"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Loud House fans should be glad that their show got nominated 3 times. My favorite cartoons this decade, Regular Show and Harvey Beaks never even got nominated. There are many shows that would kill to get nominated. I remember the Phineas & Ferb fandom was like this years ago.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
If anything Nickelodeon disrespected Stephen Hillenburg at the KCA's last night

Maybe they should cancel the show

kanc

If anything Nickelodeon disrespected Stephen Hillenburg at the KCA's last night

Maybe they should cancel the show
How is THAT disrespecting Stephen Hillenburg at KCA last night?
Did you even watch KCA last night before you make judgments?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah pretty disappointing plot on paper though I admit if you told me the plot of Sponge out of Water on paper being "A mysterious life action pirate named Burger Beard takes this book so he can steal the krabby patty secret formula to sell burgers on land, Plankton and Spongebob team up along with the other residents of Bikini Bottom eventually becoming CGI creations so they can above the surface to get the secret formula back" I wouldn't like it much either.

Though this one with the Gary plot pretty much feels like the first movie: a Roadtrip of Spongebob and Patrick having to somewhere that involves the king of the sea. Interspliced with prequel bits which... you know thinking about it is kind of weird how the Spongebob movies are kind of going in reverse continuity order. Hillenburg was adament even doing season 9 and 10 that the first movie was the FINALE of the series so it technically takes place before the second movie, and now the third movie is like half prequel. Even though thinking about it outside of Patrick and Squidward, who within the series narrative didn't spongebob regularly meet? I mean we saw him meet Mr. Krabs, Plankton and Sandy within the first couple of episodes and it's said he met Miss Puff when starting boating school. Granted the movie will likely play with whatever loose continuity the show has but that still feels like a pretty big swerve to make especially just for the sake of making this like half prequel.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Paramount today unveiled new details about It's A Wonderful Sponge at CinemaCon. :)

"SpongeBob and Patrick go on a rescue mission to save Gary, who’s been kidnapped by Poseidon and taken to the Lost City of Atlantic City. The movie will reveal the first time our beloved characters (as kids) met at Camp…a magical moment that brings meaning to the power of true friendship."
This looks pretty good.

Also, tomorrow is the last day for storyboard artist Adam Paloian.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
SpongeBob and Patrick go on a rescue mission to save Gary, who’s been kidnapped by Poseidon

So...King Neptune's brother?

Dudley

Staff member
I’m still sad the movie isn’t going to be a parody of Its A Wonderful Life. I had it in my head that since the first movie had Spongebob team up with Patrick and the second one Plankton, this movie would have Squidward wishing he never met Spongebob, and we see how the town and his life would’ve been without him, and soon regretting his wish.

I just hope it’s better than the second film.

ToonsJazzLover

Rob Paulsen is having a voice role in one of the upcoming specials (which revolve on Glove World). You know, it's surreal seeing this show cast more familiar voice actors instead of reusing the same main/recurring voice actors constantly, which is a good change in pace.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nick today announced a new SpongeBob game show for its digital channels:

SpongeBob Smarty Pants Game Show (SpongeBob YouTube Channel, Facebook; Coming 2019): “SpongeBob Smarty Pants” is a digital game show where two SpongeBob superfans compete to win The Golden Pineapple by answering trivia questions, completing messy stunts and competing in SpongeBob-themed games! There will be special live episodes of the show broadcast across Nickelodeon's social accounts.

Update - Nick has over half-a-dozen SpongeBob spin-offs in development.

Last edited:

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Half a dozen spinoffs is already overkill but OVER half a dozen spinoffs? I don't even know what to call that.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Nick today announced a new SpongeBob game show for its digital channels:

SpongeBob Smarty Pants Game Show (SpongeBob YouTube Channel, Facebook; Coming 2019): “SpongeBob Smarty Pants” is a digital game show where two SpongeBob superfans compete to win The Golden Pineapple by answering trivia questions, completing messy stunts and competing in SpongeBob-themed games! There will be special live episodes of the show broadcast across Nickelodeon's social accounts.
How do I sign up?! :D

Update - Nick has over half-a-dozen SpongeBob spin-offs in development.

Geez. I get one or two, but 6 is just overkill.
Half a dozen spinoffs is already overkill but OVER half a dozen spinoffs? I don't even know what to call that.
Now, I wouldn't freak out just yet. The article says the spin-offs are in development. They aren't necessarily going to mold into finished products. Gibby was a spin-off that was heavily in development but never made it through to the network. I imagine that at least half of these spin-offs won't ever air on Nick.

And in the case that I'm wrong, you can all mock me whilst living your lives in the SpongeBob Nightmare Universe.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I’m aware that they are making merchandise based on SpongeBob memes. Though I don’t think they are as lame as Arthur’s fist merch which I’ve seen a lot at Hot Topic.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
Nickelodeon SAYS they'll always make SpongeBob but I really don't think so

If one of the voice actors were to die in the near future, they won't be able to continue the show

Nick is just too attached to SpongeBob SquarePants which while I get where they're coming from, it's absolutely pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm thinking about leaving animesuperhero forums in the future. I don't know if I want to continue posting much if nobody else is interested.
Also another thing is I have lot of stuff to do and too busy.
Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.

Featured Posts