"Spider-Woman" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

the greenman

Remember those rumors about a movie regarding Jessica Drew, the Spider-Woman?

Looks like they're back with a vengeance with a new rumor saying Feige is interested in teaming with Sony Pictures for a Spider-Woman solo movie.
Honestly, with so closely tied to SWORD, and being a classic female protagonist, I can't blame Feige. Meaning he'll port her over in MCU easy.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

brodie999

Hmm...well, I like Olivia Wilde. I wonder what they'd use to replace Hydra in Jessica Drew's backstory :confused:?
Actually, I heard someone on Geekosity say this is gonna be a Marvel/Sony co-production in the MCU. This is further supported by Josh Gad on Twitter where he tagged Marvel Studios while praising Wilde. I think they're just finalising more movie and TV deals in secret.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

the greenman

I think there were 3 reports about it last year:

A rumor in March 2020.

Unconfirmed rumor/misreport from last August when the news first broke out, then again in September.
Thanks for that, @Yojimbo . I seem to remember hearing about the possibility of this being very adjacent to the MCU and Feige being apart of it. The Daisy Ridley thing, I can't quite remember, but I'm on board with that idea.

This leaves us fans with more questions than answers about the whole Sony & Disney discussion.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Thanks for that, @Yojimbo . I seem to remember hearing about the possibility of this being very adjacent to the MCU and Feige being apart of it. The Daisy Ridley thing, I can't quite remember, but I'm on board with that idea.

This leaves us fans with more questions than answers about the whole Sony & Disney discussion.
I was mulling splitting stuff up into a Spider-Woman thread, I'll probably stumble across more as I go along.

EDIT: Thread created. So now our convo looks weird. :p

Last edited:

the greenman

I was mulling splitting stuff up into a Spider-Woman thread, I'll probably stumble across more as I go along.

EDIT: Thread created. So now our convo looks weird. :p
Well, I don't know how you mods feel about the process, but as soon as something announces isn't good enough anymore. We need a filmmaker on board to make it a go for a thread. Thanks for that though, as it will be awhile before we get real traction on it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, I don't know how you mods feel about the process, but as soon as something announces isn't good enough anymore. We need a filmmaker on board to make it a go for a thread. Thanks for that though, as it will be awhile before we get real traction on it.
Yeah, not to get into how the sausage is made, I was on the fence if I should have started a thread when Olivia Wilde was attached because there wasn't an official PR to go with the news.

the greenman

Yeah, not to get into how the sausage is made, I was on the fence if I should have started a thread when Olivia Wilde was attached because there wasn't an official PR to go with the news.
Oh, I get it. The bts is fine to be out of the loop for me. Some of these projects like Obi-Wan (I knew was going to be made eventually), just now not as a film trilogy, as I believe was the initial plan. We just have to read the tea leaves as base our decisions accordingly.

Anyway, we're eventually going to get more info on Spider-Woman as I have a feeling Marvel might let Peter rest a little while.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
What are the odds she's the go-to Spider-person until Holland comes back to acting?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts