Twitch streamer worked for them until 2015 and he and wife have friends who were still employed by RT who have now lost their jobs. I do hope they'll be alright.

Moe

hell, I wish disney would do the same thing with blue sky studios ip & library
If you want this way but there is no guarantee that other companies would take good care of this asset and IP.

The situation that you described is classical post-acquisition restructuring and you should know if there is acquisition and merger occurs.

If someone is interested, so someone has talk to Fox before they start to sell.

ThePharaohZ

I don't really watch anything from RT except for Death Battle, but Zaslav is on a freaking rampage! I've asked this many times and I'll ask it again. How in the world is this man still able to hold on to the position of CEO after causing billions in losses? If nothing else, at least give him the boot for messing with the company's bottom line! From a business standpoint, that's more than enough reason to force him out of the position.

Nothing is safe as long as Zaslav is in charge.

That is all. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's insane. Like, shows can be axed for being "risky investments", but Zaslop isn't being booted out for making decisions that caused WBD to lose close to half of it's market value.

harry580

I bet Warner bros discovery is going to end up like 21st century fox (ruined by bad management & politics)

Moe

I bet Warner bros discovery is going to end up like 21st century fox (ruined by bad management & politics)
It wasn't first time for WB to go thorough with bad managements, especially AOL and AT&T.

As for politics, it was not WB's fault to encounter the nasty situation. Can't discuss about this matter further, sorry.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
I have heard some suggest Crunchy Roll could buy it, which means it could end up being owned by Sony. I have seen people on Twitter say they want A24 to buy RWBY.

Also, should the new owner reboot RWBY or start from Vol. 10?
well, what if others suggest that the RWBY ip could end up in the hands of Sega (but idk since the RWBY IP didn’t get any attention beyond Europe and Asia due to CR not providing us subtitles for the show in the other European and Asian languages)…or maybe another owner (such as Toei Animation, Bandai Namco, 9 Story, WildBrain, Neon, Globo, NBCU etc..) and if the RWBY property sale dosent get attention from any of the possible buyers, WBD would lay the property dormant for a very long time (which means no vol 10 for a long time). If possible I would prefer the new owners start from vol 10 and keep its entire cast & crew but the animation needed to be outsourced in order to cut down costs.

Last edited:

Vuxovich

Please somebody tell me this is not true. If that's true, will somebody please answer this question:

Was this due to the fact Rooster Teeth didn't perform well in its recent years?

P. S. I bet Yashahime was canceled by WBD, too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Minor gripe with the otherwise fine Yurikuma Arashi dub: "But also, we loved from the beginning as well." Using "also" and "as well" in the same sentence is redundant.
1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!

Featured Posts