"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToonsJazzLover

Snooze You Lose: I wasn't excepting much in this episode. I am normally not a fan of episodes where SpongeBob and Patrick are involved with Squidward due to how much negative reception certain episodes like Celaphod Lodge and That Sinking Feeling. Kaz wrote the episode, but to my surprise, it was actually enjoyable. The facial expressions were wackier than usual (I'm sure Adam Paloian storyboarded both episodes), and they were so off-model that it reminded of seasons 2-3 (and Fear of a Krabby Patty) that were boarded by CH Greenblatt (He love to draw exaggerated faces) and the off-modelness reminded me of Nick Edwards episodes on Uncle Grandpa. I still wasn't too impressed what SpongeBob and Patrick did to Squidward. It was way too creepy and awkward, even though it did ended up being amused when they controlled him and succeeding in the clarinet. Of Course, when Squidward woke up, he played the clarinet so badly that we see live-action footages of things falling off and it was hilarious. All in all, while it's really awkward, it's was kinda good. Not the best thing from Kaz, but definitely not his worst episode. 7.5/10

Krusty Katering: Ben Gruber is the writer for this episode. How did he handled this episode. So far, he's been mixed in how he been writing the show. While the episode had some really funny moments, there some problems I wanted to get out of the way. One, that part at the beginning with the kids was gross. Second, speaking of kids, that bratty boy got annoying quickly like a running gag in FOP. Third, it felt like I was watching Mighty Magiswords. This episode was very hyperactively that it couldn't calm down.It was jokes and jokes and the pacing was way too off. Nevertheless I still chuckled in some moments. Patrick was really hilarious in this one. The food fight was priceless as well. That gotta be the craziest fancy party you've ever seen in media. Also, noticed how Squidward inked again and the way how they did was hilarious so they wear tuxedos. Like Snooze You Lose, the episode had a lot of crazy expressions and it well done to be "Best Storyboarding" worthy of nomination. I don't know if this better or worse than Snooze You Lose though, the bratty boy and the fast pacing kinda ruin it for me. I understand that Gruber is new to SpongeBob, but I hope he doesn't go overboard. So around a 7/10 I guess?

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Although the air dates need to be confirmed:

Monday 3rd April 2017 - No title for this episode

Monday 3rd April 2017 - No title for this episode

Saturday 20th May 2017 - Unreal Estate; Code Yellow: When SpongeBob thinks he's allergic to his pineapple, Squidward offers to help find him a new home; Squidward is getting a nose job at the local hospital, and SpongeBob tags along as moral support.

Tuesday 23rd May 2017 - No title for this episode

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/spongebob-squarepants/episode-guide/EP00307766?aid=tvschedule

kanc

I think it's too early to determine April or May schedule though for zap2it but nice you pointed it out.

So only few people watched last Saturday's new episode? Anyway here's my thoughts for In Snooze You Lose: an ok episode, though not exciting. Squidward had hard time sleeping because of philharmonic recital he has to audition. But this makes me concern when SpongeBob was inside Squidward to play clarinet, the sound is beauty instead of shrill. With SpongeBob out of Squidward, Squidward plays clarinet very shrill and off-key. There has been counting episodes in whole series that Squidward plays clarinet offkey, no wonder why people booed Squidward's performance. But some or few were in perfect pitch like dreamtime: like Sleepy Time (Squid's dream).. I dunno. Squidward didn't realize how he played perfect with SpongeBob inside.. That just brought to my attention.

Krusty Katering: This episode later on became a disaster at the end when something goes wrong. Perhaps this is just for comedy and not for moral stuff. I do find it hilarious when kid keeps bothering Mr. Krabs for wanting birthday cake and Krabs ignores the kid.

As for season 10, it will only have 13 episodes due to budgeting.

Clam Up! is an actual House Worming short that aired after House Worming. This is the first time a short airs after an episode. Though this doesn't give Clam Up! short credit and not listed on tvguide for a reason.

