''SpongeBob Squarepants'' edited

don Jaime

Caught the Sponge after work tonight and was surprised as heck to spot an edit. The sequence where Squidward trips the Krusty Krab's burglar alarms - buckets of gasoline over the doors, just waiting for a match - was clipped out of "Just One Bite." Strangely, the following segment (which used to be the first segment) about a bully who tells SpongeBob he's going to kick SpongeBob's butt was unchanged, even though is much more imitatible behavior. Any ideas what (if anything) was going through the minds of Nick's censors?

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
Can stuff actually burn underwater like that, even with gasoline?

Calhoun07

It's Me
But what about the real problem still at hand? Kids all over this nation letting their pants fall off?

JustJack

Just Odd
Originally posted by calhoun07
But what about the real problem still at hand? Kids all over this nation letting their pants fall off?

I tell ya'....in my day, we wore BELTS...or..tight pants...something. We didn't let our pants fall..I most certainly wasn't going to explose my underpants! Thats fer sure! :p

Majin Vegeta

2nd place loser
"SpongeBeb Squarepants. Rated PG-13. In theaters July 10th."

BTW did you know that there really is a SpongeBob Squarepants movie being made?

Ro 2026

aDam
This is a lot lighter than the first round of edits the show underwent when they, among other things, changed the original title from "SpongeBob no pants".

B

Betaman8

Spongebob squarepants pas terrible, all current nick shows are pas terrible! and I WANT A BOYCOTT! J'nai sais pas how nickelodeon turned so rotten and odorous!

Je n'aime pas le Nickelodeon!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Mad Hatter

Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?
Argh. If you'll check the rules, you'll find out that we don't allow curse words to be printed, even if one word is "cleverly" replaced by an asterisk since 99.9% of the population can still guess what the word is. We like having a PG rating to keep this board as accessable as possible, and we aim to keep it that way. Got it?

Nightwing

WF Old Man
[color=00FFFF]Yup. Curtly put, but to the point. As the mods have said before, please be sure to read the rules page, and of course keep things toned down. All the rules are common sense anyway. :) [/color]

B

Betaman8

i re-wrote it removing every cuss word, but keeping my original point.

don Jaime

Yeah, the one on top of your head. Don't ever go near Brandon "The Angry Beavers" Pierce with that attitude. There might not be enough left of you to mail home to your mom. It's the network that's the problem, not necessarily the shows. That said, most of their lineup could be put to bed with little complaint from me.

Gasoline floats, so it won't even stay underwater. Patrick did once ask SpongeBob how they could have a campfire when they were underwater, and the campfire went out before he finished his sentence. It came back later, when Patrick stepped on the ashes.

Majin Vegeta

2nd place loser
For goodness' sake, it's a cartoon! That's what makes it so funny!

(Plankton's computerized content analyzing machine): Seaweed. 50% sea, 50% weed.

(later, when Plankton falls into the machine): Plankton. 1% evil, 99% hot air.

B

Betaman8

but its NOT funny! It's immature! It creates the hollow heads i have to go see everyday at school, and makes the money-mad morons down in orlando and in nyc rich, when they dont deserve a penny.

Whatever happened to shows like "You Can't Do that On Television", and "Pinwheel", or even "Eureka's Castle"?? I grew up on these shows and they deserve more recognition than any of nick's current shows do combined.

In case you haven't noticed, every last show nick (not nick at nite) has on now were created for two kinds of people-1, infants, and 2, people with IQ's LESS than two (i.e. is no smarter than a piece of furniture).

Ricochet

Bouncy
Originally posted by Betaman8
Spongebob squarepants pas terrible...

Oy. Must you break my heart? I'm crushed. :( Oh well, to borrow from my corny old history teacher, different opinions make the world go round! :)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looking at the Boomerang Imaginary Rebrand pitch really makes me wish that we get this rebrand instead of what we got in 2015.

I was at my local Wal-Mart, and they had merchandise out for the new Garfield movie. There's a plush doll of Baby Garfield that meows, and you have to feed him a piece of lasagna or pizza.
I want to thank both Silverstar and Goldstar for their awesome posts and great presence in this forum. Love ya!
Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.

Featured Posts