Full Experience request- Early SpongeBob Squarepants premieres (Stephen Hillenburg Tribute)

Latest News & Videos

Oct 11, 2010
Ratings
9 1
The Wolverine State
With the passing of Stephen Hillenburg, I think the time is right to set aside watching endless reruns for a moment and see ads from premeries of SpongeBob Squarepants. Allthough it could be any episode ending with "Band Geeks" (no specials though), here are some MAJOR selections from tape trading (and trust me, they are INCREDIBLY HARD TO FIND DUE TO CABLE'S RELIANCE ON WEEKDAY RERUNS):

Season 1
-The Kids Choice Awards Premiere (good luck!)
-Bubblestand/Ripped Pants (the regular premiere)
-Jellyfishing/Plankton! (the first time we saw Plankton/felt sorry for Squidward)

Season 2/3
Your Shoe's Untied/Squid's Day Off
OR
Something Smells/Bossy Boots (aka Working Pearl)
The Secret Box/Band Geeks

(maybe The Bully/Just One Bite due to the infamous deleted scene)

And I think it should be cut from that. The ads would be, pretty interesting. I know you probably didn't have cable but tape trading or any donation would be fine with him.

Thoughts?

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
I think Peter just does stuff from over-the-air TV but that would be an interesting topic for an article one day! Also a Full Experience of a Marvel-related program just cuz.
Also totally unrelated but I'm totally in a Wreck it Ralph phase after having seen Ralph Breaks the Internet and I'm wondering does anyone here have the ABC airing of it from earlier this year (preferably with commercials)? Also does anyone have the ABC airing of Big Hero 6 (another one of my fave Disney movies) from before then?

twilicorn

Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
I've traded with a guy who has a lot of 2000's Nick stuff, including Spongebob episodes with commercials, but only three of these recordings from Spongebob's "golden age" listed are from their original airings: "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV/Doing Time", "Welcome to the Chum Bucket/Frankendoodle" and "Plankton’s Army/Missing Identity". Of these three episodes, if you were to do a Hillenburg tribute the episode containing "Chum Bucket" would be most fitting if only for the "kitchen's not the same without you" song. I saw that phrase tossed around a few times in the wake of his death.
And no, I don't have any of those recordings (yet), the only real reason I traded with him was for the four Roundhouse episodes I didn't have.
And speaking of Full Experiences, will you ever get to reviewing that Escaflowne episode I sent you forever ago?

mimitchi33

Kiratto PriChan, On Air!
Jul 5, 2010
Ratings
76 1
I think Peter just does stuff from over-the-air TV but that would be an interesting topic for an article one day! Also a Full Experience of a Marvel-related program just cuz.
Also totally unrelated but I'm totally in a Wreck it Ralph phase after having seen Ralph Breaks the Internet and I'm wondering does anyone here have the ABC airing of it from earlier this year (preferably with commercials)? Also does anyone have the ABC airing of Big Hero 6 (another one of my fave Disney movies) from before then?
It's not Big Hero 6 or Wreck It Ralph, but I do have all 5 premieres of Inside Out on US television (Disney Channel, Freeform, Disney XD, Disney Junior and ABC) recorded, as well as the premiere of Olaf's Frozen Adventure on ABC if you're looking for Disney stuff.

twilicorn

Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
perhaps maybe next time Ralph or BH6 airs on Disney Channel, DXD or Freeform you could record it and send over to me?
It's not Big Hero 6 or Wreck It Ralph, but I do have all 5 premieres of Inside Out on US television (Disney Channel, Freeform, Disney XD, Disney Junior and ABC) recorded, as well as the premiere of Olaf's Frozen Adventure on ABC if you're looking for Disney stuff.