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
SpongeBob.jpg

SpongeBob's Place/Plankton Gets the Boot
Airs March 11, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
Mr. Krabs' customers abandon him when SpongeBob starts cooking at home; when Plankton gets kicked out, SpongeBob helps him win Karen back.​

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I liked today's episodes. I enjoyed seeing Mr. Krabs try to get his customers back in SpongeBob's Place, and I really enjoyed Plankton in Plankton Gets the Boot.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
SpongeBob.jpg

Life Insurance/Burst Your Bubble
Airs March 18, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
After a misunderstanding, SpongeBob and Patrick try to prove their life insurance protects them from any danger; when SpongeBob blows himself a bubble boat, everyone in town starts to want one.​

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I liked today's episodes. I had fun seeing Squidward go through that thing SpongeBob and Patrick set up in Life Insurance. Same with Mrs. Puff taking her road test in Burst Your Bubble.

kanc

Ah, sorry, it was only posted on Nick's YouTube channel today.
yeah i think these shorts for Goodbye Krabby Patty I was referencing that it's already on nick.com last month, and aired on TV as never before seen videos. Youtube nickelodeon user seemed little slow to update the spongebob shorts. the first short posted earlier february was Krabby Patty Song Mr. Krabs singing, then Can Patrick Be a Star, and now just uploaded Things to Do with Frozen Krabby Patty like use them as various tasks.

And also with Stephen that got ALS (praying for him for support) I wonder where season 11 stands or the future of SpongeBob...

I watched these today's and few week's episodes and they were ok. Plankton Gets the Boot were most funny.
Today's Burst Your Bubble seemed weird to me, as most people wanted bubble to drive vehicle..

jaylop97

Staff member
Well the life insurance one it was pretty weird, I think it was cool to see it be about how life insurance was letting them survive normally disastrous events, but I think Squid got carried away when he was acting like a jerk to that tough guy. Also I wasn't a big of a fan of Krabs part near the end sure he explained well the real deal of Life insurance but what happens to Squidward as a result is not good. Ultimately a score of a C-.

ToonsJazzLover

Just catching up on these episodes, since I was on vacation at San Antonio when they first aired.

Written by Kaz / Ben Gruber
Storyboard by Kelly Armstrong (debut) / Fred Osmond
Animation Director: Tom Yasumi

SpongeBob's Place: This may have be another restaurant themed episode, but it had a rather decent premise. My only problem is that we barely see SpongeBob serving Krabby Patties at his place, thus making the title rather ironic. Half of the episode revolves on Mr. Krabs struggling at the Krusty Krab without SpongeBob. There were a few funny moments including the part where Squidward was at the Krusty Krab all by himself and he sings "I hate people." The ending of the episode was pretty nice, in which Krusty Krab is also considered to be SpongeBob's place (in other words, the main settings for most episodes nowadays). All in all, it's a good episode, but they should have explored more of SpongeBob's house as a restaurant. 8/10

Plankton Gets the Boot: This was a slightly better episode. Plankton could've been written a little better but most of the jokes worked. What made this is one an unique episode for Plankton that it focused on his marriage with Karen rather than getting the Krabby Patty formula. All the characters are decent here. I like SpongeBob (and Patrick) helping Plankton to make up for Karen. While I did like SpongeBob pretending to be Plankton's date in order win back Karen, the ending kinda made it pointless (even though the fat screensaver joke was funny). Overall, I liked this one a little bit better than SpongeBob's Place. The writer of this episode should be balancing more between the comedy and heart. 8.5/10

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
SpongeBob.jpg

Plankton Retires/Trident Trouble
Airs March 25, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
Plankton closes the Chum Bucket and moves to a new town, but Mr. Krabs suspects he is still up to no good; when SpongeBob accidentally picks up Neptune's magic trident, there is no telling what trouble he may cause.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.

Featured Posts